• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
The Bulls are stuck in the worst possible scenario. Massive contracts on overpaid players, all of whom are injury prone. They're not bad enough to tank, but they can't compete with Heat and now Nets.

The Lakers have a FO that can actually manuveur around these things. You see, I used to think that the league was rigged to help the Lakers, and that's why they got all these players in steal trades. I now know, however, that that isn't the case. There are just just dumb teams and cheap teams that you can take advantage of. The Lakers just take advantage, but they don't cheat. They make the smart moves, collect the right pieces. They don't need to be gifted a #1 pick to pull them out of perpetual mediocrity like the Bulls needed.

But... You've seen your franchise have maybe the GOAT and multiple championships on ships- how do you turn your back on that?

I'm just gonna go w/ trolling and go to bed, I wanna see that Boozer avy in the morning.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fuck dwight rumors

I'm just gonna keep saying this until they go away

I think I might end up hating on Dwight more than Lebron/Wade and Bosh after this is all said and done.

*I can't believe I just typed that out

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But... You've seen your franchise have maybe the GOAT and multiple championships on ships- how do you turn your back on that?

I'm just gonna go w/ trolling and go to bed, I wanna see that Boozer avy in the morning.
I didn't see much of it. I didn't arrive in the US until 1996, and I lived in Cali then, and moved to Chicago in 1997. I saw one championship, then perpetual mediocrity for more than a decade. I watched every season, went to games, bought jerseys. They said KG was coming, he never did, T-Mac was coming, he never did, Tim Duncan was at one point rumored, he never came, Kobe was rumored, but he never came, Bosh & Amar'e (back when he was good), but they never came, LeBron, D-Wade, but they never came. The only one who bothered to show up was Boozer (God bless him).

I've said it before. I wouldn't mind if they tried, or put forth a real effort. If they made competent moves, but it just didn't work out, then OK, I'd be fine with that, but they don't. You're in a major fucking market, with the third most championships in the league. You have a young star that isn't selfish and doesn't clog up the spotlight. You have a dedicated fanbase that has made you number one in attendance and made you the most profitable team over the past decade, and you still can't get a real number two option? You're still cheap, you're still timid in trades? You still overvalue "hustle and defense"? That's sucker talk, and I'm sick of being a sucker!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
but I dont recall Chris Paul being as clutch as Kyrie Irving was. Irving was top 5 in 4th Q scoring for awhile...

Paul was very strong in the 4th his rookie year.. Irving for sure has killer instinct in the 4th tho..

SamuraiX-

Schedule Finalized For 2012 Olympic Men’s Basketball Competition

Joining the USA, Argentina, France and Tunisia in Preliminary Round Pool A will be Lithuania and Nigeria; while Russia will compete in Pool B with Australia, Brazil, China, Great Britain and Spain.
The USA opens its Olympic competition against France at 2:30 p.m. (all times are local, London is +5 hours from EDT) on July 29, followed by Tunisia at 10:15 p.m. on July 31 and Nigeria at 10:15 p.m. on Aug. 2. The USA then faces Lithuania at 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 4 before wrapping up preliminary round play against Argentina at 10:15 p.m. on Aug. 6.

The top four teams from each Olympic preliminary round group will advance to the Aug. 8 quarterfinals, with the winners playing in the semifinals on Aug. 10 and the medal games on Aug. 12.

Pool A: USA, Argentina, France, Tunisia, Lithuania, Nigeria
Pool B: Russia, Australia, Brazil, China, Great Britain, Spain

I'm not sure how balanced that is. Tunisia and Nigeria will be the pushovers of the tournament, I'm pretty sure.

So the Olympics Quarterfinals schedule in US time:
USA vs. France -- Sunday, July 29th @ 7:30 PM EST / 10:30 PM PST
USA vs. Tunisia -- Tuesday, July 31st @ 3:15 AM EST / 6:15 AM PST
USA vs. Nigeria -- Thursday, Aug 2nd @ 3:15 AM EST / 6:15 AM PST
USA vs. Lithuania -- Saturday, Aug 4th @ 7:30 PM EST / 10:30 PM PST
USA vs. Argentina -- Monday, Aug 6th @ 3:15 AM EST / 6:15 AM PST

:|

Edit: Wait, did I get that right? The article says all times are local... Does that mean London local or US local? lol because I just realized that means they would be playing a game at 10:30 PM London local time... I think I may have fucked that, so probably ignore it. haha

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He had a better rookie season than all the best PG's in the nba right now, but look where he is now. Normally your stats should go up, but every year they are sinking.

to be honest... he has been really mishandled imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom