• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Luke is strong enough to play the 4 and Shelden will bring his Duke experience to the 5. That's a solid frontcourt that will pair up nicely with Jameer, JJ Redick (again, Duke), and Turkeyglue. And then you got Von Wafer and Ryno off the bench. 6 seed in the East confirmed.

Then right below you ....

No way Lebron would have left Cleavland had they actually built a team around him. The new CBA's bird rights will help small market teams hold onto the assets they aquire from the draft as well.

I don't think the advantage is as massive as you would like to think. OTher than LA, NY, BOS and CHI what large market teams are there? Miami is just a beach city with no taxes. CHI and NY haven't been relevant in years.

For that matter, why is the east always crappy in comarison to the west? I think west had 3 of the 4 top seeds last year come from small markets. SA, OKC and MEM. It would seem to me that the east has more large market teams in general.

Of the four teams that have any chance of winning this year, OKC is the only one that isn't stock full of money.

SamuraiX-

Luke is strong enough to play the 4 and Shelden will bring his Duke experience to the 5. That's a solid frontcourt that will pair up nicely with Jameer, JJ Redick (again, Duke), and Turkeyglue. And then you got Von Wafer and Ryno off the bench. 6 seed in the East confirmed.

I laughed way too hard at this. lol

This Philly Summer League roster has done an amazing job of maintaining the team's philosophical fuckball tradition.

Knux in tears of joy.

They even had Harkless doing the Turner special of standing in the corner while Silas and Puller take the worst shots ever.

Doug is proud.

If Howard and Rose didn't go down, who knows? Miami barely made it to the finals.

The Lakers, OKC, Chicago (w/ Rose), Brooklyn, Clippers.. all can contend.

Name a year that there was really more than 6 serious contenders?

Heat, OKC, Lakers, and Brooklyn are the only contenders and Brook will probably need a year before they fully get it together. I'd like to think CHI has a chance too if they stay healthy but I won't hold my breath. LOL at Clips being contenders.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If Howard and Rose didn't go down, who knows? Miami barely made it to the finals.

Bulls are regular season champs, playoff paper tigers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
z4c.png

lol that is so bad. WTFFFF Orlando

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Aw come on man. I was already getting over it and then you gotta rip my heart out again.

The notion that Brook Lopez at 15 million per season is more palpable than Ryno at 8 is freaking insane.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, Rose had nothing to do with their collapse. Carry on.
Rose would have just delayed the inevitable. The lack of a true second option make them too offensively predictable in a seven game series. Their complete dependence on him was greatly exposed when they couldn't manage to score against Philly in a seven game series.

yup all you need is to get lucky in the lottery 3 times in a row or sacrifice a season with your great player to get lucky in the lottery

Landing Duncan was about as lucky as it gets, OKC landing Durant was lucky too; but other than that I give credit to OKC and SA's great talent evaluation, coaching, and management for their success. Orlando, Cleveland, the Clippers, Wizards, etc, have all had the opportunity to build around great players they either did or could have drafted. They didn't because they lacked the combination of things I listed above that OKC and San Antonio both had.

Vestal

1993-94 .. Bulls, Knicks, Suns, Rockets, Sonics, Jazz, Indiana.....
1994-95.. Bulls, Knicks, Rockets, Jazz, Pacers, Magic, Spurs...

There's an example.

KingGondo

Banned
Only way I could see it is if we got them to give us Davis, and even then it's craaaaaaaaay.

Trying to conceive of ways this could be faked...

Man.

Bulls are regular season champs, playoff paper tigers.

just a quick heads up.
in order for you to be officially part of laker-age.
you need to do two things.
think of it as a rite of passage.

1st, you need to be locked in a room with ninja scooter for no more than 30 mins.
what hapens in that room, stays in that room. (bodily fluids not included.)

2nd, you need to shit on konex about his love for either underage females or his love for backstreetboys.

If he was traded, it would be for Austin Rivers + something, I'd imagine.

but then NOH would let Gordon leave, I suppose?

What is the source of that pic?

Jonm1010

Banned
Only way I could see it is if we got them to give us Davis, and even then it's craaaaaaaaay.

Trying to conceive of ways this could be faked...

Man.

I can't imagine we would do such a thing, nor can I imagine how we would have the assets to make that trade appealing to the Thunder.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
just a quick heads up.
in order for you to be officially part of laker-age.
you need to do two things.
think of it as a rite of passage.

1st, you need to locked in a room with ninja scooter for no more than 30 mins.
what hapens in that room, stays in that room. (bodily fluids not included.)

2nd, you need to shit on konex about his love for either underage females or his love for backstreetboys.
I can do that. Hey Konex, N-SYNC!!!!

MightyPoo was a good warm up.

Go easy on me Ninja. :(

It would have to be for Davis. It would make no sense to trade one near-max SG for another max SG.

It can't be Gordon. Can't trade a player you match. It would be Austin Rivers. NOH are not trading Davis.

It's either fake or it's for Rivers. I'm leaning on fake.

Also, time for Portland to offer Brook Lopez the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom