• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Andrew isn't about winning at all costs though. That's not his mentality. He's already got two rings and is more concerned with scoring points than anything else.

Plus he's young enough where Orl can spend a coupel of years rebuilding and still have him in his prime at the end of that.

Yeah, maybe. Dark Faze has a point though. Orlando and LA would need to get some other team involved that could land the Magic some future 1sts.

An aging wing player who was mostly good due to athletic ability who shot 40% last year? Yeah I'd rather pay him than Landry fields but he is washed up and not worth half that money.

He fell off a damn cliff last season.

I wouldn't be so confident about using a lockout season as a litmus test for where he is right now.

I'm sure his shooting percentages will go back up this season.

SUPREME1

Banned
Oh no doubt Bynum averages 20 and 10 as a first option. Maybe even a little better than that if he's fed all the time. Probably doesn't lead to many wins either as long as the supporting cast is bad.

If the Lakers really want Dwight they may have to get Houston involved. Something like Pau to the Rockets, Terrence Jones, Royce White and a 1st to Orlando, Scola and Kev Mart to the Lakers potentially.

Or some such. I'd probably do it if I'm the Lakers.

Edit: Inclues Bynum to orlando obviously.

I'd hate to give up Pau and not get to see what he could do with Nash.. but even then,

Nash
Mamba
MWP
Scola
Dwight

If Dwight returns to form, that'd be a scary team.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The Nets can't get better value than J-Rich on the market. He pretty much makes Nick Young money while being better than Nick Young. If you want someone a tier better (Batum) you are going to pay closer to Max in this terrible league.

So moving J-Rich isn't going to be very hard if they want to do it. This just helps the Nets even more.

Watch the games or even look at the stats of the magic last year? Jrich wasn't even as good as most d leaguers last year.
Any scrub can shoot 40% on mostly wide open jumpers and play zero defense.

Magic are gonna suck no matter what after Dwight leaves. I'd rather suck with Lopez rather than Bynum. Presti disciples are big on character, and there aren't many players as childish and idiotic as Drew.

And for the salty Lakers fans--you have nothing to offer besides a bitchmade big with attitude and injury problems. You can't offer picks, which is what the Magic really want.

There's a minimum salary in the new CBA anyways. Maybe that's Orlando's motivation for taking on Bropez.

You'd honestly rather have Lopez at max? Are a member of the Magic or Nets?

Also, Lopez has injury problems...

And they will hit the minimum no matter for whom they trade.

I'm having Vince Carter trade flashbacks with this Orlando deal, right down to the rookie GM way out of his depth. This is the kind of trade that can completely destroy a franchise for years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Magic are gonna suck no matter what after Dwight leaves. I'd rather suck with Lopez rather than Bynum, if just for the simple reason that he won't rock the boat during the rebuilding phase. Presti disciples are big on character, and there aren't many players as childish and idiotic as Drew.

And for the salty Lakers fans--you have nothing to offer besides a bitchmade big with attitude and injury problems. You can't offer picks, which is what the Magic really want.

There's a minimum salary in the new CBA anyways. Maybe that's Orlando's motivation for taking on Bropez.

I'm big on talent. You know the thing that actually wins basketball games.

Brook Lopez could be Mother Teresa for all I care. Dude can't fucking play.

Flash

On one hand, Dwight doesn't deserve to go to his ideal destination... but on the other hand, at least the Heat will have some competition in the east.

But I get why Magic don't want Bynum. The guy is a head case and he will be even worse in a losing situation without Kobe. And Bynum will net them a few extra wins single handedly due to the sad state of centers in the NBA. Magic have no interest in winning games, they will clearly be in tank mode and so they better lose as many games as possible. Lopez absolutely helps them do that and at least they pick up a few picks from the trade in the process. The contract is dumb but who cares, they will be perennial losers for at least the next 3 years so by the time everything comes together he'll be close to coming off the books.

The alternative is letting him walk but then you lose out on those draft picks.

Magic are gonna suck no matter what after Dwight leaves. I'd rather suck with Lopez rather than Bynum, if just for the simple reason that he won't rock the boat during the rebuilding phase. Presti disciples are big on character, and there aren't many players as childish and idiotic as Drew.

He's played his entire career with unrealistic expectations from Kobe who wants to destroy him in the shower after every game and living in the shadow of Kareem and Shaq. He'd probably chill out in Orlando attitude wise.

Bynum is my least favorite player in the league and I'd take him over Bropez every time

SamuraiX-

PJIII and Sully looking fairly impressive so far.

PJIII demonstrating more aggressiveness in his first summer league game than he showed in his entire college career.

KingGondo

Banned
He's played his entire career with unrealistic expectations from Kobe who wants to destroy him in the shower after every game and living in the shadow of Kareem and Shaq. He'd probably chill out in Orlando attitude wise.
He's used to having it easy. Kobe and (especially) Pau take all the attention and heat when things aren't going well, and the Lakers have been a playoff team and 2x champ with him on board. He doesn't care because none of the blame falls on him and he doesn't know what it's like to truly fail.

When Orlando starts missing the playoffs year after year in the East, he'll get the lion's share of the blame and he'll crack. If he doesn't get injured first, he'll start demanding a trade, bitching to the media about how he's being misused, and acting out on the court.

I wouldn't wanna pay Bropez either, but he's less likely to rock the boat during a difficult rebuilding phase.

SUPREME1

Banned

Lol, right. Bynum over Lopez is a no brainer.

Dwight out west would make Bynum the clear cut best center in the east. He'd be putting up 20+ and 10+ and would be the starting center for the east all-stars.

That is way more palatable than having Dwight in the same conference where he'd continue to be the east's starting center come all-star weekend.

Lopez is trash. Bynum is a jerk. From a FO perspective, you go with Bynum all day long.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
If by real 2 you mean 3 and by 3 you mean Iggy then yes

No, I mean a SG. I understand that the Wolves have had the opportunity to get Iguodala and haven't before. I don't know what would have changed to make them do so now.

If the Wolves can get Courtney Lee or Lou Williams or somebody, that'd be alright.

I don't understand why ORL isn't simply blowing it up. You aren't winning a championship in this league without some combination of the top 10-15 players. Realistically the best they will make out is one of those players. Why would you want to waste years of being a mid-tier playoff squad with no real path upward?

Getting young, taking expiring contracts and stacking early draft picks is all they should be worried about at this point. You have to know when to cut your losses.

KingGondo

Banned
Lol, right. Bynum over Lopez is a no brainer.

Dwight out west would make Bynum the clear cut best center in the east. He'd be putting up 20+ and 10+ and would be the starting center for the east all-stars.

That is way more palatable than having Dwight in the same conference where he'd continue to be the east's starting center come all-star weekend.

Lopez is trash. Bynum is a jerk. From a FO perspective, you go with Bynum all day long.
Comparing the players straight-up, I agree.

But it's a much tougher call when you throw in 4 first rounders, not to mention the high picks that Orlando will get by tanking.

Besides, of tanking is the goal, I'd rather quietly tank while building a good culture than spectacularly fail because of a locker room cancer like Bynum.

Unless the Lakers magically come up with some more picks to give Orlando, Dwight will be a Net.

I don't understand why ORL isn't simply blowing it up. You aren't winning a championship in this league without some combination of the top 10-15 players. Realistically the best they will make out is one of those players. Why would you want to waste years of being a mid-tier playoff squad with no real path upward?

Getting young, taking expiring contracts and stacking early draft picks is all they should be worried about at this point. You have to know when to cut your losses.

Why do that when you can have Lopez at the max getting you 5-6 rebounds a game?

Comparing the players straight-up, I agree.

But it's a much tougher call when you throw in 4 first rounders, not to mention the high picks that Orlando will get by tanking.

Besides, of tanking is the goal, I'd rather quietly tank while building a good culture than spectacularly fail because of a locker room cancer like Bynum.

Unless the Lakers magically come up with some more picks to give Orlando, Dwight will be a Net.

Those first rounders mean shit. They'll be 27+ picks.

Lopez at max will kill the franchise. This would be like OKC giving Perkins the max.

Like I said, if they want to blow it up, why not trade him to Houston or Atlanta? They have decent picks and salary relief to throw at them. The Nets offer is the worst of all the teams.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Steve Novak has agreed to terms with New York, his agent Mark Bartelstein says.

daldridgetnt
Deal is four years, $15 million, according to Bartlestein.

Whos got the Novak championship title gif?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Those first rounders mean shit. They'll be 27+ picks.

Lopez at max will kill the franchise. This would be like OKC giving Perkins the max.

Like I said, if they want to blow it up, why not trade him to Houston or Atlanta? They have decent picks and salary relief to throw at them. The Nets offer is the worst of all the teams.

Houston is the only team besides us willing to take the gamble to get Dwight without him admitting he'll resign.

SamuraiX-

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Agent Mark Bartlestein says F Steve Novak re-signing with the Knicks.
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Deal is four years, $15 million, according to Bartlestein.

$3.75M/yr is a steal for Novak. Probably one of the Top 3 best contracts of the off-season.

Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn gets Dwight

I'd take my chance on Bynum. You don't cripple your salary cap with a player like Lopez just cause; that's fucking stupid. At least with Bynum, you know the guy can flat out dominate as long as he's motivated. Maybe him being the main guy on a team will do that for him. If that doesn't happen, then he'll leave, but at least the Magic won't have to pay Lopez that crazy contract for absolutely no reason.

SamuraiX-

Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn gets Dwight

Stop yelling at us, Terry Crews.

Still think the Brooklyn shit sandwich is just straight up BS, it has to be. Hennigan thought 9 million per year on a 16/8 player who just won MIP was too much, how on earth would the same person agree to give a 6 RPG center with foot problems a max deal?

SUPREME1

Banned
Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, Brooklyn gets Dwight

Are you giving an opinion or stating something factual?

Reave

We know, brah.

SUPREME1

Banned
Still think the Brooklyn shit sandwich is just straight up BS, it has to be. Henningan thought 9 million per year on 16/8 player who won MIP last year was too much, how on earth would the same person agree to give a 6 RPG center with foot problems a max deal?

You have raised my hopes that we will indeed end up with Dwight. Hope you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom