• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nick Friedell proves again that he's a bitch.

Gave Boozer a B for the season, and a C- for the playoffs.

Now, he gives Rose a B for the season, and a "N/A" for the playoffs.

Are you kidding me? Rose missed so many damn games, how can he get the same grade as Boozer, and just give him an F for the playoffs. Don't pull this BS.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Let the games begin!

Drummond
Best Case: Serge Ibaka
Worst Case: DeAndre Jordan

MKG
Best Case: Andre Iguodala
Worst Case: Gerald Wallace

Beal
Best Case: Eric Gordon
Worst Case: Gary Neal

Robinson
Best Case: Al Horford
Worst Case: Reggie Evans

Rivers
Best Case: O.J. Mayo
Worst Case: Jerryd Bayless

Barnes
Best Case: Luol Deng
Worst Case: 6-8 Arron Afflalo

Lillard
Best Case: George Hill
Worst Case: Ronnie Price

J.Lamb
Best Case: Kevin Martin
Worst Case: Rashad McCants

Don't get Robinsons at all, never saw any Al Horford in him. Barnes worst case is ridiculous, he's not that good a defender.
But Prime Wallace shits on Prime Iguodala.

MJ can't lose!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Masseuse dies after collapsing at Bosh's home:

(06-05) 13:29 PDT MIAMI, (AP) -- A South Florida masseuse died at a hospital after collapsing at the Miami Beach home of injured Heat forward Chris Bosh.

A police report says the woman, whose name wasn't immediately released, went to Bosh's home Monday. Bosh has been sidelined with an abdominal strain.

Miami Beach police spokeswoman Vivian Hernandez says the department will conduct its standard death investigation, but there are no immediate signs of foul play.

The woman initially appeared to be well but suddenly collapsed. Fire rescue workers responded and transported the unconscious woman to a nearby hospital, where she died Monday night.

The report says a friend of the victim told officials she had survived cancer about a year ago. The cause of the woman's collapse and eventual death weren't in the report.

Drummond and MKG have serious hols in their game yet their "worst case" is hardly any worse than their best according to DX (Serge Ibaka vs. DeAndre Jordan, Iggy vs Crash), wtf.

Canuck76

Banned
Let the games begin!

Drummond
Best Case: Serge Ibaka
Worst Case: DeAndre Jordan

MKG
Best Case: Andre Iguodala
Worst Case: Gerald Wallace

Beal
Best Case: Eric Gordon
Worst Case: Gary Neal

Robinson
Best Case: Al Horford
Worst Case: Reggie Evans

Rivers
Best Case: O.J. Mayo
Worst Case: Jerryd Bayless

Barnes
Best Case: Luol Deng
Worst Case: 6-8 Arron Afflalo

Lillard
Best Case: George Hill
Worst Case: Ronnie Price

J.Lamb
Best Case: Kevin Martin
Worst Case: Rashad McCants

Don't get Robinsons at all, never saw any Al Horford in him. Barnes worst case is ridiculous, he's not that good a defender.

Lol J.Lamb's best case is Kevin Martin. If that's the case he should go late first round hahaha

bjb

Banned
I'm happy GS kept their pick, even though the team will continue to be trash.

I don't know how they're supposed to win with Bogut and David Lee.

linsivvi

You have more faith in Jim Buss than I do. Jim Buss is in love with Bynum as being the centerpiece of the Lakers franchise going forward. That hasn't changed nor will it anytime soon. Buss it he exact type of guy who will give Bynum a max contract extension.

I have zero faith in him. He'll probably give him a new contract anyway. Doesn't change the fact that you need to use the team option right now. It's not exactly good news but it could be worse (they give him an extension right away instead of waiting).

I'm so glad I have this place of embrace.

Feels so warm and fuzzy in here.

tumblr_lvvd7wIsgj1qi4e61o1_500.jpg

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Tenacity, relentless pursuit of that orange sphere. Amare, you are younger than KG. Take heed.
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Oh and that perpetual mean streak.
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

The reason why you should believe in Amare is Game 1 last year vs Boston. Last time he was at full health. He dominated.
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Amare has a full offseason and full camp with no anticipated physical issues. Got to get his swag back.
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Actually, rather than Amare, Jeremy Lin should be at this game watching Rondo.
I love reading Alan Hahn's Twitter

PJax in Orlando not dead?

Five days after the Orlando Sentinel reported that the former Lakers and Bulls coach with 11 championship rings had “bowed out” of a plan to be the lead personnel man for the Magic, two sources close to the situation told SI.com that a revised version of the proposal that still included Jackson’s involvement was submitted to the team Tuesday morning.

According to the sources, the latest version of the proposal has Pacers assistant and ex-Lakers assistant Brian Shaw coaching the team and Hall of Famer and Bulls ambassador Scottie Pippen as the lead assistant. And as if Jackson’s potential price tag wasn’t daunting enough (he earned $12 million in his last year with the Lakers), one of the sources said he is asking for a slice of minority ownership in the franchise as well.

Minority ownership lawl, really gonna bend us over the barrel. BShaw as coach would be nice tho.

Bowser

I'm torn who the Cav's should draft if MKG is taken at 2 or 3. Lamb might be a good fit.

As long is it isn't goddamn Drummond.

Get ready for Barnesbot bro:

When former Duke point guard Kyrie Irving was picked No. 1 overall by Cleveland last June, it helped his cause that he wasn't a small forward.

LeBron James made his Decision to head for Miami a year before, and in his rookie year,
Irving was facing more than enough pressure without the burden of replacing The Departed One at the three position.

A year later, North Carolina's Harrison Barnes could wind up playing that role.

Sources say the Cavaliers are very high on the 20-year-old small forward and appear unlikely to let him slip past them at the No. 4 slot in the June 28 draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...-cleveland-cavaliers/index.html#ixzz1x1UHSRkw

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hmmm.. Lamb/Beal/Ross/Barnes/Jones would all play well in Cle.

Lamb Ross Barnes or Jones would be the best fits..

Or trade down to get Miller..

Hmmm.. Lamb/Beal/Ross/Barnes/Jones would all play well in Cle.

Lamb Ross Barnes or Jones would be the best fits..

Or trade down to get Miller..

I like MKG because he can D up two positions and create a shot...hopefully he can develope a 15 footer.

I'm also high on Beal and Lamb.

Jones scares me because he has that whole Darius Miles "I don't give a shit" attitude.

We all know lil' Kyrie isn't going to play D, so a 2 that can would be appreciated!

As for Barnes.....he could go either way...if he dedicates himself I could see him being a 20 ppg scorer....if he maintains the same level of enthusiam as he did in NC he's going to end up being a younger Anthony Parker...fuuuuuuuuuu

Blackace

I like MKG because he can D up two positions and create a shot...hopefully he can develope a 15 footer.

I'm also high on Beal and Lamb.

Jones scares me because he has that whole Darius Miles "I don't give a shit" attitude.

We all know lil' Kyrie isn't going to play D, so a 2 that can would be appreciated!
I think Ross might be one of the better defenders at the position in the draft

I think Ross might be one of the better defenders at the position in the draft

I like Ross too, but not at 4. He has solid game but he lacks that "it" factor. I guess I can't put my finger on it. A solid role player or 6th man for a good team seems to be his upside in my opinion.

Blackace

I like Ross too, but not at 4. He has solid game but he lacks that "it" factor. I guess I can't put my finger on it. A solid role player or 6th man for a good team seems to be his upside in my opinion.
He is a gunner actually... But Roy didn't have it also...

Some names Knicks could draft

Shooting Guards

William Buford (Ohio State) -- Buford's four years in college paid off, as he became a smarter player over time. He's very active moving without the ball -- something the Knicks need more of -- and knows how to come off screens to hit mid-range jumpshots, as well as attack and finish with creativity and strength (he's 6-6, 220). He's also active on defense and jumps out on passing lanes well. Where he has to improve is 3-point consistency (he went from 44.2 percent as a junior to 35.8 last year) and creating for himself better off the triple threat.

Kim English (Missouri) -- Some of the recent mock drafts have the Knicks selecting English (6-6, 200), mostly because the team needs 3-point shooters and he's deadly in that department. After shooting 36.6 percent from downtown in 2011, he improved to 45.9 percent as a senior -- one of the best marks in the country. He's money in catch-and-shoot situations, especially because he doesn't drop the ball below his waist during his quick setup (Ray Allen-esque). With his high basketball IQ and intense D, he'll be a solid role player on an NBA team.

Small Forward

Jae Crowder (Marquette) -- The consensus on Crowder is that there isn't an exact position for him. But that's because he's viewed as a very good all-around player who has the size (6-6, 235) to play inside and out. He was basically a double-double machine this past season and he would likely become a fan favorite in New York for his intensity, toughness, active motor and unique style (he has long dreadlocks). Perhaps most impressive is that he has an NBA-needed quick release and range to 3-point territory.

Point Guard

*Scott Machado (Iona) -- Machado (6-1, 180) says he's a top-three point guard in the draft class, and he's probably right. Last year, he led Iona, a small Division I school, to the NCAA tournament, while finishing first in assists per game (9.9). His ball control is superior and he passes well in traffic out of the paint -- a needed skill in the NBA. Machado can also D up (1.6 steals per game) and shoot the three (40.4 percent). He could drop in the draft since he's not very athletic (low 30s vertical). He also needs to work on speeding it up in the halfcourt.

Maalik Wayns (Villanova) -- Wayns (6-2, 185) was once considered a potential lottery prospect, but he's been disappointing at times during his college career. His biggest issue is his outside accuracy. In fact, he finished his junior season shooting 29.8 percent from downtown. But he has a very high motor on offense and defense. Overall, he's a solid passer and when he gets to the rim, he excels at finishing -- but that's mostly in transition. Wayns likes to get out and go, but he needs to improve his halfcourt penetration. He settles for a floater too often.

Dee Bost (Mississippi State) -- Bost (6-2, 176) has the potential to be a very good player. Excellent at times, he can also be erratic. But the talent is there. He's an athletic point guard who can be pass-first or shoot-first. In the halfcourt, Bost can pull-up from deep and can fire picture-perfect bounce passes through the defense. In the open court, he's explosive and always looks to finish with a dunk. Defensively, his steals numbers have improved every year. Bost just needs to become more consistent and improve his basketball IQ.

* = Knicks worked him out

lotta mock drafts have the Mavs taking Ross, but I hear nothing but great things about the kid. I'm not quite sure if he's going to drop that far.

pilonv1

Cavs were super high on him last year. Not surprised, and it will give them a nice core.

Bulls are letting Watson go. End of an era.

Hope he comes back to the Warriors. Would be an awesome backup for Steph.

Also

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

@warriors have an interesting meeting of the Joneses on Monday with Perry Jones going against Terrence Jones. Golden State has eye on SF.

Should be interesting.

pilonv1

Harris (ATL)
How good is MKG? Some people say scoring machine in NBA, others that he lacks actual basketball skills.

Chad Ford (1:06 PM)
Doubt he's a scoring machine. And no, he doesn't lack basketball skills. He's still developing as a shooter and a ball handler. But he's an incredible finisher around the basket, is an elite defender who can guard multiple positions and plays as hard as anyone I've ever seen. His skills will improve. Comps go from the high end of a Scottie Pippen or Andre Iguodala to the mid range of a Gerald Wallace or Shane Battier. After seeing the Celtics out-will and out-work the Heat -- I think GMs recognize that having a killer instinct and a great motor are basketball skills.

#2 pick.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/44989/sources-raptors-shopping-pick-for-forward
The Toronto Raptors know exactly what they want out of the 2012 NBA draft:

An established, athletic wing man.

And that's why the Raptors have already made it known to rival teams that their lottery pick on June 28 -- No. 8 overall -- is available to a trade partner that can provide the elite small forward they seek, according to sources close to the situation.

With a slew of league execs having converged on Chicago this week for the NBA's annual pre-draft camp, sources told ESPN.com that the Raptors have at least two known trade targets: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay and Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala.

This draft sucks, right? I don't know how the #8 pick nets them anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom