• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Didn't take over like Kyrie did!

are you kidding? shot almost exactly the same from the field scored more points, had more ast.. but yeah Kyrie took over games in a way that Evans couldn't fathom.. #yolo

etiolate

Banned
in a league where they call YNB a PG...

John Wall is the ultimate example of how different the NBA and pickup games are

YNB can at least use a pick and run a bit of pick n roll. Have you seen Tyreke try to use a pick? It's like "WHY ARE THERE MORE PEOPLE IN MY WAY???"

Even Derek Fisher could run a pick n roll early in his career.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/insider-rockets-making-a-play-howard-howard/

"On Monday afternoon, it seemed like a potential three or four team deal sending Dwight Howard to Brooklyn was inevitable.

However, the deal never really made a lot of sense for the Magic. They’d simply be taking back late first round picks, a bunch of one-year contracts and a center who is coming off a major foot injury in Brook Lopez.

Despite those problems and all of the complications in the potential trade, the Nets remained the clear favorite to land Howard.

Over the past few hours, things may have changed.

According to Alex Kennedy of Hoops World, the Cleveland Cavaliers are “having second thoughts” and “may back out” of the deal.

Just a few hours ago, Adrian Wojnarowski reported the Rockets were still trying to “entice the Orlando Magic to engage in talks.”

Early Tuesday morning, Sports Talk Florida learned the Houston Rockets are making a “hard push” to land Howard.

On Monday, the Rockets dealt Marcus Camby to the New York Knicks in a sign-and-trade, acquiring Toney Douglas, who has an expiring contract and Josh Harrellson, who has an unguaranteed deal this season. Jerome Jordan, who was also acquired by the Rockets, has the same deal as Harrellson. Unfortunately for the Magic, the Rockets have already dealt point guard Kyle Lowry, who has one of, if not, the best non-rookie contract in basketball, but they still have their three first round picks from this year in Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones. They have all stockpiled future draft picks and have the expiring contract of guard Kevin Martin.

They have the tools to make an enticing offer if they wish. How much they’re willing to give up for a rental is clearly the key question.

The Nets should still be considered the favorites, but it’s obviously far from the lock it appeared to be Monday."

(Andrew Melnick is the ESPNFlorida.com Magic and NBA Insider)

Man I really hope this is over in the next couple of days.

Jarrod Rudolph: Minnesota and Charlotte said to be the teams willing to facilitate trade Nets-Magic trade if Cleveland or Clippers back out, sources said. about 40 minutes ago
shame on you cleveland, clippers, minny and charlotte.
just smh.

"On Monday afternoon, it seemed like a potential three or four team deal sending Dwight Howard to Brooklyn was inevitable.

However, the deal never really made a lot of sense for the Magic. They’d simply be taking back late first round picks, a bunch of one-year contracts and a center who is coming off a major foot injury in Brook Lopez.

Despite those problems and all of the complications in the potential trade, the Nets remained the clear favorite to land Howard.

According to Alex Kennedy of Hoops World, the Cleveland Cavaliers are “having second thoughts” and “may back out” of the deal.

Just a few hours ago, Adrian Wojnarowski reported the Rockets were still trying to “entice the Orlando Magic to engage in talks.”

Early Tuesday morning, Sports Talk Florida learned the Houston Rockets are making a “hard push” to land Howard.

On Monday, the Rockets dealt Marcus Camby to the New York Knicks in a sign-and-trade, acquiring Toney Douglas, who has an expiring contract and Josh Harrellson, who has an unguaranteed deal this season. Jerome Jordan, who was also acquired by the Rockets, has the same deal as Harrellson. Unfortunately for the Magic, the Rockets have already dealt point guard Kyle Lowry, who has one of, if not, the best non-rookie contract in basketball, but they still have their three first round picks from this year in Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones. They have all stockpiled future draft picks and have the expiring contract of guard Kevin Martin.

They have the tools to make an enticing offer if they wish. How much they’re willing to give up for a rental is clearly the key question.

The Nets should still be considered the favorites, but it’s obviously far from the lock it appeared to be Monday."

Man I really hope this over in the next couple of days.

Guess he missed the part about CHA and Minny stepping up to fill CLE's spot.

Kogepan

Man I really hope this over in the next couple of days.

Still doesn't make any sense for the Rockets. Say they package enough of those assets to get Howard/Turk or Howard/Jrich...so what? They won't have a chance in hell of any success this year with Howard and the scraps that are left over from the trade. They would be better off tanking for the next couple years and adding a couple high draft choices to the young guys they already have and letting Martin walk next year.

SamuraiX-

Wow, so with Minny and Charlotte as willing participants, it's pretty much guaranteed that the deal will go through one way or another, huh?

The only snag I see is Humphries, but I think he'll be too weak minded in the end to hold up a blockbuster deal like this. I can only assume Charlotte would be more than willing to take everything that Cleveland was getting + 4 years of Mr. Kardashian with no problem, which makes things a lot easier.

Mxrz

I don't buy any of this shit until it happens. Too many conflicting reports, too much bullshit. Hennigan trades him to the Nets, then he deserves every boo that gets fired his way, along with any other GM that helps out.

I don't buy any of this shit until it happens. Too many conflicting reports, too much bullshit. Hennigan trades him to the Nets, then he deserves every boo that gets fired his way, along with any other GM that helps out.

Hennigan is just cleaning up the mess that the past regime created by not trading Dwight last year. Could've had a top 5 pick, instead they're dealing with Dwight drama again.

thekad

Banned
Wall has better court vision than Rose. If he ever learns to shoot, he'll be a top 5 PG easily.

That many turnovers in his second year is scary though.

I don't see that many conflicting reports at all.

DCX

DCX
JR Smith is locked up. 2 years 2.8 with the second year a player option. What else do we have left? Vet mins?

DCX

Bowser

Wow, so with Minny and Charlotte as willing participants, it's pretty much guaranteed that the deal will go through one way or another, huh?

The only snag I see is Humphries, but I think he'll be too weak minded in the end to hold up a blockbuster deal like this. I can only assume Charlotte would be more than willing to take everything that Cleveland was getting + 4 years of Mr. Kardashian with no problem, which makes things a lot easier.

lolno

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell
I'm told the #Bobcats would be interested in Humphries if he signs a 1-year deal (vs. 4 years) Wouldn't have the same interest in Brooks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
If we agree to Hump getting anything more than a year we need additional compensation, it's a bad deal otherwise.

To be fair hump would be their best or second best player so if they can get him for like 4 years 32 mill along with any cash or picks it would be a good deal unless they get a pf in the top three picks in the next couple drafts.

To be fair hump would be their best or second best player so if they can get him for like 4 years 32 mill along with any cash or picks it would be a good deal unless they get a pf in the top three picks in the next couple drafts.

Yep, that's the plan. Regardless of whether we bring Hump on or not we won't be good enough to compete, and signing him to a 4 year deal doesn't make sense when we still have Tyrus Thomas on the roster. A short-term deal would be best for us.

benjipwns

Banned
In an appearance on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Ric Bucher said that the status of the proposed four-team trade for Dwight Howard is "shaky."

"They're having a hard time getting that third team to commit," Bucher said, adding that Cleveland and Charlotte know "how badly Orlando and Brooklyn want to get this done" and are looking to get more out of the deal.

Bucher puts the likelihood of a deal at 60/40, down from 80/20 in the last couple of days. "We're going the wrong direction right now," he said.

ToxicAdam

The only way the deal makes sense for the Cavs, if they can get a one year deal on Hump and then flip him at the deadline for another pick. Then you are talking about extracting some real value out of the trade.

But with other teams joining this parade, it could drive up the cost, making it less and less likely to be worth the bother.

Owzers

i don't get why everyone wants Humphries with a one year deal, he's a solid player in a free agency where everyone is getting paid.

Bowser

i don't get why everyone wants Humphries with a one year deal, he's a solid player in a free agency where everyone is getting paid.

He put up numbers playing on a shit team beside a 7 fter that doesn't rebound.

Now, I'm not saying he won't do the same on the Bobcats, just that it makes no sense to pay a guy $8m/year for 4 years because he can put up empty numbers when he's on a shit team. He's a solid rotation guy, but I wouldn't call him a starter for a contending team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom