• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/44989/sources-raptors-shopping-pick-for-forward

This draft sucks, right? I don't know how the #8 pick nets them anything like that.

Chad Ford sez it's so they can make a run at Nash. Deal would be #8 + some other players.

Rhett (Toronto)
You still have Dion Waiters going to the Raptors, Chad. But all we keep hearing up here is that the Raptors are likely to move the pick. Any idea who would be available for the 8th pick in the draft?

Chad Ford (1:15 PM)
I agree that the Raptors are looking to move the pick. They've been trying to package it with another young player like Ed Davis and a vet (Bargnani or Calderon). I think they want a big time player on the wing so that they can lure Steve Nash this summer. The guy most people in the league believe they are after via trade is Rudy Gay. If they stay at 8, they want a player who can get to the basket. Thus ... Waiters at 8.

I would think Davis, Calderon & #8 might get them someone like Iguodala, but probably not Gay.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This draft is pretty good. Gay is absurdly overpaid so trading him for the 8th pick would probably be an even trade.

if Barnes fell to the 8th pick.. which is highly unlikely..but possible.. then I would pull the trigger to shed the contract plus get talent..

hpim1437.jpg

this is 2nd round 59th pickatory

You seem pretty familiar with the lottery prospects, who do you think would be the best fit for the Suns?

We need a 2 but primarily, scoring so a high prospect at 3 wouldn't be amiss. Right now I'm leaning on Lamb, then Ross. I don't think Lamb will fall to us though and it's probably very likely we end up with Rivers. What are next year's PG prospects looking like? I figure if we go 2 and Nash bolts, we should have a nice early pick for a PG next year. My patience with the team really took a hit when we traded Dragic away :(

Blackace

You seem pretty familiar with the lottery prospects, who do you think would be the best fit for the Suns?

We need a 2 but primarily, scoring so a high prospect at 3 wouldn't be amiss. Right now I'm leaning on Lamb, then Ross. I don't think Lamb will fall to us though and it's probably very likely we end up with Rivers. What are next year's PG prospects looking like? I figure if we go 2 and Nash bolts, we should have a nice early pick for a PG next year. My patience with the team really took a hit when we traded Dragic away :(

I don't think Lamb nor Ross falls to the Suns pick.. basically you're two choices might be Rivers (Duke SG lol) or Kendall Marshall (NC PG ROFL)

Maybe you can S&T Nash to a higher pick.. but kinda doubt that too..

I don't think Lamb nor Ross falls to the Suns pick.. basically you're two choices might be Rivers (Duke SG lol) or Kendall Marshall (NC PG ROFL)

It does seem like Ross's stock has been rising so that may prove true. If Marshall could at least play solid defense, I'd be excited about him with his passing ability. I'm still old school in preferring a facilitator over the new breed of scoring PG but being a liability in O and D is too much. I really think we'll end up with Rivers if no one else takes him first, hope everyone is wrong about him.

I think Nash will stay here but it wouldn't be hard to S&T if we don't. I just wonder what we'd get for him. I can think of a few scenarios with the Grizzlies I wouldn't mind... Raptors want him bad but they don't have shit besides the pick.

giri

Many have us ending up with rivers.

It makes me sad.

Many have us ending up with rivers.

It makes me sad.

Who else would you want to take a flier on that could realistically drop to us? Harkless?

About damn time you took off the sweet lou avatar! I remember my dragic, before we made the dumbest trade in years. God I hate our FO.

Blackace

It does seem like Ross's stock has been rising so that may prove true. If Marshall could at least play solid defense, I'd be excited about him with his passing ability. I'm still old school in preferring a facilitator over the new breed of scoring PG but being a liability in O and D is too much. I really think we'll end up with Rivers if no one else takes him first, hope everyone is wrong about him.

I think Nash will stay here but it wouldn't be hard to S&T if we don't. I just wonder what we'd get for him. I can think of a few scenarios with the Grizzlies I wouldn't mind... Raptors want him bad but they don't have shit besides the pick.

DeRozen for Nash and the 8!

lol

Both the agents for Phil Jackson and an Orlando Magic source denied Wednesday any contact between the parties about a role in the front office.

Sam Vincent was freelancing a proposal with no authorization to speak for the Magic, the agents said.

"One, Phil never voiced any interest in Orlando," Todd Musburger said "never had us check it out, never checked it out himself. Two, Orlando never called."

Sorry Redblaster.

DeRozen for Nash and the 8!

lol

Clint-Eastwood-disgusted-face-gran-torino.gif

I was going to curse you but then I realized it could be worse, we could be the Raptors. Thank you for that moment of clarity.

Also, holy shit, when did Crimson's username change? hahahaha! Man, shows how long it's been since I've roamed the NBA thread.

Edit: Just checked the playoff thread... Crimson's meltdown and the responses to it had me rolling.

giri

Who else would you want to take a flier on that could realistically drop to us? Harkless?

About damn time you took off the sweet lou avatar! I remember my dragic, before we made the dumbest trade in years. God I hate our FO.

:( i had to change now that lou's had a play off run with the pacers. Feels bad.

But yes, i said the dragic trade at the time was fucking horrible. And dragic's play with the rockets last year shows why. Kid was legitimately going to be our next starter, and very good. Now we have AB3. well, no, not really, he never came back from china.

I don't know, our pick is horrible and i'm not sure there is going to be any real talent around our level, i just don' think rivers is going to work out at all.

It's not the worst pick we'll have ever made though.

:( i had to change now that lou's had a play off run with the pacers. Feels bad.

But yes, i said the dragic trade at the time was fucking horrible. And dragic's play with the rockets last year shows why. Kid was legitimately going to be our next starter, and very good. Now we have AB3. well, no, not really, he never came back from china.

I don't know, our pick is horrible and i'm not sure there is going to be any real talent around our level, i just don' think rivers is going to work out at all.

It's not the worst pick we'll have ever made though.

Feels bad is right. Dragic trade was a final straw for me, I really didn't want to watch again until Sarver sells the team to someone else but I found myself watching every game anyway because I've done it my whole life and I don't know any different. So so frustrating and seeing Dragic play well in Houston just rubs salt in the wounds. I'd love to get him back but that'll never happen. Kerr would have steered this ship around...I could go on and on about the FO ineptitude. I think Nash will probably stay which buys us another few years to not find another PG sigh

Pretty sad that this off season will be ten times more interesting than our actual season was, no one knows who will be on the roster! That's why it's hilarious that they are trying to sell season tickets right now. What team, Sarver? You have a handful of guys under contract lol I'll take Rivers over selling the damn pick for money. Who knows? maybe Rivers turns into a star, no one can truly predict how a player will turn out. Cam Newton just shoveled piles of crow into everyone that watches the NFL this last season. I'm still praying that Sarver sticks to his 10 year plan and thus, will sell the team soon. It is our only hope.

linsivvi

Both the agents for Phil Jackson and an Orlando Magic source denied Wednesday any contact between the parties about a role in the front office.

Sam Vincent was freelancing a proposal with no authorization to speak for the Magic, the agents said.

Sorry Redblaster.

Yeah, like I said yesterday, Sam Vincent was just desperate for the job and pulled the proposal out of his ass. Phil's not going to Orlando anyway. He's got his beautiful girlfriend living in LA.

giri

Feels bad is right. Dragic trade was a final straw for me, I really didn't want to watch again until Sarver sells the team to someone else but I found myself watching every game anyway because I've done it my whole life and I don't know any different. So so frustrating and seeing Dragic play well in Houston just rubs salt in the wounds. I'd love to get him back but that'll never happen. Kerr would have steered this ship around...I could go on and on about the FO ineptitude. I think Nash will probably stay which buys us another few years to not find another PG sigh

Pretty sad that this off season will be ten times more interesting than our actual season was, no one knows who will be on the roster! That's why it's hilarious that they are trying to sell season tickets right now. What team, Sarver? You have a handful of guys under contract lol I'll take Rivers over selling the damn pick for money. Who knows? maybe Rivers turns into a star, no one can truly predict how a player will turn out. Cam Newton just shoveled piles of crow into everyone that watches the NFL this last season. I'm still praying that Sarver sticks to his 10 year plan and thus, will sell the team soon. It is our only hope.

Nash isn't coming back unless we sign someone.

Thats why i said throw max at eric gordon.

WTF have we got to lose?

Though i believe he's a RFA. So we can't really win either.

but yeah, getting rid of kerr when he had finally found his feet as a GM was a GREAT move.

on the upside, i love kerr as a commentator, he calls it how he see's it. He's great.

You can't offer Gordon the max without rescinding the rights to Steve Nash first.

Phoenix this summer is at $80 million right now in cap holds. $17 mil with nash, $10 with hill (they'll rescind that) and $7 mil for Lopez (until they work out a contract). Also, $5 million for Aaron Brooks.

They'd have to rescind Nash, Hill, and Brooks to go after Gordon, it seems. And New Orleans just got Davis. They are keeping Gordon even if it costs $13 mil to start. I bet he re-signs before he his the FA market.

Assuming Nash leaves, I have no fucking clue where the Suns can go. Looks like a full rebuild to start.

giri

You can't offer Gordon the max without rescinding the rights to Steve Nash first.

Phoenix this summer is at $80 million right now in cap holds. $17 mil with nash, $10 with hill (they'll rescind that) and $7 mil for Lopez (until they work out a contract). Also, $5 million for Aaron Brooks.

They'd have to rescind Nash, Hill, and Brooks to go after Gordon, it seems. And New Orleans just got Davis. They are keeping Gordon even if it costs $13 mil to start. I bet he re-signs before he his the FA market.

Assuming Nash leaves, I have no fucking clue where the Suns can go. Looks like a full rebuild to start.

And thats why the suns would rescind everyone on the chance of getting grodon.

They've literally got nothing to lose.

Nash doesn't re-sign, hill doesn't.

Are you looking at THIS years salaries? cause i can only see the suns with about $30m on the books (with no holds).

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/suns.jsp

$50M of that is "holds" for guys that will get no where near those holds.

lol

Lamb at 24 is a good pick...

My office is sold on Harrison Barnes...keep hearing "upside" and "scorer" ...MKG stock seems to be descending because he "can't shoot" and "is inconsistent".....fuck it, I'm shutting my door and forcing mandatory saturday morning shifts.

Blackace

My office is sold on Harrison Barnes...keep hearing "upside" and "scorer" ...MKG stock seems to be descending because he "can't shoot" and "is inconsistent".....fuck it, I'm shutting my door and forcing mandatory saturday morning shifts.
If MKG makes it to 4 he would be a steal...

Nash isn't coming back unless we sign someone.

Thats why i said throw max at eric gordon.

WTF have we got to lose?

Though i believe he's a RFA. So we can't really win either.

but yeah, getting rid of kerr when he had finally found his feet as a GM was a GREAT move.

on the upside, i love kerr as a commentator, he calls it how he see's it. He's great.

So he says but I suppose he's one player I can actually trust to stick by what he says. The reason our situation is so shit is that we need to lose Nash and go in complete rebuild mode, but our FO is so terrible that I have no confidence it would be done correctly. If Kerr were still here and Dragic, I 'd feel pretty damn good about where we'd be headed. Sarver regime MUST end.

I've been clamoring for 1. Harden 2. Gordon all off season even though there's no way in hell it'd happen. At least not Harden, maybe NO drafts a top 2 and then lets Gordon go or Gordon demands to go since he wouldn't be the long term plan. There is no hope for us right now, only the prospect of a crazy shake up on the roster that no one can predict. I guess that's entertainment...

Agree but every time Kerr says something insightful, it just makes me that much more frustrated he isn't still here.

KingGondo

Banned
I've been clamoring for 1. Harden 2. Gordon all off season even though there's no way in hell it'd happen. At least not Harden, maybe NO drafts a top 2 and then lets Gordon go or Gordon demands to go since he wouldn't be the long term plan. There is no hope for us right now, only the prospect of a crazy shake up on the roster that no one can predict. I guess that's entertainment...
Harden will stay in OKC, and Gordon will stay in NOLA (especially since they're gonna get Davis).

Harden will stay in OKC, and Gordon will stay in NOLA (especially since they're gonna get Davis).

I know, that's why I said no way in hell that will happen. Still, you have to conjure false hope in your team's off season until they shatter it when FA hits.

What's funny is the Suns FO kept talking about how much cap they were building up, they didn't make moves last year so they could make a large splash in FA this year, almost all the players we signed/ extended were just one year deals last year, etc. Suddenly, it changes to we aren't necessarily going to spend at this FA because there may not be players worth spending on... Did I miss something? Did the FA options change from when they spouted the splash shit last year? This front office is a joke, funny they think they can carrot and stick Suns fans when we've been fucked over the past multiple seasons by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom