• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshon Brooks was a 23 yo rookie...

Eh...

The chance to screw over the Flakers and prop up a real contender to the cHeat next year though...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Drummond is a good 3 inches to the left of the rim on his FTs. Now I could understand not getting the distance correct, but airballing to the left is just hilarious.

That's why I'm scratching my head why this trade is even going through.

Nets win it big if this works out.

Seriously, it seems like every other team loses. Hell, some of the players lose too. Kris Humpries averaged a double double last year, he should be able to get more than a one year deal.

Walsh

Banned
Cleveland better not accept Humphries on a 4 year contract. It is a stretch going for the guy as just a loaner for a year but taking him on a 4 year contract seriously restricts are options next off season.

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

Both Dwight Howard and Kris Humphries represented by Dan Fegan. Rumor is, Fegan has agreed to contract, waiting for Humphries to sign off.

How the hell is this not a monumental conflict of interest? Is this even legal?

Edit: I mean legally legal. Not under the CBA or whatever.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
To be clear, I'm told Kris Humphries is only interested in multi-year GUARANTEED deal.

GG Brooklyn?
And from Aldridge.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/
Indeed, Humphries’s agent, Dan Fegan, has not even had a conversation with the Cavaliers about a contract for Humphries, according to league sources. The Nets are driving the process.

The Nets have sent medical records for their free agent center, Brook Lopez, to the Magic. Lopez would be the centerpiece of the players and picks that Orlando would take back in a package for Howard. However, the Nets have not asked for or received Howard’s medical records from Orlando, according to the source involved in the discussions, because the talks have not gotten to the point where a deal is imminent.

I'm utterly confused as to how a deal is imminent when 5 of the players have to agree to this madness.

Seriously, it seems like every other team loses. Hell, some of the players lose too. Kris Humpries averaged a double double last year, he should be able to get more than a one year deal.

Jeff Green and Brook Lopez didn't even play last year and are about to get multi year/seven figure deals.

I bereave in them next year. Flakers are getting old and KoMe's knees and Nash's back are definitely not going to hold up.

Iron men are going down but bone on bone Chris and above the rim Blake are gonna be just dandy? Lulz. Clips have as big a chance at injury as The Lakers, I would say serious injury risk to Paul and Griff are at Bynum levels.

Gigglepoo

That's a pretty shit deal for Orlando, but I can understand Hennigan's pressure to take what he can. It's easy for us to say we'd just play Dwight's bluff and make him sweat out another year in a Magic uniform, but it's probably not that easy for him.

What would Dwight do if he wasn't traded? Orlando has his Bird Rights and Brooklyn couldn't offer him anywhere close to the max.

What would Dwight do if he wasn't traded? Orlando has his Bird Rights and Brooklyn couldn't offer him anywhere close to the max.

He might walk to Atlanta or somewhere else with space (Houston? Dallas?) Yeah he'd be leaving a ton of money on the table, and it's hard to believe he will do that, but another year in Orlando could just make things so ugly to the point that he might just do it. A new GM on the job might not want to deal with that kind of drama in his first year.

Cipherr

Will really be glad when Howard ends up wherever the fuck he ends up. Ever since early this year with his "Im leaving" and "Im staying" bullshit he has hogged shitloads of NBA reporting time. I just dont even give a shit anymore. Just send this guy somewhere finally so I can stop hearing about his ass, Jesus fucking Christ....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God dammit Morey pick up the god damn phone.

Fuck everything

I'm starting to think... no one likes him lol

This league is still a joke... I'm ready for another lockout!

Shinobi

Humphries can't be that stupid.

020811_ampics_kardashian_108900058110208074230.jpg

RBH

The Magic would get three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers.
Those 1st round picks would pretty much be fucking useless. :lol

Mid-to-late 1st round picks haven't meant shit for years now.

I'm mainly rooting for some damn competitive balance in the East.

Even with Dwight, the Lakers are depending on aging/old guys and still don't match up well with OKC. I ain't scared.
Ridiculous post. The lakers threw away two of those games. You think adding Nash and Dwight makes no difference?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Iron men are going down but bone on bone Chris and above the rim Blake are gonna be just dandy? Lulz. Clips have as big a chance at injury as The Lakers, I would say serious injury risk to Paul and Griff are at Bynum levels.

I agree. Blakes game with his past injury? I doubt he's having a long career.

..and if the Chris Paul rumors of past are true? Yikes.

It's good to see Vince make a come back.. A feel good story imo.

And how about those JG Wentworth commercials? The ones with the opera singers? I fuckin love those.

It's good to see Vince make a come back.. A feel good story imo.

And how about those JG Wentworth commercials? The ones with the opera singers? I fuckin love those.

I mute them faster than freecreditreport.com commercials.

and for basketball relevancy: Humph needs to fire that agent if these rumors are true. That's even more shameless than all-stars colluding during the olympics.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
How'd the last one work out? You know, in terms of creating "competitve balance" and discouraging "outrageous player contracts"?

I'd rather have it again then watch this Howard drama. They need a longer one it seems to fix this broken league.

It also delays me having to watch a gimp Rockets squad. I'm not fully prepared for it, though it needed to happen.

Will really be glad when Howard ends up wherever the fuck he ends up. Ever since early this year with his "Im leaving" and "Im staying" bullshit he has hogged shitloads of NBA reporting time. I just dont even give a shit anymore. Just send this guy somewhere finally so I can stop hearing about his ass, Jesus fucking Christ....

This is pretty much how I feel about it at this point, I'd rather talk about summer league games and the olympic team.

shira

I'd rather have it again then watch this Howard drama. They need a longer one it seems to fix this broken league.

It also delays me having to watch a gimp Rockets squad. I'm not fully prepared for it, though it needed to happen.

Serious? Agents will always find a loophole.

You are just delaying the inevitable.

Those 1st round picks would pretty much be fucking useless. :lol

Mid-to-late 1st round picks haven't meant shit for years now.

We can give them three mid round picks right now if thats all they want. And im will to throw in Martins one year bad contract instead of Lopez' four year one. Hell I'll even throw in Torontos guaranteed lottery pick.

Branduil

I said it during the lockout, but if you really want to improve competitive balance, make it so teams can only have one max player on their roster at a time. Every other player is at half of the max or lower. You'd see a lot less of this superteam crap if one of the guys had to make half the money of the other.

Missed the Jazz Summer League game, didn't sound like I missed much.

Also, getting Brook Lopez on a max contract sounds more like a punishment than a reward. Like, teams would have to give up assets to get rid of that contract, super confused how it became an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom