• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Still think the Brooklyn shit sandwich is just straight up BS, it has to be. Hennigan thought 9 million per year on a 16/8 player who just won MIP was too much, how on earth would the same person agree to give a 6 RPG center with foot problems a max deal?

Yeah there's no way any GM even the dumbest would accept this trade. If anything it has to be a massive smokescreen so he can can deal with Mitch or Morey in secrecy.

Houston is the best option for the Magic. They'll get picks, young players, and when Dwight bolts at the end of the year Houston will become a lottery team which will massively increase the value of their picks. I can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Still think the Brooklyn shit sandwich is just straight up BS, it has to be. Hennigan thought 9 million per year on a 16/8 player who just won MIP was too much, how on earth would the same person agree to give a 6 RPG center with foot problems a max deal?

Because...

AWoj said:
Orlando will need to have its doctors examine Brook Lopez's foot before it would finalize any deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Houston is the best option for the Magic. They'll get picks, young players, and when Dwight bolts at the end of the year Houston will become a lottery team which will massively increase the value of their picks. I can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

I agree. From a re-building standpoint it's the best. Not sure if Orl wants that or to build around Bropez. AHAHAHAHA

Because they don't want to give those assets up for nothing.

It's kind of genius for Gilbert to help the Nets. Think about it. Their team is still years away from competing, so the Nets superteam doesn't affect them.

With this proposed deal, the Nets luxury tax is going to be huuuuuge in a few years. LT dollars go to teams under the LT. Like the Cavs will be. He's making $$$ in more ways that one.

Of course, it helps prove it was always about money and not parity...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's kind of genius for Gilbert to help the Nets. Think about it. Their team is still years away from competing, so the Nets superteam doesn't affect them.

With this proposed deal, the Nets luxury tax is going to be huuuuuge in a few years. LT dollars go to teams under the LT. Like the Cavs will be. He's making $$$ in more ways that one.

I'm 87% sure the Cavs are doing this just to hinder LBJ's chances at winning a title.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I never thought of it liked that, but that's a very good point.

Cmon man you know he isn't that smart.

I doubt his thought process went beyond "Fuck Lebron"

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
And likewise, the Nets will need to examine Dwight Howard's back for themselves, sources say.

Is Wojojojojoanrarjwoqrkqskistri gonna tweet that the sky is blue next

wtf is this shit

RBH

PG Irving
SG Waiters
SF Gee
PF Humphries - Thompson (split time)
C Varajeo - Zeller

45 wins

iUlTQke6wjPhb.gif

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Indy, per source, will give Hibbert the same terms that Portland was ready to give in offer sheet, & so won't technically "match" the sheet.

Portland unnecessary in the process, now, so their cap room is free.

next step needs to be convincing Morey that he wants Bynum and getting some players and picks for him. Depth>Bynum for the Lakers.

NO. Teams with good depth generally fizzle out in the playoffs. See: Bulls last year. Heat and previous 2 laker titles with little depth. I'll stick to that formula that we've seen usually work.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
In addition to framework described by @WojYahooNBA, the Nets' Armon Johnson would go to Orlando in the current framework being discussed.

Hennigan is going to look like a genius!

KingGondo

Banned
People are acting like there's some kind of immediate positive outcome for the Magic in the cards here. If Hennigan prefers that the Magic tank with a bundle of firsts and a good offensive big (with good character) over tanking with the gaping vagina that is Bynum and no picks, who cares (except Laker fans, who think the best players in the league are theirs by birthright)?

And how do we know that Bropez is gonna be able to negotiate a max deal, anyways?

If that's the case, this needs to be veto'ed for basketball reasons.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh yeah, this is Singler's NBA debut. Maybe he won't suck.

Not holding my breath for Jon Scheyer with philly today. He's only got one eye now.

Oh yeah, this is Singler's NBA debut. Maybe he won't suck.

Not holding my breath for Jon Scheyer with philly today. He's only got one eye now.

wat?

That's kinda fucked up if true.

edit:

I see (no pun intended).

381px-Scheyer_warm_up_crop.jpg

I hope he makes the team. One of the few Dukies I liked (no offense).

Nelo Ice

Banned
People are acting like there's some kind of immediate positive outcome for the Magic in the cards here. If Hennigan prefers that the Magic tank with a bundle of firsts and a good offensive big (with good character) over tanking with the gaping vagina that is Bynum and no picks, who cares (except Laker fans, who think the best players in the league are theirs by birthright)?

And how do we know that Bropez is gonna be able to negotiate a max deal, anyways?

You realize not just Laker fans are saying how incredibly stupid the trade is and that Bynum is the best offer they'll get based on pure talent alone. As for Lopez how else do you think he's going to be sent to Orlando without matching salaries??

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
wat?

That's kinda fucked up if true.

edit:

I see (no pun intended).

381px-Scheyer_warm_up_crop.jpg

I hope he makes the team. One of the few Dukies I liked (no offense).

Its cool, I feel really bad for Jon. He had an uphill chance making it 2 years ago, it will be very difficult for him to make it being virtually blind in one eye. He's real tight with the Collins family so he may look to get into coaching, especially when Chris finally gets his own gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom