• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
As a Tar Heel, super proud to see Danny Green get $12m from the Spurs. He deserves it. Crazy to see that he's the second best player from the '09 title team (after Lawson), but in hindsight, it makes sense: he does a little bit of everything and does it well; the ultimate glue guy.

his handles suck. but no is perfect

He's got Dejuan Blair knees? What happened to them that makes them so bad? The kid was a projected lottery pick this time in 2011, and is now not even going to finish a presidential cycle in the league?

Blackace

Didn't he play with Hawes?

Martell was/is a gifted shooter. He would have been better off playing a year or two of college. Always wanted him to take the next step.. showed promise at times.. just never was able to make that next jump.

and both were first round draft picks.. Hawes was a 7 footer in high school.. and you can't win state?

Blackace

yeah but when you drop $20 mil on a player, you dont expect him to be so atrocious in the playoffs.

shit happens.. He had 2010-2011 he had a good playoff run.. he was getting paid 20m then too... and the 2007 series where he balled on the Celtics was an epic effort..

He has had 2 really bad playoff runs but the other years have been pretty good.

he isn't a max player, but he is not a waste of cap..

Blackace

Lewis was an instrumental part of a finals team and is the best power forward in Sonics history

We all know Shawn Kemp will have his double wide jeresy swinging from the Magic (and the Heat) rafters soon.. dont be mad because you can't keep Ryno...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can they seriously predict these things?

And there's nothing PJIII can do about it? Even if he takes all the available preventive measures?

sure they can

paul's knees were set to go and they went right on schedule

Blackace

sure they can

paul's knees were set to go and they went right on schedule

They really can't.. I am sure his knees will get worse and worse every year.. but really it is rare for them to nail the time that they go bad..

Not sure if anyone pointed this out, Sources said that Bulls may match for Asik, if they don't then they are after Courtney Lee. Asik is too much to "match" whatever he is getting paid.(8mil or so). Courtney Lee would be a nice pickup for the Bulls I have to say.

SamuraiX-

Some excerpts from T-Rob and Jimmerette Kings Mini Camp interviews:

Thomas Robinson

What was the tone you wanted to set for yourself and with your teammates today?

“That we need to be the aggressors. We need to be the ones attacking at all times.”

Hopefully that means he can help out with this team's complacency issues whenever we get a lead anytime during the game.

Jimmer Fredette

What have you been working on since the 2011-12 season ended?

“A lot of things – floaters, coming off of screen-and-rolls, getting my hands up on defense, lateral quickness and things like that.”

I want to believe...

pilonv1

Jason Quick ‏@jwquick

So Blazers will go trade route to get center who can start, but who doesn't need to hog all of the developmental playing time of M. Leonard

reilo I have a slightly used Andris Biedrins if you're interested

I like that deal for Orlando. Like it or not, but Lopez is one of the better centers in the league. And four first round picks? Not bad. They can finally rebuild.

Cleveland is definitely, definitely making the playoffs next season. They're going to be a strong team for years to come.

I like that deal for Orlando. Like it or not, but Lopez is one of the better centers in the league. And four first round picks? Not bad. They can finally rebuild.

Cleveland is definitely, definitely making the playoffs next season. They're going to be a strong team for years to come.

KCVbu.gif

I am a Cavaliers fan and the playoffs are a long shot. Dion Waiters has to turn out right and hopefully Tristan Thompson's game excels (Maybe average 10 and 10). Also Tyler Zeller will need to crash the boards and move without the ball to be set up by Kyrie. I am liking the new undrafted player Kevin Jones. Our starting lineup looks like:

Pg: Kyrie Irving
Sg: Dion Waiters
Sf: Alonzo Gee
Pf: Tristan Thompson
C: Anderson Varejao

Bench:
Tyler Zeller
Possibly Kris Humphries
Kevin Jones
Daniel Gibson
Omri Casspi
Scrubs

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
With the complete lack of quality centers in this league, who exactly do the Blazers think they can acquire through a trade that we could get equal value for?

I mean seriously? Just rotate Leonard with Old Man Thomas, and when needed put Aldridge in the 5 with JJ at the 4.

Lilliard, Mathews, Batum, JJ, LA.

It's not a solid 5. It's not even a solid 2. It's really just LA.. but fuck it.. what are we gonna give up to get someone?

Only guy we have who has trade value is LA.. and Elliot Williams?

Yeah. Go with my Leonard/Thomas rotation.

Man.. my team sucks.

To think what it could have been.. Miller/Roy/Batum/LA/Oden

RBH

Those 4 first round picks will most likely be in the 20's, so they're not that great.

You could actually argue that late first round picks are worse than early second round picks due to the guaranteed salary.

I am a Cavaliers fan and the playoffs are a long shot. Dion Waiters has to turn out right and hopefully Tristan Thompson's game excels (Maybe average 10 and 10). Also Tyler Zeller will need to crash the boards and move without the ball to be set up by Kyrie. I am liking the new undrafted player Kevin Jones. Our starting lineup looks like:

Pg: Kyrie Irving
Sg: Dion Waiters
Sf: Alonzo Gee
Pf: Tristan Thompson
C: Anderson Varejao

Bench:
Tyler Zeller
Possibly Kris Humphries
Kevin Jones
Daniel Gibson
Omri Casspi
Scrubs

That's a playoff team in the East.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Those 4 first round picks will most likely be in the 20's, so they're not that great.

You could actually argue that late first round picks are worse than early second round picks due to the guaranteed salary.

Naw man those 1st round picks are super valuable. You never know who you might get in the 20's! You gotta take that even though all 4 in all likelihood will amount to bench players or nothing! For a rebuilding team in Orlando you gotta take that chance and get a high character guy in Lopez who will help smooth the tanking rebuilding phase for 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom