• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walsh

Banned
Cleveland needs to stay far away from Humphries and that 3 team deal. We are in a perfect spot right now with a lot of young talent. Give Thompson the minutes he earned at the end of last season and he will be All Star caliber in 2 years.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Lakers fans know they have an injury prone guy with the mental capacity of a 8yr old.

I know it's D12, but still.. so eager.

giga

Lakers fans know they have an injury prone guy with the mental capacity of a 8yr old.

I know it's D12, but still.. so eager.
Eh. I'd say Dwight is more like 12 years old more than 8.

In current structure of deal, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, sources tell Y!
LOL. Why would you take this trash Orlando.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
In current structure of deal, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, sources tell Y!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Working out here in the mandarin oriental hotel gym in Vegas and my workout partner is coach Woodson . Dude is cool as hell. I showed him your avatar frankman... He laughed at it.

SamuraiX-

Cleveland needs to stay far away from Humphries and that 3 team deal. We are in a perfect spot right now with a lot of young talent. Give Thompson the minutes he earned at the end of last season and he will be All Star caliber in 2 years.

L2Nm3.gif

I like you. I hope you stick around.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This has to be a smokescreen now. NBA GMS are dumb but good god that proposed deal is highway robbery for Brooklyn.

And all I know is if we do get Dwight shit will not get leaked until it's about to happen lol.

Nelo Ice

Banned
the first rounders from Brooklyn will likely be mid-late 20s, which, as bad as recent drafts have been, might as well be 2nd rounders.

And how do they convince Cleveland to give them 1 or more of their 7 first rounders when they don't even want anything the Nets have and have the cap space to sign Humphries outright lol.

RBH

Brooklyn receives:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Earl Clark

Orlando receives:
Brook Lopez
Damion Jones
Shelden Williams
Luke Walton
3 or 4 first round picks

Cleveland receives:
Kris Humphries
?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Brooklyn receives:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Earl Clark

Orlando receives:
Brook Lopez
Damion Jones
Shelden Williams
Luke Walton
3 or 4 first round picks

That has to be a smokescreen now. That's terribad all around for everyone but Brooklyn :lol. Does Hennigan really think he can outwork Mitch?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Damion James is a good player.

That deal is still lolz though... maybe if they got non-emo Bropez

Brooklyn receives:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Earl Clark

Orlando receives:
Brook Lopez
Damion Jones
Shelden Williams
Luke Walton
3 or 4 first round picks

Cleveland receives:
Kris Humphries
?

Gilbert must be so desperate and salty he will do whatever it takes to prevent LeBron from getting another ring.

SamuraiX-

the first rounders from Brooklyn will likely be mid-late 20s, which, as bad as recent drafts have been, might as well be 2nd rounders.

Some guys who went in the 20s the past few drafts: Kenneth Faried, MarShon Brooks, Norris Cole, Jordan Crawford, Greivis Vasquez, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison, Rodrigue Beaubois, Taj Gibson, etc.

Just think, why in the world would a rebuilding team was Brook Lopez

You could ask the same thing about Bynum.

Some guys who went in the 20s the past few drafts: Kenneth Faried, MarShon Brooks, Norris Cole, Jordan Crawford, Greivis Vasquez, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison, Rodrigue Beaubois, Taj Gibson, etc.

You could probably build around Bynum, not so much for Lopez.

Working out here in the mandarin oriental hotel gym in Vegas and my workout partner is coach Woodson . Dude is cool as hell. I showed him your avatar frankman... He laughed at it.
How can anyone not love it?

scaled.php

Coach Woodson is such a cool guy. Even in Atlanta I liked the guy because he seemed so commited to D. Much like alot of the other Knicks asst. coaches turned Head Coach, O is his problem.

That's nice but they are complete crapshoots. You can probably name as many guys from the 2nd round that were good. If you are rebuilding, lottery picks are the only sure thing (or closest to it). Having 4 or 5 draft picks in the late 20s doesn't mean you have a bright future.

And yes, Bynum is questionable because of his ethic and injuries, but all things being even he is a FAR better player than Lopez.

Nelo Ice

Banned
You could probably build around Bynum, not so much for Lopez.

Yup, Bynum is the bar none the 2nd best Center in the league. And on days he decides to give a fuck he's a beast. Yeah you can build around that granted Magic have to hope he cares since that's when he's actually useful outside of not being injured.

Craziest thing about this deal is that Orlando doesn't get any assets back that they couldn't just buy off the market lol.

Not sure how or why the Magic are subjecting themselves to this. Dwight spit in their face and they are going to take a bad deal rather than move him to teams that will accept a rental.

Yeah.. but for all the bitching about the Heat and super teams... it seems that trying to get a bench would actually make the Lakers much better than just adding Howard..

Yea, I'm more for this as I've thought about it. Still need some youth and depth. Shit I'd like Ariza back if his contract wasn't poison.

HAHAHAHA

Except you can actually build a team around him. Lopez? Not so much.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Craziest thing about this deal is that Orlando doesn't get any assets back that they couldn't just buy off the market lol.

Not sure how or why the Magic are subjecting themselves to this. Dwight spit in their face and they are going to take a bad deal rather than move him to teams that will accept a rental.

Yeah and again you swear Bynum with his knees is really going to walk away from an extra $25 million or whatever the price is to resign as a free agent?

SamuraiX-

Thing is, with Dwight's noncompliance to extend with any other team besides Brooklyn means the Magic aren't getting any better assets in return from anyone else.

LuchaShaq

Banned

You're quickly becoming the craziest guy on here.

If the Cavs get 3-6 mill cash some picks and maybe brooks or green just to have himphries for a year ? Best move in a decade by the Cavs front office that doesn't involve the first pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom