• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
he didn't win state with another NBA player on his highschool team..

Didn't he play with Hawes?

Martell was/is a gifted shooter. He would have been better off playing a year or two of college. Always wanted him to take the next step.. showed promise at times.. just never was able to make that next jump.

I won't lie... Lin, Allan Houston, Carmelo, Amar'e, Chandler.

Who says no? Let's be real, dude is probably the best jumpshooter still on the market.
At least Douglas is gone, maybe Talison can find some new material now, lol.
He hasn't had new material since the last time Yankees won a title.

squicken

cash
expiring contracts
non guaranteed contracts
picks
-----
ASSETS

So far Orlando isn't getting a lottery pick. The pick for Lowry is ~8 give or take. This Orlando GM is an odd bird. You gotta figure this needs to be done before the 11th

Truphenom

I won't lie... Lin, Allan Houston, Carmelo, Amar'e, Chandler.

Who says no? Let's be real, dude is probably the best jumpshooter still on the market.

He hasn't had new material since the last time Yankees won a title.

Lol, well he can follow Toney and introduce himself to Morey the drunk wizard. Good riddance.

SamuraiX-

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Nets/Howard trade talks moving along but nothing happening tonight. Magic reviewing Lopez medical charts, which was taken as positive sign.
As reported elsewhere, Magic would get Lopez and four 1st-round picks (three from Nets) in proposed deal. Many moving parts, though.
Resolution should come quickly, with moratorium ending. Nets (and unsigned players) can't wait too long to get this done.

So hopefully only about 24-48 hours left of this shit.

Walsh

Banned
What is with all these teams going after players who hit their prime over a decade ago? Heat and Allen, Knicks and Camby....

squicken

when is this dwight thing expected to be over and done with?

Realistically by the 11th, which is when player can start signing. All teams involved will need to start filling out their rosters and can't be frozen while they try and finalize the deal

Why did Houston do this deal? NOTHING is better than Toney Douglas and a couple 2nd round draft picks...

b/c it also included a couple of non-guaranteed contracts which can be moved to Orlando while Houston takes back Hedo/JRich. Orlando then can immediately cut those guys. Knicks are also paying Douglas' salary

Why did Houston do this deal? NOTHING is better than Toney Douglas and a couple 2nd round draft picks...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39696956&postcount=17006

glen_grunwald--300x300.jpg

Grunwald The Wizard

Truphenom

Assests make him tingly. He needs to offer all the pics he's gotten and all those extra forwards for a Dwight rental. Idk what team he would prefer at the end of the year that could sign him outright.

Kogepan

Realistically by the 11th, which is when player can start signing. All teams involved will need to start filling out their rosters and can't be frozen while they try and finalize the deal

b/c it also included a couple of non-guaranteed contracts which can be moved to Orlando while Houston takes back Hedo/JRich. Orlando then can immediately cut those guys. Knicks are also paying Douglas' salary

Don't they get a trade exception if they dont get any salaries coming back the other way? Anyways, I dont get why Morey is going out of his way to do the Knicks a favor for two basically worthless 2nd round draft picks

Nelo Ice

Banned
So we have to hope Loez's medical charts are turrible and or hope that any of the 5 players that are going to be signed and traded refuse to sign.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't know how I feel about losing Josh. The Knicks always manage to get tilted the fuck over and lose that one extra decent player during every fucking trade. Ugh.

Camby is solid, but he's old. Building on a guy like Harrelson, improving his inside and outside game during this off-season would've been beneficial for the team as he showed tons of promise earlier in the last season.

I don't know how I feel about losing Josh. The Knicks always manage to get tilted the fuck over and lose that one extra decent player during every fucking trade. Ugh.

Camby is solid, but he's old. Building on a guy like Harrelson, improving his inside and outside game during this off-season would've been beneficial for the team as he showed tons of promise earlier in the last season.

yeah im gonna miss josh too. sucks he had that wrist injury for most of last season, and even then he showed some decent stuff. i wish they took gadzuric instead. maybe they want to flip him for someone else later? i dunno.

talisaynon's boy tony is gone. yes!
I KNOW RIGHT?

Knicks pretty much are in win now mode. He is a legit upgrade at backup C/PF over Harrelson and did rebound well last year.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Someone stop Orlando from doing this anyone! It's hilarious seeing Orlando wanting draft picks when it's entirely possible none of them will be turn out to be anything of value and thus be cut form the team. In a few years all Orlando will probably get nothing from this trade. Like literally who the hell are they gonna have left from this debacle?!

Bowser

As a Tar Heel, super proud to see Danny Green get $12m from the Spurs. He deserves it. Crazy to see that he's the second best player from the '09 title team (after Lawson), but in hindsight, it makes sense: he does a little bit of everything and does it well; the ultimate glue guy.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
blame that bitchassness bynum for not wanting to resign with the magic.

For some reason, I think there is more to this than just Bynum not wanting to resign.

Of course he'd resign. Dude wants money too much, and his best bet is to re-up ASAP before he gets hurt.. again.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Who will be the Knicks scapegoat now Toney is gone?

TD hasn't been a scapegoat all year, he hasn't played.

Melo became our savior.

But Stat sure as shit took a lot of crap from many fans, especially me.

I'd personally LOVE to see Stat get traded away, I hate him, his attitude, and how he plays. He has NO game left in him.

Edit: Time for a new avatar. I'll miss you, Jorts. :(

For some reason, I think there is more to this than just Bynum not wanting to resign.

Of course he'd resign. Dude wants money too much, and his best bet is to re-up ASAP before he gets hurt.. again.
im open to any interpretation on why he wouldn't reup.
any theory where the blame is squarely on him, im down with.

Lakers fandom, you guys know you're going to have to deal with a sulking Bynum for an entire season unless Nash can get him involved enough to turn the corner.

Please. The sulking one plays for the other LA team that squats at Staples.

And I guess that's the other reason to be pumped, contract year Bynum.

Fairly sure he'll only hoist 1-2 threes this year.

Truphenom

Melo became our savior.

I'd personally LOVE to see Stat get traded away, I hate him, his attitude, and how he plays. He has NO game left in him.

His contract is poison : (

3 more years though.

Melo became our savior.

I'd rather hope Stat can rebound and get back to his 2011 form. He just needs to be in shape, and have that jumper fall again. If that J is falling, he'll get back to that All-Star level again. Plus, any trade is gonna result in crap results like the Dwightmare...no one is going to give you anything even quasi-decent. Let's just hope that constant competent pick and roll play from a healthy Lin and Kidd get him going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom