• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i don't get why everyone wants Humphries with a one year deal, he's a solid player in a free agency where everyone is getting paid.

Well for one Humphries would be crazy to sign another 1 year deal and technically they can't sign him to a 1 year deal for a sign and trade. Would have to be 1 year fully guaranteed and the 3 years non guaranteed. It's a wonder why he hasn't been signed by now anyway but his position doesn't seem to be in demand. Also now that the spending spree is over I'm sure teams can get him at whatever price they want and why would they try to sign him for a S+T when right now it would only be as a favor to Brooklyn.

I don't see why the Magic would want to do that, wouldn't they just be dealing with the exact same thing in a year except it'd be with a worse center who has knee problems?

Well every team in the league but the Lakers and Rockets refuse to negotiate with Orlando since no one else is willing to take the risk of Dwight not signing an extension. I have no idea why Orlando won't deal with Houston even though all indications are Houston will do just about anything to land Dwight for 1 year. If they don't want to deal with Houston then Bynum is literally the only option that's available that isn't the shit sandwich Brooklyn is offering.

Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are going to be UFAs next year. I would MUCH rather go after one of those guys than be stuck with Hump and Tyrus Thomas for the next four years, the mere thought of it disgusts me.

Not sure comparing Reke's and Irving's rookie years is that fair of a comparison. Tyreke played a style that would never lead to victories for his team whereas Irving plays more like Tony Parker with a much better jumpshot.

LuchaShaq

Banned
He put up numbers playing on a shit team beside a 7 fter that doesn't rebound.

Now, I'm not saying he won't do the same on the Bobcats, just that it makes no sense to pay a guy $8m/year for 4 years because he can put up empty numbers when he's on a shit team. He's a solid rotation guy, but I wouldn't call him a starter for a contending team.

In a market where complete scrubs like LOLandry fields gets 3 years 20 mil, and Jeff Green gets 4 years 40. Humphries at 4 years 32-36 million seems like a fucking steal.

Bowser

In a market where complete scrubs like LOLandry fields gets 3 years 20 mil, and Jeff Green gets 4 years 40. Humphries at 4 years 32-36 million seems like a fucking steal.

Just because other teams are doling out LOLWTF contracts doesn't mean I'd sign someone for a "relative steal." I'll let another team get sucked into that kind of thinking.

benjipwns

Banned
Cleveland Cavaliers: The Cleveland Cavaliers seemed like a willing trade partner and midday yesterday it seemed like a deal was not only workable but close. But as these things tend to do, it unraveled quickly when word surfaced that Kris Humphries would not do a deal on a one-year contract which then started a back and forth that ended the day with Cleveland backing out according to sources.

The Cavs were supposed to be the landing spot for Humphries on a one-year $9 million deal to which the Cavs would get a first round pick for playing broker. The deal expanded pretty aggressively with Luke Walton’s contract being tossed in at some point. Late last night, as the deal was said to be gaining serious traction, sources close to the process said the Cavs appeared to be backing out after making a demand to obtain Brook Lopez for themselves, too. There was talk of second-year forward Tristan Thompson being packed in to Orlando in exchange for not getting Lopez and that’s when things seemed to derail.

LA Clippers: The LA Clippers were roped in mainly to find a home for Nets guard MarShon Brooks, as it seems neither Orlando nor the Cavs were overly interested in Brooks, however the Clippers were more than interested. The deal would have netted the Clips MarShon in exchange for a protected first round draft pick, which would have landed with the Cavs. It’s unclear where that leg of the deal stands because word last night was that several teams had interest in MarShon, so it’s unclear if he’ll land in LA or get shifted on to a new team at the table.

Minnesota Timberwolves: The Minnesota Timberwolves appear to be the replacement team if the Cavs’ leg cannot be revived. The Magic were supposedly meeting with the Timberwolves late yesterday, but the word is that Minnesota is trying to move off Brad Miller and Martell Webster. Both have limited guarantees on their deals making them disposable for Orlando. The Wolves are said to have real interest in Jason Richardson and MarShon Brooks. J-Rich was rumored to be headed to Minnesota at the trade deadline, so much so that J-Rich and his family started telling other players that he would be a T-Wolf. The deal did not end up happening, but there is a history of pursuit with the Wolves and Richardson. The Wolves seem a little more willing to deal than the Cavs did as of yesterday, but things on this front have changed on a day-to-day basis, so it’s unclear if the Wolves will actually deal.

Charlotte Bobcats: The Charlotte Bobcats were a late arrival to the Howard talks, however it seems that the Bobcats are open to being the team that takes Kris Humphries – if it’s a one-year deal. Sources say the Bobcats would love to divest themselves of Tyrus Thomas or DeSagana Diop in the transaction, but that’s not likely. The Bobcats do have ample cap room and they hold the rights on some interesting trade chips, namely free agent Eduardo Najera and restricted free agents DJ Augustin and DJ White.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal
Sources close to the process say the Hawks, Rockets and Mavericks continue to talk with Orlando about their own deals, however it seems like a deal to and through Brooklyn remains the top option mainly because there is a lot of help being offered by Howard’s agent Dan Fegan, who is cashing in favors around the league to try and get this thing done.

Bowser

Charlotte Bobcats: The Charlotte Bobcats were a late arrival to the Howard talks, however it seems that the Bobcats are open to being the team that takes Kris Humphries – if it’s a one-year deal. Sources say the Bobcats would love to divest themselves of Tyrus Thomas or DeSagana Diop in the transaction, but that’s not likely. The Bobcats do have ample cap room and they hold the rights on some interesting trade chips, namely free agent Eduardo Najera and restricted free agents DJ Augustin and DJ White.

iTyo6JWoVsIUv.gif

Yeah, as much as I'd love for that to happen...that's not happening.

Sources close to the process say the Hawks, Rockets and Mavericks continue to talk with Orlando about their own deals, however it seems like a deal to and through Brooklyn remains the top option mainly because there is a lot of help being offered by Howard’s agent Dan Fegan, who is cashing in favors around the league to try and get this thing done.

:|

Just because other teams are doling out LOLWTF contracts doesn't mean I'd sign someone for a "relative steal." I'll let another team get sucked into that kind of thinking.

Exactly. My line of thought goes like this: Cody Zeller, Isaiah Austin, Nerlens Noel, or McAdoo at 3 to 4 million a year; or Humphries at 8 million a year?

Holy shit at the cavs already realizing Thompson will never be great and dumping him for Bropez.

Make a draft mistake? Let's fix it for trading him for an insane max contract!

Fast forward a year from now when they are trying to trade Dion Waiters for an overpaid Kevin Martin.

That doesn't seem to be what the article is implying at all.

Bowser

Holy shit at the cavs already realizing Thompson will never be great and dumping him for Bropez.

Make a draft mistake? Let's fix it for trading him for an insane max contract!

Fast forward a year from now when they are trying to trade Dion Waiters for an overpaid Kevin Martin.

You're reading it wrong. Cavs wanted Bropez for themselves, so Orlando was like "ok, then we want Thompson" and that's where shit broke down.

giga

Fegan literally sucking dick to get this through. Not surprised. If he would have prevented Howard from killing his eto he wouldn't have semen stains on his tie right now.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Fegan literally sucking dick to get this through. Not surprised. If he would have prevented Howard from killing his eto he wouldn't have semen stains on his tie right now.

Lol I can only imagine his reaction when Dwight chose to opt in. Also I wonder if Dwight will realize how much of an asshole he'll look like after this. He wants to be the most likable guy in the league and right now he's on the fast track to becoming the biggest villain since LBJ's heel turn.

KingKong

So according to the ESPN article, Dallas didn't even make Jet an offer. Even more interesting is that apparently Jet refers to himself as "The Jet"

i don't get why everyone wants Humphries with a one year deal, he's a solid player in a free agency where everyone is getting paid.

Since he played on a 1 year deal last year, he's basically coming off two straight contract seasons for a lottery team. He's definitely not a scrub, but I can see why teams are wary.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Lol I can only imagine his reaction when Dwight chose to opt in. Also I wonder if Dwight will realize how much of an asshole he'll look like after this. He wants to be the most likable guy in the league and right now he's on the fast track to becoming the biggest villain since LBJ's heel turn.

Dwights 2 year cry fest and Boozer lying to a blind guy make LBJ/Bosh look like the nicest guys in the world. At least Lebron refused to talk about it and then was a douche for a week and it was fucking done with.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dwights 2 year cry fest and Boozer lying to a blind guy make LBJ/Bosh look like the nicest guys in the world. At least Lebron refused to talk about it and then was a douche for a week and it was fucking done with.

Lol so true. Dwight truly is a complete fucking idiot that I will still gladly take if Orlando will take Bynum :lol. At this point Orlando needs to just trade him to anyone that'll take him in a 2 team trade not the current 3+ mess Brooklyn is trying to take. It'll get done asap that way and Dwight won't get his way while Orlando won't look like complete idiots taking Brooklyn's offer. I still don't understand why Hennigan is acting like Dwight has all the leverage when he has all the power in the world to choose Dwight's destination.

benjipwns

Banned
John Hollinger:
AS @APkrawczynski points out, Wolves have movable pieces to get under. If no Batum match, need to move ~$4mil for Roy and more for Shved.

... and that would be *after* amnestying Darko, cutting Miller and Webster and renouncing Tolliver.

The only way to describe the Sixers next year is young and reckless. Sorry to move off the Dwight Howard lovin going on but as a Philly fan this was the first year I have felt hope in my life since Iverson hogged the ball all the way to the finals

The only way to describe the Sixers next year is young and reckless. Sorry to move off the Dwight Howard lovin going on but as a Philly fan this was the first year I have felt hope in my life since Iverson hogged the ball all the way to the finals

Don't you mean The Young and the Harkless? Trademark it and thank me later.

Owzers

sometimes First Take is the worst show i watch on tv. Taking 15 minutes to talk about Tebow saying he'd do The Bachelor show if he wasn't so busy and whether or not he'll have sex with the person he's dating before marriage?

I want to know what Lebron is having for lunch today and whether it is the food of champions or only one-and-done champions, not this tebow talk.

Shinobi

Hold them in the standards as owners and GMs... If Cuban tweeted "My son asked if Ray Allen was coming to the Mavs and I said I hope so" before his team could talk to FA he would have been fined 75000... Players aren't the savviest people on the planet they pretty much out themselves daily..

But none of these players have left tweets or voice mails about this...

That's kinda my point. Collusion happens with players and owners ALL the time, and we're navie as hell if we think different. But only the completely and utterly stupid allow themselves to get caught on it. Merely suspecting collusion isn't good enough to tie the noose.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
But none of these players have left tweets or voice mails about this...

That's kinda my point. Collusion happens with players and owners ALL the time, and we're navie as hell if we think different. But only the completely and utterly stupid allow themselves to get caught on it. Merely suspecting collusion isn't good enough to tie the noose.

What are you talking about? LBJ has talked about his collusion for years..

The tweet I paraphrased was LBJ's about Ray Allen...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It's not like colluding between players guarantee's anything.

Miami had the perfect storm to land the Big 3. It's not easy.. they had just about no one under contract to make it happen.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Miami had the perfect storm to land the Big 3. It's not easy.. they had just about no one under contract to make it happen.

Yeah.. I got a bridge for sale as well.

The problem with this logic is that what happens when someone like Wade tells the Miami front office that he plans on teaming up with Lebron and Bosh?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The problem with this logic is that what happens when someone like Wade tells the Miami front office that he plans on teaming up with Lebron and Bosh?

Because it worked out perfectly one time?

Otherwise, it takes FO's making it happen.

You have to have cap and/or assets to SnT.. and SnT is getting harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom