• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
I hope you guys are right but this league is a joke. I fully expect this diva to be in Brooklyn by next season.

The current trade might be impossible but you make it sound like they can't re-work a deal.
What else can they offer? They're basically trying to trade every player on the team except Deron, Wallace and Johnson.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I hope you guys are right but this league is a joke. I fully expect this diva to be in Brooklyn by next season.

The current trade might be impossible but you make it sound like they can't re-work a deal.

Because they can't. Brooklyn can't straight up trade for Dwight since they don't have the cap space. You realize how many variables there are that will make this trade collapse? 5 players in the proposed deal aren't even under contract and have to all agree to be signed and traded. Brooklyn has to convince 1 or 2 teams to throw them a bone and Orlando has to agree to take whatever shit they get back.

Could he go somewhere for a year then go to Brooklyn in a sign and trade?

For what? What would be in it for the trading team? Brooklyn has nothing anybody wants. They are needing to get like 5 other teams involved just to get Orlando to consider Brook Lopez. Hypothetically, lets say he's dealt to Houston, LA or Atlanta and decides he still wants out, what the fuck do any of those teams want with a maxed out Brook Lopez? Dwight has very little leverage now because the Nets don't have the cap space to sign him outright.

Shinobi

I'm going to laugh and laugh if signing Joe freaking Johnson is what prevent the Nets from getting Dwight

Especially when that was due to the Nets getting tired of D12's indecisiveness for the 15th time LOL...it's the funniest soap opera in sports.

Speaking of which, Orlando are still the biggest suckers in all of this. They could've traded D12 a year ago, or just let him walk and at least gotten the cap space. Instead they sign him for one more year, in the most pointless contract extension in the history of sports, because it simply meant repeating this shit all over again. Oh, and he got their coach (who was good) and the GM (who was shit) fired. Great job, Orlando front office!

When I look at all that, I'd rather go to Moscow then deal with that circus too.

Especially when that was due to the Nets getting tired of D12's indecisiveness for the 15th time LOL...it's the funniest soap opera in sports.

Speaking of which, Orlando are still the biggest suckers in all of this. They could've traded D12 a year ago, or just let him walk and at least gotten the cap space. Instead they sign him for one more year, in the most pointless contract extension in the history of sports, because it simply meant repeating this shit all over again. Oh, and he got their coach (who was good) and the GM (who was shit) fired. Great job, Orlando front office!

When I look at all that, I'd rather go to Moscow then deal with that circus too.

D12 is a top 2 player in the league, he's worth trying to keep. And SVG had long worn out his welcome with his insistence on giving Hedouche starter minutes and routinely playing Chris Duhon.

Dwight screwed Dwight.

I'm preparing myself for a Brook Lopez dynasty.

Edit: We traded for Joe and overpaid Wallace to get Deron to stay. If Dwight had acted like a man this spring, he'd already be a Net. I'm really not sorry for him if he spends the next 4 years in an "un-ideal" city making max money, boo-hoo.

The Nets had to add Johnson and Wallace to get Deron to stay though. He wasn't going to resign on the chance they get Dwight and then have that fall through. Dwight fucked it up by picking up his option.

SamuraiX-

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Blake Griffin and the Clippers have formally agreed on his five-year, approximately $95 million deal, league sources say.

Amazing how much money flopping can get you in today's league.

Shinobi

D12 is a top 2 player in the league, he's worth trying to keep. And SVG had long worn out his welcome with his insistence on giving Hedouche starter minutes and routinely playing Chris Duhon.

I actually agree with this. But if you're gonna try and keep him, you try and keep him for at least three years. A one year extension was doing nothing but extending the circus that had already swallowed up that franchise for another year. And if he doesn't want to sign for more then a year then cool...at that point you trade his ass or let him walk.

You can't be half pregnant...yet that's what Orlando managed to do with that one year extension. It's little wonder Dwayne Wade laughed his ass off about it on Twitter.

(Oh wait...that was collusion too wasn't it?)

Bowser

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell
Former #Bobcats guard Garrett Temple playing for Cavs in summer league (play CLT Sunday.) Agent says Temple would love a return to Bobcats

lol I'm sure he would...I'm also sure he would love a roster spot on any of the 30 NBA teams.

benjipwns

Banned
I actually agree with this. But if you're gonna try and keep him, you try and keep him for at least three years. A one year extension was doing nothing but extending the circus that had already swallowed up that franchise for another year. And if he doesn't want to sign for more then a year then cool...at that point you trade his ass or let him walk.

You can't be half pregnant...yet that's what Orlando managed to do with that one year extension. It's little wonder Dwayne Wade laughed his ass off about it on Twitter.

(Oh wait...that was collusion too wasn't it?)
Orlando didn't give him a one year extension, Dwight had an ETO that he didn't use.

Shinobi

Orlando didn't give him a one year extension, Dwight had an ETO that he didn't use.

My bad...so, yet another example where D12 has played the Magic like a fiddle. Or, another example where D12 has no fucking idea what he wants. Either way!

They should've traded him...pretty sure the Nets proposal from six months ago was a lot better then what's being offered now, even with Maxed Lopez.

benjipwns

Banned
My bad...so, yet another example where D12 has played the Magic like a fiddle. Or, another example where D12 has no fucking idea what he wants. Either way!

They should've traded him...pretty sure the Nets proposal from six months ago was a lot better then what's being offered now, even with Maxed Lopez.
He was going to opt out, but at the last minute changed his mind.

well he's right. He doesn't rebound either
KD guarded LBJ the best out of anybody in the league last year. To say he doesn't defend is plain bullshit. And can't dribble? Can't pass? Are you fucking serious?
Nope. Only Lebron affects a team and a game in more areas, and no one has the effect he does on D. Not sure how anyone could debate this to be honest.

Dwight is elite on D no doubt. The best. The best rebounder too.

But the fact that he is such a liability on offense is damning. You can't call a guy who you have to question about having out there in the fourth quarter the most impactful player.

Shinobi

He was going to opt out, but at the last minute changed his mind.

howardt.jpg

"What can I say?"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That and his shitty attitude that will put him on the refs shit list with the quickness, along with his terrible defense. Yeah no big flaws.

His defense is not that terrible.

The biggest problem Blake has is the fact that the 3rd best player on his team was a bad Caron Butler and his head coach is VDN. Blake + CP3 can only carry that sad roster so far.

SUPREME1

Banned
His defense is not that terrible.

The biggest problem Blake has is the fact that the 3rd best player on his team was a bad Caron Butler and his head coach is VDN. Blake + CP3 can only carry that sad roster so far.

Refs made up for it by gifting them a stupid amount of whistles for obvious flops.

Shinobi

Dwight is elite on D no doubt. The best. The best rebounder too.

But the fact that he is such a liability on offense is damning. You can't call a guy who you have to question about having out there in the fourth quarter the most impactful player.

True...Shaq had the free throw issues, but was a fantastic passer for a big man and had far better post moves.

Either way, I'd still say he's top five. I'd like to see what D12 could do with two other top players though. Which is why I hope he goes to the Nets. Or the Lakers. Either way I don't care.

True...Shaq had the free throw issues, but was a fantastic passer for a big man and had far better post moves.

Either way, I'd still say he's top five. I'd like to see what D12 could do with two other top players though. Which is why I hope he goes to the Nets. Or the Lakers. Either way I don't care.

He's top 5 but honestly we don know effect this back surgery has on him. He falls off a fucking cliff if his athleticism is gone.

SamuraiX-

Frank Vogel says the Pacers playstyle has been coined "Smashmouth" by the team.

I had no idea there were so many variations of the spelling "fuckball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom