• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Hawks forward Josh Smith is eager to see what Danny Ferry has in store for the in the future but he doesn’t seem to be impressed by what he sees right now.

Ferry agreed to trade Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams in deals that no doubt leave the Hawks as a worse team now. Word is Smith, whose contract expires after next season, expressed his concerns about the team’s direction in a recent meeting with Ferry. The Hawks GM in turn told Smith his short- and long-term visions for making the team a contender.

Ferry acknowledged meeting with Smith last week.

“It went great,” Ferry said. “It went fine.”

Ferry declined to elaborate on any details about the conversation with Smith but, speaking generally about the effects of major trades on players, said there can be shock initially.

“If changes are made there is a sense of loss because relationships get built in this business,” Ferry said. “It takes time for everyone to adjust.”

If Smith was stung by Johnson’s departure, it would make sense on a couple levels.

For one, as mentioned, the Hawks right now have less talent than at any time during their five-year playoffs streak. Smith has told the team he wants to be traded to a franchise he believes is more serious about playing for championships. That’s certainly part of Ferry’s long-term plan but the Hawks took a step back in the interim.

The other factor is Smith had a solid relationship with Johnson, who was Smith’s longest-tenured teammate along with Zaza Pachulia and Marvin Williams. Smith was in his second season when Johnson arrived in Atlanta with the expectation of being the team’s star. Smith and Johnson’s strong chemistry on the court was obvious, too, with Smith often looking to pass to Johnson in transition or spotting up in the half court.

Ferry said he has yet to meet with all of the Hawks players. He’s had a busy schedule that’s included trips out of town, and many of the players also have been in and out of Atlanta. Ferry said he planned to meet soon with Pachulia and Jeff Teague, who both are in Atlanta.

“I am trying to build connections with all of these guys,” Ferry said.
http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/07/09/atlanta-hawks-danny-ferry-tries-to-ease-josh-smiths-concerns/

Might as well go ahead and trade Josh now.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just pull the trigger and end this bull shit drama already.

DAT THORNTON

Still got it, baby.

I have no clue how or why the expect the Nets trade to be done when there's a million ways it could go wrong. With that said they do need to trade him asap. So I say take Bynum already! Though I guess Morey wants a year of Dwight.

Edit: Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Receiving Andrew Bynum from Lakers would be Magic's best deal, although club is concerned about his knees holding up.

giga

P6p2j.png

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
‏
@ChrisBHaynes

Brandon Roy says he feels great and "rest" was what he needed.

Brandon Roy says he's pain-free and says the last time he played pain-free, was before his junior season at Washington.

Brandon Roy says he and Minnesota have not talked about his role w/team. Says he wants to make it hard on Adelman not to play him.

Pain free, guys!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jonathan_Feigen
Ish Smith, by the way, was in Magic boxscore this morning. Didn't play because he is practicing in Houston, land of opportunity for pt gds.

Free Ish!

SUPREME1

Banned
Lakers fans so willing to get rid of Bynum.

There's a reason for that.

No shit. Dwight Howard.

The only center I'd trade him for. Just so happens that there wouldn't be too much hesitation about it... and what little bit of hesitation there would be, has to do with his back issues.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
In proposed blockbuster, Orlando would send Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark to Brooklyn, sources tell Y! Sports.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
In proposed blockbuster, Orlando would send Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark to Brooklyn, sources tell Y! Sports.

Wow. Joe Johnson starting and J-Rich off the bench?

He's been working out for a couple months playing pick up games and such, but that's not exactly an NBA game, is it?

You have to think Roy is pushing himself at least close to the same pace he did during the offseasons while has was playing, the fact that he is still pain free despite that is definitely encouraging. But yeah, there's a big difference between game speed and practice speed.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
the fuck is that last between the legs/off the leg thing

crazy

He even did that a couple of times, during games this past season.

The kid has this crazy way of looking out of control in real speed, but he splits defenses with ease.

It's exciting to have a player like him.

He's been working out for a couple months playing pick up games and such, but that's not exactly an NBA game, is it?
He sounded really confident in the interview. Said something to the effect that he doesn't expect to be a 38 minutes a night type of guy, but that was about it.

Hopefully he's still limited to like 20 or so though

Nelo Ice

Banned
M.S. Boyer/J. Valade ‏@PDcavsinsider
1 source tells NY Post odds of 3-day-deal with CLE-NETS-ORL getting done 60-40. 1 source tells @PDcavsinsider deal doubtful now

M.S. Boyer/J. Valade ‏@PDcavsinsider
While Dwight Howard may prefer Brooklyn, looks like Orlando may prefer Andrew Bynum over Brook Lopez. I would, too, if I were the Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom