• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say that they're worse. They're better. I'm not convinced they could beat OKC in a seven game series despite either trade. The exact same weaknesses they had last year are still there. You're blind if you can't see that.

One of their biggest weaknesses last year was Kobe being at an all time low in fucks given. If Nash takes even a third of his stupid shots away they're massively better next year.

Nelo Ice

Banned
One of their biggest weaknesses last year was Kobe being at an all time low in fucks given. If Nash takes even a third of his stupid shots away they're massively better next year.

I dunno, Nash won't be much help we've had a revolving door at PG defense for the past decade and it's only won us like 5 rings. Getting Dwight won't do shit either we won't be able to handle the vaunted OKC/MIA 3 point barrage.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
Kemba on Dunlap: “He’s letting me play how I used to play – attack, score, be aggressive, get fouled and find guys. Have fun.’’

I can't wait to see him, MKG, and Biyombo fly up and down the court on Friday.

#imwet

I will be the first one to gloat when teams like OKC and the Heat demolish the Lakers because of their lack of backcourt defense. The writing is on the wall. Teams that shoot the three ball well will also destroy them.

Gloat for what? If those teams demolish us with Nash and Dwight they would have done the same with Fisher and Bynum starting. If you want to argue that these moves dont make the Lakers a championship favorite thats one thing. The reason you look like a fool is because you are trying to spin that adding Nash and Dwight for Bynum and some draft picks somehow makes the team worse. That's just plain stupid.

I'm not convinced this is going to happen. If anything, Nash defers a lot. He's an assist machine, not a scoring machine. He's going to look to pass to Kobe, if anything.

Look, they're going to be better in the pick and roll defensively. They're going to be a better offensive team. That's a fact. Their backcourt will play matador defense, however. I guarantee it. They will continue to allow teams to murder them on the three point line. They're also still coached by Mike Brown. I've given them credit, but I also realize that their backcourt defense is going to be a thorn in their side.

I can definitely see the logic behind moving him for punking Rowell. However, I think they had like a 70% chance of keeping that pick at 7 or higher. If they moved him simply for insurance, then what a disaster (imo). So much for engaging Utah to "take their pick back".

Also that draft pick is going to be top-seven protected in 2013, and top-six protected 2014. I see no way they don't finish in the bottom 5 both years with their current roster.

Think about what would've happened if Jax stayed, he most likely would've just hot dogged it but also would've been a cancer to the locker room (despite the team being bad, Mark Jackson supposedly had the players' ears. You don't want someone like Jax fucking that up). RJ's contract will have value soon and the first round pick though low at the time was still a good trade chip in case they lost their pick.

I understand it's an unpopular move (I think Monta hit his ceiling as the team's go to option but I really liked Udoh's defense despite playing out of position- on a playoff team, he would've been so good) but pairing a good pg with a good center (potentially given the health concerns) is a good way to build given no high profile player seems to want to play for the W's.

Personally I think the W's are probably going to struggle in NBA purgatory until they get lucky with the Draft and finally pick up a franchise player. FA just don't want to play for the W's and it'll be that way until they actually start winning.

benjipwns

Banned
Gloat for what? If those teams demolish us with Nash and Dwight they would have done the same with Fisher and Bynum starting. If you want to argue that these moves dont make the Lakers a championship favorite thats one thing. The reason you look like a fool is because you are trying to spin that adding Nash and Dwight for Bynum and some draft picks somehow makes the team worse. That's just plain stupid.
You're forgetting that Howard is an offensive liability who can't even beast against weak front courts.

thekad

Banned
Bynum sucks and is an asshole, but on the other hand we can easily tank while he puts up $tat$.

And Bynum, Lamb, and Motiejunas might be pretty good once Wade and Nash retire and the superteams are dead.

You're forgetting that Howard is an offensive liability who can't even beast against weak front courts.

He averages 18-20 PPG with no real point guard and no real other offensive threats outside of 3 point shooters. He will do okay playing with Nash and alongside Kobe and Pau. Liability? Kendrick Perkins is a liability on offense. Calling a guy who can put up 20 PPG as the number one option a "liability" is stupid.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets better not trade Royce White if they do end up going after Bydumb instead... I'll destroy Morey.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
As a Simpsons fan this gives me joy. The also have, in my opinion, the best minor league hat.

Modesto Nuts say "not quite".

pMLB2-2001640dt.jpg

thekad

Banned
Royce White is probably not going to be any good, but at least he'll be really entertaining on a tanking team.

And there's about a 5% chance we'll get Bynum or Dwight. Howard's going to the Nets.

SamuraiX-

Jared Sullinger goes 3-12 FG, but grabs 12 rebounds in his second SL game.

He's really gonna struggle against these bigger, taller, longer defenders, but everybody knew that already.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Royce White is probably not going to be any good, but at least he'll be really entertaining on a tanking team.

And there's about a 5% chance we'll get Bynum or Dwight. Howard's going to the Nets.

Better than Asikhitttttt on a tanking team.

I'm thinking Turner is the odd man out...Thad too.

SO

who has a starting power forward to give up for Mr. Emo do it all and Thaddeus Gibson-Bass?

anybody?

anybody?

pls

Matrix

"David Aldridge: Everybody wants this(Brooklyn) trade to happen but experience is, when you get to 3-4 teams, it's difficult to make it happen. So many moving parts. So many guys who have to sign contracts. It was difficult to get everyone to agree. Orlando wants draft picks. Draft picks Brooklyn was going to send, those weren't going to be very good. Cleveland didn't want to part with their picks. It was hard to make that deal happen. Orlando never stopped talking to other teams. ... Houston is sitting there with a bunch of assets, players, picks. They got Martin, Scola, and a lot of pieces they can put together. Lakers always a possibility but problem is, Bynum has given no indications he'll extend and after giving the Suns all their picks, they have no picks, so it's difficult for them. It could be a multi-team deal, but I don't think this will happen today or tomorrow. It will take a few days. "

This feels like it will never end. A few days for it to break down as well.

Nash also makes them worse defensively. Kobe is a terrible defender that gives up more than he actually tries. Ron Artest has lost a step and continues to lose his marbles. Asking Dwight Howard to make up for everyone else's defensive shortcomings is insane. If he gets into foul trouble that team is soft as tissue defensively.

He's going to get into foul trouble more than Laker's fans would think. Backcourts will get to the rim at will against this team. You thought Sessions was bad against Westbrook? Just wait.

Yeah, Nash's D is such a downgrade from Fisher and Sessions.

And yeah, Kobe's D is so bad James Harden shot 35% against him in their series. Kobe one of the worst defenders.

Your posts have been so salty the past 48 hours. Shit hasn't even happened. Calm down.

They will continue to allow teams to murder them on the three point line.

???????

Tom Penny

Aldrige is right. D12 for Harden Ibaka. How the fuck does D12 go...nah don't want to play with 2 really fucking good players and not look like an asshat?

I didn't say that they're worse. They're better. I'm not convinced they could beat OKC in a seven game series despite either trade. The exact same weaknesses they had last year are still there. You're blind if you can't see that.

Their biggest weakness was that Bynum was too slow to defend Pick-and-roll so Dwight would fix their main weakness.

Also, they lost some of those games against OKC because no one could get the ball into the post when OKC was fronting and Steve Nash is kind of a good passer.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Rockets and Magic discussing direct two-team deals for Dwight-to-HOU & three-team scenario reported by @EricPincus. Story going online now

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Rockets' position strengthened, sources say, by fact no team has yet offered Magic better pick than first-rounder via Toronto in Lowry trade

Well the Wizard may finally get his wish of a gutted team with D12.

edit:eek:k I guess a army of Forwards+D12.

RBH

The Hawks have engaged the Magic in trade talks involving Howard, according to a person with knowledge of the discussions. That person did not want to be identified because the teams involved have not discussed the negotiations publicly.

The Hawks could offer Orlando better players than the Nets. But Atlanta could run the risk of trading away valuable assets only to lose Howard in free agency when his contract expires after next season.

Howard has given no indication he's willing to commit beyond next season to any team other than Brooklyn. He recently told Yahoo Sports that if a team other than the Nets acquired him, he planned to play out his contract and become a free agent next summer.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/hawks-watch-closely-as-1475453.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom