• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
this one?

204QP.jpg

Oh look. She wears make-up.

And lots of it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
What's a better deal for Orlando then? They can't bank on Bynum resigning there. Even if he does, he has serious character and maturity issues.

The Rockets are willing to throw everything and the kitchen sink. And again Orlando can give an extra 25 million reasons for Bynum to stay. Worst case he doesn't resign but at least you're not stuck with scrubs and paying 58 million to Brook Lopez and getting a crapshoot of picks. Really the players the Magic are getting from their haul won't even be with the team and Lopez is just going to be an expiring contract.

What's a better deal for Orlando then? They can't bank on Bynum resigning there. Even if he does, he has serious character and maturity issues.

Let Howard walk and get cap space, but since 95% of nba front offices are shitty and incompetent, they wouldn't have the balls to do that and deal with the backlash from uninformed fans, so they'd rather trot out a crappy center who is about as fast as my grandmother and give him a max contract and say "Hey he's 7 feet tall! See we got something for Dwight!"

The Rockets are willing to throw everything and the kitchen sink. And again Orlando can give an extra 25 million reasons for Bynum to stay. Worst case he doesn't resign but at least you're not stuck with scrubs and paying 58 million to Brook Lopez and getting a crapshoot of picks. Really the players the Magic are getting from their haul won't even be with the team and Lopez is just going to be an expiring contract.

Isn't that their plan though? They don't want to contend. They want picks, expiring contracts, and they want to shed salary. I think people are wanting them to try to contend, but it's obvious that their front office wants a complete tear down. So why is the Nets/Cavs/Magic deal a bad one again?

Ninja, I proposed keeping him and letting him walk multiple times in this thread and I was ridiculed for it. People said I didn't understand how businesses work.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Isn't that their plan though? They don't want to contend. They want picks, expiring contracts, and they want to shed salary. I think people are wanting them to try to contend, but it's obvious that their front office wants a complete tear down. So why is the Nets/Cavs/Magic deal a bad one again?

Ninja, I proposed keeping him and letting him walk multiple times in this thread and I was ridiculed for it. People said I didn't understand how businesses work.

They could get Bynum and if he walks it accomplishes the same thing as letting Howard walk. If you agree with letting Howard walk then getting Bynum should be a no brainer. At least they get the 2nd best Center in the league have a shot at resigning him or he walks away they free up more salary and are free to do what they want. If the front office wants a complete tear down then how in the world is making your team full dogshit and a bloated contracted going to help? Nothing from the Nets trade is going to help Orlando now or in the future.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
They could get Bynum and if he walks it accomplishes the same thing as letting Howard walk. if you agree with letting Howard walk then what getting Bynum should be a no brainer. If the front office wants a complete tear down then how in the world is making your team full dogshit and a bloated contracted going to help? Nothing from the Nets trade is going to help Orlando now or in the future.

I said it before, they must just not want Bynum.

On all fronts it's the better deal than Lopez on the surface. Yet you aren't hearing anything of it, to me that screams Orlando doesn't want Bynum.

They need a center though, as Big Baby isn't gonna play that role.

On all fronts it's the better deal than Lopez on the surface. Yet you aren't hearing anything of it, to me that screams Orlando doesn't want Bynum.

By all accounts they want Bynum more than anything else, the problem could be one of two things 1) Jim Buss hesitant to give Bynum up because he's an idiot or 2) Bynum not wanting to commit to an extension now is scaring the Magic.

Nelo Ice

Banned

All reports have pretty much stated they by and large prefer Bynum. The main sticking point is they are worried he won't sign an extension. So again why wouldn't they want Bynum or hell the Rockets offer when in all logical sense they're by far better than the shit Brooklyn is offering. Hell if they want a center then get some scrub from FA, anything is better than having Brook Lopez eating up your cap and getting a payday of $58 million.

bjb

Banned
lol @ all the salt from laker fans over Dwight. He's going to end up in Brooklyn one way or another. Either through this trade or after next season. Just let it go already. He does -not- want to play for an aging team destined to be humiliated in the playoffs (again).

lol @ all the salt from laker fans over Dwight. He's going to end up in Brooklyn one way or another. Either through this trade or after next season. Just let it go already. He does -not- want to play for an aging team destined to be humiliated in the playoffs (again).

He can't go after the season. But good job showing you're uninformed! How many more drive-by posts before you go away?

For the MLE?

bjb

Banned
Right because if they couldn't get a deal done now, god forbid they wouldn't try anything during this season or after it's over.

Pimpwerx

The only way the Lakers are a better deal for Orlando is if they can dump Hedo's salary and not have to take back MWP. I thought they were gonna package Ryno for that reason. Try to get Bynum+Pau. Lakers upgrade at C and downgrade at PF, and vice-versa for the Magic. It allows the Magic to remain in win-now mode. Dwight for Bynum+scrub alone doesn't make them a contender, and Bynum walks at the end of the year anyway.

The Nets deal is better IMO, because they're gonna get better picks than what LA can offer, and apparently more picks too. They get a center that they can be a good #2 option. They will have more cap flexibility to lure a top FA next year, like CP3, and a gang of picks to either trade around for a supporting cast, or draft good role players.

I think they'd rather take a chance landing a big name with max cap room than being saddled with big contracts on players that might not stick around. PEACE.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The only way the Lakers are a better deal for Orlando is if they can dump Hedo's salary and not have to take back MWP. I thought they were gonna package Ryno for that reason. Try to get Bynum+Pau. Lakers upgrade at C and downgrade at PF, and vice-versa for the Magic. It allows the Magic to remain in win-now mode. Dwight for Bynum+scrub alone doesn't make them a contender, and Bynum walks at the end of the year anyway.

The Nets deal is better IMO, because they're gonna get better picks than what LA can offer, and apparently more picks too. They get a center that they can be a good #2 option. They will have more cap flexibility to lure a top FA next year, like CP3, and a gang of picks to either trade around for a supporting cast, or draft good role players.

I think they'd rather take a chance landing a big name with max cap room than being saddled with big contracts on players that might not stick around. PEACE.

I'm sure CP3 is salivating to play with a max contract Brook Lopez :lol. All that wonderful cap flexibility with Brook Lope'z alabatross of a contract is surely going to help. And again do you not realize how worthless late 20s first rounders are with a guaranteed salary?! There's a reason winning teams routinely trade or sell them like candy.

edit: Also the whole point isn't to make them a contender. Bynum trade for one straight up works as a 1 for one swap. At the very least if Bynum is healthy and gives a fuck he gives you a guy the franchise can build around and lure other free agents. Otherwise at least if he walks they just start over again without having to pay that ridiculous contract for Lopez and be saddled with likely scrubs from late draft picks.

With the complete lack of quality centers in this league, who exactly do the Blazers think they can acquire through a trade that we could get equal value for?

I mean seriously? Just rotate Leonard with Old Man Thomas, and when needed put Aldridge in the 5 with JJ at the 4.

Lilliard, Mathews, Batum, JJ, LA.

It's not a solid 5. It's not even a solid 2. It's really just LA.. but fuck it.. what are we gonna give up to get someone?

Only guy we have who has trade value is LA.. and Elliot Williams?

Yeah. Go with my Leonard/Thomas rotation.

Man.. my team sucks.

To think what it could have been.. Miller/Roy/Batum/LA/Oden

Hickson is pretty terrible and didn't even get his QO picked up by the Blazers.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I'm sure CP3 is salivating to play with a max contract Brook Lopez :lol. All that wonderful cap flexibility with Brook Lope'z alabatross of a contract is surely going to help. And again do you not realize how worthless late 20s first rounders are with a guaranteed salary?! There's a reason winning teams routinely trade or sell them like candy.

Well, winning teams don't usually have room on the bench for those picks. Not that you can't find quality in the 20's. Bad teams tend to have room on the end of the bench.

bjb

Banned
They could probably get him for the vet minimum.

I certainly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to shed a bunch of contracts in hopes of getting him. Assuming Orlando is dumb enough to just say fuck it and let him play out the season. I mean, Wallace's contract is a disaster - that's probably the most complicated.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well, winning teams don't usually have room on the bench for those picks. Not that you can't find quality in the 20's. Bad teams tend to have room on the end of the bench.

Is that really worth trading the best Center in the league for? Bench players? Overpaying a scrub like Lopez? O and not to mention letting a team in your own conference steamroll everyone but the Heat?

Pimpwerx

The point being, it's better than what LAL is offering. Despite all the butthurt from LakersAge, it's still a choice between douchebag and turd sandwich. Turd Sandwich is just a little bit better than Douchebag. It's not like the Lakers are giving them a bunch of good picks either, and the center ORL will get in that trade will almost-certainly walk.

At least with cap space, there's a chance they can lure someone there. They'll have max cap room, I believe. PEACE.

I certainly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to shed a bunch of contracts in hopes of getting him. I mean, Wallace's contract is a disaster - that's probably the most complicated.

Deron and Iso alone make it impossible for the Nets to offer Dwight a max.

Let Howard walk and get cap space, but since 95% of nba front offices are shitty and incompetent, they wouldn't have the balls to do that and deal with the backlash from uninformed fans, so they'd rather trot out a crappy center who is about as fast as my grandmother and give him a max contract and say "Hey he's 7 feet tall! See we got something for Dwight!"

Because 95% of GMs' real job isn't winning titles, it's selling corporate season ticket packages. Nothing gets a GM fired faster than having season ticket sales fall off hard. It's tough to sell corporate types on "spend $100k on seasons tickets to come watch cap space!" Brook Lopezes are the preferable option most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom