• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blazers not going to offer Hibbert. Not tyin' up that money.

Might as well let Batum walk.. get some major cap space and just wait it out.

You're going to suck with or without Batum.

Unless we can get say D.Williams or Ridnour for Batum.

ummm, they did already offer Hibbert the max, and the pacers matched.

Blazers should just trade Leonard and Lillard for Dwight and sign a random PG from Europe and see if Dwight will leave a great Blazers team for a not as great Hawks team. I mean, why not? They haven't won a playoff series in a decade.

benjipwns

Banned
ummm, they did already offer Hibbert the max, and the pacers matched.
No, they were planning to. Nothing can actually be signed for about four hours still.
The Portland Trail Blazers, convinced the Indiana Pacers will match their offer sheet of 4 years and $58 million to restricted free-agent center Roy Hibbert, will not officially complete the transaction and thereby allow Hibbert to re-sign outright, league sources said Tuesday.

thekad

Banned
Why would Bynum rather extend with Houston than Orlando? Just because his agent thinks Morey is desperate/dumb enough to offer the max?

SUPREME1

Banned
Why would Bynum rather extend with Houston than Orlando? Just because his agent thinks Morey is desperate/dumb enough to offer the max?

Either team would offer the max, you know this. He probably just likes Houston better as a possible place to live. Plus I done told you guys he's all about making as much money as possible... dat lack of state income tax maybe.

Talon

Either team would offer the max, you know this. He probably just likes Houston better as a possible place to live. Plus I done told you guys he's all about making as much money as possible... dat lack of income tax.
I am in Houston right now. I cannot with 100% confidence say Houston is a better place to live than Orlando.

At least you can fly down to Miami whenever you want to.

Omega

Banned
Reading Dwightmare kinda puts things into perspective. Also listening to the author was neat too. Dwight has been really childish (and selfish at times), but at the end of the day he really just wants two things; to win a ring and play in Brooklyn. He's told the Magic front office for years he's losing / lost confidence in them to build a winner. Alternatively he's been "blown away" and captivated by Brooklyn's approach and attitude towards winning. Where he was once undecided about the city (Orlando) - he now just wants out. To start over. He's told friends that going to Brooklyn - he's carving his own path. Building something "new". Going down in history as champions for what he helped create, and not on the backs of other people or past teams.

The longer this drags out the more it just demonizes him. I guess it's good for the league, though (publicity wise).

lol I'm convinced Dwight is more insane than Metta World Peace.

For what he helped create? He wants to go to a team that has Deron, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace.

If you wanted to create something, you would stay in Orlando or go to a team that doesn't have three players that have been all-stars at least once.

Cloudy

Banned
One reason why I'll never in a million years put Kobe on Jordan's level is because of the talent he has played with. Big Shot Bob, Gasol, Bynum, Shaq, possibly Dwight, etc. The guy has had the luxury of playing with all stars nearly his whole career.

Big Shot Bob and Bynum have ONE career allstar selection combined lol. Gasol has what, 4? in how many years

I am in Houston right now. I cannot with 100% confidence say Houston is a better place to live than Orlando.

At least you can fly down to Miami whenever you want to.

He'll be making $20 million a year. Wherever he lives he'll be able to fly to Miami whenever he wants to.

RBH

25_HowardSmith225159.JPG

bjb

Banned
lol I'm convinced Dwight is more insane than Metta World Peace.

For what he helped create? He wants to go to a team that has Deron, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace.

If you wanted to create something, you would stay in Orlando or go to a team that doesn't have three players that have been all-stars at least once.

I agree. But the book and author paint a pretty clear picture how he just gradually lost faith in Orlando. He felt like he was being embarrassed. There was a major lack of communication. Between him, his people and the front office. Even though it seems the Magic did everything they could to satisfy his needs. It reached a point where he quit (even before his back problems) last season and had zero confidence in the team moving forward.

Other players were in his ear. Friends and advisers told him he will -never- win in Orlando. And it seems over time he thought that they were just using him to sell tickets. He's also well aware that he could ultimately make a lot more money and grow his brand in New York outside of basketball.

That being said, it came down to staying or going to Brooklyn. Now he really just wants to be in Brooklyn, and has no desire to really play elsewhere long term.

He'll sign an extension wherever he goes. It's just talk, at this point.

No he won't, because he'll make less money. It's beneficial for him not to sign an extension and re-sign in the offseason. For some reason, the Magic are scared he'll leave 25 million on the table to sign somewhere else.

SamuraiX-

You can't be serious? Even if Curry and Bogut are healthy - they're lottery bound for sure.
In the Eastern Conference.

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Bench:
Andris Biedrins
Richard Jefferson
Draymond Green
Festus Ezeli

^ 23 wins last season with no Bogut and essentially no Curry. Klay will probably improve this season, Barnes will play better than people expect and I think they'll be a better team overall without the Curry/Ellis dynamic.

Not terribly difficult seeing this team winning 35-40 games. Especially with Dallas, Houston, and Phoenix all expected to fall off this year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That story is probably fake.

I remember when Rashard was supposedly doing Lebron's girlfriend and thats why he struggled in the playoffs that one year.

Guess that one wasnt true.

SUPREME1

Banned
That story is probably fake.

I remember when Rashard was supposedly doing Lebron's girlfriend and thats why he struggled in the playoffs that one year.

Guess that one wasnt true.

The Nash/Rich story was true.

LeBron/Rashard was fake. It was herpes boy, no not Wade, fucking LeBron's mom.

pilonv1

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Bench:
Andris Biedrins
Richard Jefferson
Draymond Green
Festus Ezeli

^ 23 wins last season with no Bogut and essentially no Curry. Klay will probably improve this season, Barnes will play better than people expect and I think they'll be a better team overall without the Curry/Ellis dynamic.

Not terribly difficult seeing this team winning 35-40 games. Especially with Dallas, Houston, and Phoenix all expected to fall off this year.

Biedrins sucks.

You're also forgetting Brandon Rush (who will be matched regardless), Dominic McGuire, and Charles Jenkins. Plus they have a full MLE and biannual exeption to use on a backup PG and PF.

Well, she obviously did. Don't see how that makes it less awkward.

Nash is big on family. That shit must have hurt. One of the reasons why JRich got shipped to ORL in the first place.
Well there are player's wives who go after players, and then there's Delonte West and Lebron's Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom