• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You're quickly becoming the craziest guy on here.

If the Cavs get 3-6 mill cash some picks and maybe brooks or green just to have himphries for a year ? Best move in a decade by the Cavs front office that doesn't involve the first pick.

Kris Kardashian won't sign a 1 year deal.

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-emerge-again-as-strong-contender-to-land-dwight-howard.html
In the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Sheldon Williams, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks, sources said. Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also would send Brooks to a fourth team to get them an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic.

You're quickly becoming the craziest guy on here.

If the Cavs get 3-6 mill cash some picks and maybe brooks or green just to have himphries for a year ? Best move in a decade by the Cavs front office that doesn't involve the first pick.

yeah $3-6 million just to allow another team in their conference to become a contender and make it that much harder for them to succeed long term? Smart.

SamuraiX-

Thing is, with Dwight's noncompliance to extend with any other team besides Brooklyn means the Magic aren't getting any better assets in return from anyone else.

Yea, but call that bluff. If you're LA and not worried about his back, ask him to walk away from an extra 25M, a city that turns roleplayers into local stars, and stars into Superstars, and a franchise committed to winning and a non-brain-dead FO.

He really won't need anything other than the first reason, which is why LA wasn't concerned with that.

But I'm laughing at this deal, no upside for Orlando.

Wait. Four teams?

DWIGHT... IT'S GROWING

dwight-howard.jpeg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cleveland making away like bandits if this trade goes down?

I don't blame Cleveland for getting involved. They have to assume that Brooklyn will get Dwight anyway by finding some other 3rd team. But by choosing to get into the deal themselves they get value for basically nothing.

Nelo Ice

Banned
How does Orlando consider this the Nets package the safest trade?! Lopez for the max is just 4 years of garbage against your cap and the guy has foot issues. I'm sure players are salivating at the thought of playing next to Lopez as Orlando's franchise player :lol.

SamuraiX-

Yea, but call that bluff. If you're LA and not worried about his back, ask him to walk away from an extra 25M, a city that turns roleplayers into local stars, and stars into Superstars, and a franchise committed to winning and a non-brain-dead FO.

He really won't need anything other than the first reason, which is why LA wasn't concerned with that.

Sure, but then you also have to take into account:

Despite Orlando’s desire to make Lakers center Andrew Bynum the centerpiece of a trade package, a significant stumbling block remains in Bynum’s reluctance to commit to a long-term contract if he's traded to the Magic, sources said. Orlando doesn’t want to face the possibility of trading for Bynum only to lose him to free agency after the upcoming season.

Honestly, Orl probably won't get shit anyway. It's the biggest lose-lose I ever seen. I mean wtf is Bynum gonna do beside that trash?

squicken

Lopez has to take less money in a S&T?

Orlando has to take Lopez at all?

Humphries has to take a 1 year deal instead of 4?

Why would so many people go out of their way to help Howard go to NJ?

Walsh

Banned

BEST FRONT OFFICE IN DA' LEAGUE

Now I am okay with that. Just need to make sure they drop the Kardasian dropout at first chance and do not let him hinder Tristan's development.

Did no one watch Tristan Thompson at the end of the year? He was a 10 and 8 guy on a consistent basis playing just over 20 minutes a game.... at the age of 21!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
How does Orlando consider this the Nets package the safest trade?! Lopez for the max is just 4 years of garbage against your cap and the guy has foot issues.

Is Lopez the reason its a bad deal for the Magic? I know the rest are garbage, but getting 3 additional 1st round picks, go into hyper hyper tank mode and maybe start with a new young player? Once D12 is gone, Orlando is done. They end up repacking Brooklyns trash in trades for players they may want to rebuild with. I dunno.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Bynum is bluffing so hard. He ain't turning down shit. But I can understand why the Magic would be hesitant given that case.

Pretty much there's no chance in hell Bynum walks away from a max contract higher than what any team can give him in FA. Hennigan should get it done already rather than pay Brook freaking Lopez the max.

Also again how the hell is this gonna get done when theres 3 or maybe 4 teams involved and 2 of the key pieces have to agree to sign in the first place?!

Nate Jones ‏@JonesOnTheNBA
Magic Fans: Would you rather have Brook Lopez locked up at max or Bynum entering free agency with you controlling his birds rights?
Retweeted by Chris Manning

Is Lopez the reason its a bad deal for the Magic? I know the rest are garbage, but getting 3 additional 1st round picks, go into hyper hyper tank mode and maybe start with a new young player? Once D12 is gone, Orlando is done. They end up repacking Brooklyns trash in trades for players they may want to rebuild with. I dunno.

Lopez is garbage. Having him for 4 years/$50 million is a waste of money. He's a 7 footer that averaged FIVE REBOUNDS PER GAME his last full season, and that was before a foot injury.

SamuraiX-

Andrew wants a couple of things:

1 - To be the first option on offense

2 - To get paid as much as possible

Orlando provides both.

I'm also gonna guess he wouldn't take to well with moving from a team that has made the Playoffs every year since he's been there to a team that will be in ground zero rebuilding mode for the next few years.

The Nets could not only get Howard but J-Rich and Earl Clark?

That's pretty ridiculous. Not to say that either of them are any good, but for them to get any real value other than Howard in this lopsided trade is cray. Earl Clark has at least some potential to get better.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Andrew really just wants two things:

1 - To be the first option on offense

2 - To get paid as much as possible

Orlando provides both.

Yeah its a wonder why Hennigan hasn't realized this. And again it's just making it harder on him trying to work out this 3 or 4 team trainwreck. From the sounds of it they really don't want Lopez they just want to unload Dwight for anything the Nets have since Lopez will gladly admit that he'll take the money :lol.

lolol @ that package. How is that anything but terrible for Orlando?

Lopez at max. add on salary with Luke and others?

Man, if Orlando takes that trade, their franchise is done this decade.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Couldn't they amnesty Lopez down the line? Maybe he has a couple of productive years so they could trade him like fools gold?

I'm also gonna guess he wouldn't take to well with moving from a team that has made the Playoffs every year since he's been there to a team that will be in ground zero rebuilding mode for the next few years.

He doesn't care. Bynum is one of those players who I honestly believe wouldn't mind losing as much as long as he's getting his 20/10. The difference is he has the ability to get 20/10. He had 30 rebounds in a single game, did Brook Lopez even grab 30 rebounds the entire season in 2010-11?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lolol @ that package. How is that anything but terrible for Orlando?

Lopez at max. add on salary with Luke and others?

Man, if Orlando takes that trade, their franchise is done this decade.
Knicks-bad, or Knicks-good?

With him as the first option and getting paid the most? He'll live with it.

Honestly, he'd be in a weaker conference anyway.

Not saying it's perfect, but an unhappy, locked-up center is better than simply having trash for 4 years. They still gotta sell tickets.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Couldn't they amnesty Lopez down the line? Maybe he has a couple of productive years so they could trade him like fools gold?

You can't amnesty players you trade for. And uhh I don't think anyone but the Nets and I guess Orlando believe Lopez is good. If he was someone would have thrown the max at him like Hibbert.

Oh no doubt Bynum averages 20 and 10 as a first option. Maybe even a little better than that if he's fed all the time. Probably doesn't lead to many wins either as long as the supporting cast is bad.

If the Lakers really want Dwight they may have to get Houston involved. Something like Pau to the Rockets, Terrence Jones, Royce White and a 1st to Orlando, Scola and Kev Mart to the Lakers potentially.

Or some such. I'd probably do it if I'm the Lakers.

Edit: Inclues Bynum to orlando obviously.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The Nets could not only get Howard but J-Rich and Earl Clark?

That's pretty ridiculous. Not to say that either of them are any good, but for them to get any real value other than Howard in this lopsided trade is cray. Earl Clark has at least some potential to get better.

You realize earl Clark is a minimum level player at best and they are making the nets take Jruch as a bad contract dump right?

SamuraiX-

You realize earl Clark is a minimum level player at best and they are making the nets take Jruch as a bad contract dump right?

J-Rich is only getting $6M/yr for 3 more years and is still more than serviceable and you're gonna call that a bad contract after everything that's been going on during this free agency period?

SUPREME1

Banned

Andrew isn't about winning at all costs though. That's not his mentality. He's already got two rings and is more concerned with scoring points than anything else.

Plus he's young enough where Orl can spend a coupel of years rebuilding and still have him in his prime at the end of that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
J-Rich is only getting $6M/yr for 3 more years and is still more than serviceable and you're gonna call that a bad contract after everything that's been going on during this free agency period?

An aging wing player who was mostly good due to athletic ability who shot 40% last year? Yeah I'd rather pay him than Landry fields but he is washed up and not worth half that money.

He fell off a damn cliff last season.

The Nets can't get better value than J-Rich on the market. He pretty much makes Nick Young money while being better than Nick Young. If you want someone a tier better (Batum) you are going to pay closer to Max in this terrible league.

So moving J-Rich isn't going to be very hard if they want to do it. This just helps the Nets even more.

KingGondo

Banned
Magic are gonna suck no matter what after Dwight leaves. I'd rather suck with Lopez rather than Bynum, if just for the simple reason that he won't rock the boat during the rebuilding phase. Presti disciples are big on character, and there aren't many players as childish and idiotic as Drew.

And for the salty Lakers fans--you have nothing to offer besides a bitchmade big with attitude and injury problems. You can't offer picks, which is what the Magic really want.

There's a minimum salary in the new CBA anyways. Maybe that's Orlando's motivation for taking on Bropez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom