• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The point being, it's better than what LAL is offering. Despite all the butthurt from LakersAge, it's still a choice between douchebag and turd sandwich. Turd Sandwich is just a little bit better than Douchebag. It's not like the Lakers are giving them a bunch of good picks either, and the center ORL will get in that trade will almost-certainly walk.

At least with cap space, there's a chance they can lure someone there. They'll have max cap room, I believe. PEACE.

Can you explain to me how it's a better trade than what LAL is offering or even Houston? Also how did you convince yourself Orlando will have MAX cap room when they're going to be paying a guy MAX money? Salary caps how do they work?

KingKong

oh my god Ron Ron

Fatyu.jpg

Because 95% of GMs' real job isn't winning titles, it's selling corporate season ticket packages. Nothing gets a GM fired faster than having season ticket sales fall off hard. It's tough to sell corporate types on "spend $100k on seasons tickets to come watch cap space!" Brook Lopezes are the preferable option most of the time.

People will be coming out to watch Brook Lopez?

I certainly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to shed a bunch of contracts in hopes of getting him. Assuming Orlando is dumb enough to just say fuck it and let him play out the season. I mean, Wallace's contract is a disaster - that's probably the most complicated.

They can't shed contracts without taking more back. It is impossible for Dwight to go to Brooklyn for anything but $3 mil per season after this offseason. If he's not traded there this season, then he can't go there for anything more, by the rules.

I certainly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to shed a bunch of contracts in hopes of getting him. Assuming Orlando is dumb enough to just say fuck it and let him play out the season. I mean, Wallace's contract is a disaster - that's probably the most complicated.

It's out of the realm of possibility. There is now way they are getting out from the Deron, JJ and Wallace contracts in a year, and those alone make it impossible to sign Dwight outright.

I don't think you understand how the cap works. At all.

Because 95% of GMs' real job isn't winning titles, it's selling corporate season ticket packages. Nothing gets a GM fired faster than having season ticket sales fall off hard. It's tough to sell corporate types on "spend $100k on seasons tickets to come watch cap space!" Brook Lopezes are the preferable option most of the time.

Didn't their GM just let Ryan Anderson walk? The most improved player of the year and a fan favorite? I think it's pretty obvious that this GM is going to get fired either way so he may as well have some balls.

Hey guys after the season the Lakers can just shed Kobe, Pau, MWP and Blake's contracts too! I'm sure it's not complicated, they have a whole year to figure it out! DWIGHT TIME!

The Magic will be terrible with or without Brook Lopez so they can just tank and hope Zeller or Bazz or someone else generates the excitement for them. Magic fans will just totally despise Bropez and want to watch the team less if they get him.

Nelo Ice

Banned
What going on in here? People actually think this is an okay deal for Dwight?

Yep because Brook Lopez is a high character guy with a max contract that will give Orlando max cap space and will help smooth out the rebuilding process. O and getting garbage and late first rounders only sweetens the deal. How could Orlando refuse that?

h3ro

Camby!? I'm ok with this. Contract isn't bad when the third being an option is factored in.

I will miss Jorts though. Kid hustled and looked like he gave a damn. Hot damn do we need a 2 Guard though, wonder how quickly JR gets taken care of.

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Assistant coach Quin Snyder will leave the Lakers to take same position w/ CSKA Moscow. Laker players liked him. I hope he has a fur parka.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank god Coach Kobe and Coach Nash will be there.

Lost our 80s evil villain dude. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What going on in here? People actually think this is an okay deal for Dwight?

I think at most we have two people here (clearly smoking some bad shit) thinking it's a good deal.

thekad

Banned
Dwight will sign a three year MLE deal with the Nets with a promise from Prokhorov of a max contract once the three years are up and a harem of Russian girls.

bjb

Banned
As someone said earlier, I don't really see the point in making the Brooklyn deal (per Orlando's sake) except to get something instead of nothing. Lopez and likely a bunch of mid-to-late round draft picks isn't all that appealing. The growing sentiment here in Orlando is not wanting the magic to cave-into his wishes, as he's practically held the entire franchise hostage.

That being said, assuming they'd actually let him walk (which they won't) I find it hard to believe (complications aside) Brooklyn wouldn't exercise every possible avenue to get relief by getting rid of Wallace and/or Joe Johnson at some point. Building exclusively around Deron and Dwight.

lol, touche.

As someone said earlier, I don't really see the point in making the Brooklyn deal (per Orlando's sake) except to get something instead of nothing. Lopez and likely a bunch of mid-to-late round draft picks isn't all that appealing. The growing sentiment here in Orlando is not wanting the magic to cave-into his wishes, as he's practically held the entire franchise hostage.

That being said, assuming they'd actually let him walk (which they won't) I find it hard to believe (complications aside) Brooklyn wouldn't exercise every possible avenue to get relief by getting rid of Wallace and/or Joe Johnson at some point. Building exclusively around Deron and Dwight.

There is no option. They'd have to unload more money than is allowed. They cannot get Dwight. It's impossible. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Yep because Brook Lopez is a high character guy with a max contract that will give Orlando max cap space and will help smooth out the rebuilding process. O and getting garbage and late first rounders only sweetens the deal. How could Orlando refuse that?

Salt and copious amounts of it. Even if they traded for Bynum, they have a garbage team. They're not going to be contenders or even a playoff team with Bynum. It is a complete gamble that he would resign there. Even if he would resign with Orlando, he has serious attitude and character problems. This is all a fact. Every deal they're going to get for Dwight is going to be garbage. I don't see how helping the Lakers win another title is high on their priority list. They have a better chance of tanking with Lopez than they do with Bynum. That is their plan. Besides, he wants to play for the Nets. He wants to be the alpha player on a team. Good luck being that type of player with Kobe as your teammate. Get over it.

The fact that this trade is even a possibility blows my mind. Even if this move is to tank being bad doesn't guarantee a good player. New Orleans is the exception not the rule. And they got Eric Gordon and a lottery pick for their superstar, not Brook Lopez and Luke FUCKING Walton. They're not even getting Marshon in this deal.

Salt and copious amounts of it. Even if they traded for Bynum, they have a garbage team. They're not going to be contenders or even a playoff team with Bynum. It is a complete gamble that he would resign there. Even if he would resign with Orlando, he has serious attitude and character problems. This is all a fact. Every deal they're going to get for Dwight is going to be garbage. I don't see how helping the Lakers win another title is high on their priority list. They have a better chance of tanking with Lopez than they do with Bynum. That is their plan. Besides, he wants to play for the Nets. He wants to be the alpha player on a team. Good luck being that type of player with Kobe as your teammate. Get over it.

Why not trade him to Houston for better draft picks? or Dallas?

Lopez at max cripples them.

Bynum will have trade value next year, Lopez will not.

Nelo Ice

Banned

You do realize not just Laker fans are finding how stupid Orlando woud be to take this trade right? Houston is also a better option. The reason Bynum is talked about so much is the Lakers are one of only 2 teams ballsy enough to trade for Dwight without assurance he'll resign.

I hope this Brooklyn/Orlando deal is bullshit. Even the dumbest GM in the NBA wouldn't trade Dwight for Brook Lopez.......

Don't give into Howard's demands.......At worst trade with Houston and get all those picks/young talent........

Cuban is not going to go after Dwight on the prayer that he will resign there. The only reason why Houston is thinking about trading for him is because their front office is composed of morons.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Clearly ThisWreckage hates Houston like Dwight, which is why he's ignoring the best option for Orlando.

"The only reason why Houston is thinking about trading for him is because their front office is composed of morons. "

WTF does that have to do with the Magic GM being dumb? Take advantage of Morey and Les.

Cuban is not going to go after Dwight on the prayer that he will resign there. The only reason why Houston is thinking about trading for him is because their front office is composed of morons.

Except all reports have said Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta have all talked and made some kind of offer.

Nelo Ice

Banned

And uhh tell us how their offer or ours isn't better than the complete garbage Orlando is getting? In the current scenario the only team that wins out in the trade is Brooklyn. Also Houston is willing to throw anyone and anything at Orlando to get Dwight. That along gives Orlando prime leverage to pick whatever the hell they want rather than Booklyn giving up anything but their starters.

Except all reports have said Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta have all talked and made some kind of offer.
I think RBH posted an article earlier saying the ATL offer is off the table since they want to get reassurance Dwight will stay rather than give up any of their tradeable pieces.

We got a lottery pick for Kyle Lowry. But we're the morons. I think it's dumb it took us this long to tank but were better off than the Magic.

I don't pay attention to reports period. The information being spewed in sports media is an outright lie, at worst. It's hyperbolic and twisted, at best. Dallas had nothing to offer Orlando. Use your head.

Apparently, they are worse offers than what they're seeing from the Nets.

If you're an idiot, perhaps. Lopez at max is worse than letting Dwight walk...

I don't pay attention to reports period. The information being spewed in sports media is an outright lie, at worst. It's hyperbolic and twisted, at best.

So then the proposed Nets deal is also not to be taken as anywhere near true. right?

Pimpwerx

Can you explain to me how it's a better trade than what LAL is offering or even Houston? Also how did you convince yourself Orlando will have MAX cap room when they're going to be paying a guy MAX money? Salary caps how do they work?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm
If the trade ships Dwight and JRich, that should give them a starting point of:

Hedo: 12.2
Baby: 6.4
Dudu: 3.9
QRich: 2.8

Total: $25.3M

They're bringing on Brook's max, Luke's expiring and 3 filler contracts. I think he's eligible for 5/$78M, so that's less than $16M added on. That beings their payroll to $41M, ignoring the filler contracts they sign, Jameer and the draft picks they sign (as well as cap holds). However, I don't think it's outrageous to think they'll have cap space to sign another max player. They can also try buying out Hedo and/or Q to try and free any extra cap space needed.

Brook is a good #2 option, and if you add a good #1, they're gonna be in better shape long-term. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom