• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

The problem with this deal is that the Magic can't clean house like the Nuggets did to the Knicks for Melo since the Nets don't really have anything to give outside of scraps and picks. I'd possibly take Mozgov over Lopez, but that's partly to rarely ever seeing Lopez play basketball.

Dwight is the one screwing the Magic on this trade by saying he'll only extend with the Nets, but it's either that or making sure both Bynum and Dwight will extend on the Magic/Lakers, or getting nothing by keeping Dwight and doing poorly this year anyways.

Nelo Ice

Banned
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
@EricPincus might work better to offer Shelden, true. Gaines likely gets 1 guar yr at 5.0 in deal. Would have to give ~ 3 yr 9 mil probably

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
@johnhollinger so easy for this to come all crashing down frankly - impressed if they muscle it through

So uhh how this even close to being done when like nearly all the integral pieces aren't even under contract?!

Brinbe

That's a horrible package for the Magic, just godawful. And I've liked a lot of what I've seen from Andre, but goddamn, he makes D. Jordan look positively Nash-like from the line.

The problem with this deal is that the Magic can't clean house like the Nuggets did to the Knicks for Melo since the Nets don't really have anything to give outside of scraps and picks. I'd possibly take Mozgov over Lopez, but that's partly to rarely ever seeing Lopez play basketball.

Even Nets season ticket holders have rarely ever seen Lopez play basketball.

SamuraiX-

DraftExpress2 ‏@DraftExpress2
Andre Drummond has 2 air balls from the foul line, two made step back jumpers from the midrange, and a dunk to make up his 6-point SL debut.

How is this even possible?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I like what I've seen from him so far. I hope he can give some decent minutes off the bench this year,

Singler will always play hard, dirty if he has to, and from about 15 or so, he's got a pretty good mid range shot. Beyond the arc...welll. I love Kyle but that fucker will shoot you out of a game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Skip doesn't even watch basketball and knows how stupid the magic are.

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Can't believe any rival GM will help Orl trade DHoward to potential "super team" w/ Nets. Can't believe Magic would take BLopez in return.

I am still loling about the Marshon Brooks to Clippers.

mj-laughing.gif

The fact that this is going through screams rigged. How could hennigan possibly want that package? Take Horford and picks. Take Bynum and Metta. Take anything the Rockets give you. Why give in to Howard's demands?

linsivvi

It's not rigged, they are just all scared of the Russian mafia.

The guy went against Putin. How many persons in the world dare to do that?

The fact that this is going through screams rigged. How could hennigan possibly want that package? Take Horford and picks. Take Bynum and Metta. Take anything the Rockets give you. Why give in to Howard's demands?

Atlanta and Houston won't make the trade if Howard is going to walk, and Magic won't take back Bynum w/o an extension. It really handcuffs the Magic. Easier to say you'd play hardball with Howard than to actually do it if you were in that position. The Magic's big mistake goes back to Otis making the moves he made, not being fired sooner, and also not trading Dwight a year ago when the writing was on the wall. The fact remains that this is still a players league, the players have all the power. Deal with it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ChrisMannixSI
Kris Humphries agent, Dan Fegan, tells SI that talk of a one-year deal for Humphries is "ridiculous."

BLOW IT UP.

Of course Fegan is also Dwights agent so...

Atlanta and Houston won't make the trade if Howard is going to walk, and Magic won't take back Bynum w/o an extension. It really handcuffs the Magic. Easier to say you'd play hardball with Howard than to actually do it if you were in that position. The Magic's big mistake goes back to Otis making the moves he made, not being fired sooner, and also not trading Dwight a year ago when the writing was on the wall. The fact remains that this is still a players league, the players have all the power. Deal with it.

in other words. its all bynum's fault.
i can roll with that.

squicken

Everything I've heard locally was that HOU were perfectly willing to take him w/o a guarantee of an extension. Has that changed?

Nelo Ice

Banned
So there's a total of 5 players that need to actually agree to be signed and traded. Yeah ones about to fuck it up and looks like it's Humphries!

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
@ChrisMannixSI well a 1-yr deal isn't even legal in S&T to be literal

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

Both Dwight Howard and Kris Humphries represented by Dan Fegan. Rumor is, Fegan has agreed to contract, waiting for Humphries to sign off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom