• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

marc stein: Hawks, I'm told, still think they're alive in Dwight trade chase. With plenty of pieces to offer and Josh Smith to lobby Howard to stay

We're probably not alive.

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Hawks, I'm told, still think they're alive in Dwight trade chase. With plenty of pieces to offer and Josh Smith to lobby Howard to stay

lol

With what? "Yo, Dwight!! WE GOT A FUCKTON OF CAP SPACE, MAN! JUST SO MUCH CAP SPACE! IT'S LIKE DROWNING IN A SEA OF HOOKERS AND COCAINE!"

Unless Ferry has plans to steal a franchise player from unsuspecting team, I doubt Dwight stays around in Atlanta until he's 30 hoping that help will come.

Anyone that says Jordan did it on his own must be young. He played with some of the best defensive players of all time. Scottie was a fucking beast. He was the defensive version of Jordan. Jordan would embarrass you on O and Scottie would steal your fucking soul on D. Best Combo ever in Basketball. And I say this as a Lakers fan.

Just for the record Magic>Pippen

I'm so pissed the Bulls aren't in this. Fucking offer ORL any 2 of Boozer, Deng, Noah plus CHA pick plus our first. Take JRich or Turk if we must. Throw in Mirotic if thats what it takes to close the deal.

If he doesn't re-sign with us once his contract is up oh fucking well now we have a ton of cap space and a
rejuvenated, in his prime?
Rose ready to reload.

Not like we have some amazing contracts we just gotta keep as the 3 aforementioned Bulls are all slightly-to-heavily overpaid. Win win in my eyes.

So its "balls deep or nothing" for you and the Bulls?

thekad

Banned
All I know is if Bydumb is traded to Houston, I'm taking him first on my fantasy team.

Rockets will probably only win 30 games, but dat $tatline. He even brings 3s.

SamuraiX-

What the Dorell Wright trade means for the Warriors:
Financial constraints kept the Warriors very quiet until the final day of the moratorium, when they dealt Dorell Wright to Philadelphia for the rights to Edin Bavcic, who will remain in Europe. Trading Wright clears minutes for Harrison Barnes. Also, his $4 million comes off the books and gets Golden State below the luxury tax far enough to use both the mid-level and bi-annual exceptions. It may not seem like much, but some flexibility is better than no flexibility.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well, she obviously did. Don't see how that makes it less awkward.

Nash is big on family. That shit must have hurt. One of the reasons why JRich got shipped to ORL in the first place.

Nash was cheating on his wife first... I think most basketball wives deal with it but Nash was wilding out and it became public..

Steve Nash is a secret party animal
stevenash-750689.jpg

thekad

Banned
@MaxLuckan

The deal in the works, involving the #Rockets, #Lakers, and #Magic would have Dwight Howard along with Jason Richardson in LA, Andrew Bynum along with Jordan Hill and Duhon in HOU, and 2 future 1st picks 2 of there prospects from the 2012 draft in ORL.

Take with an ounce of Frankman's salt.

Omega

Banned
It's like people forget Jordan couldn't get out of the first round till Scottie showed up.

To be fair, didn't Jordan play the Celtics 3 times, Pistons twice? I think he also lost to Milwaukee. It's not like he was losing to scrub teams.

Oh there is someone thinking it.

Then that person should be banned from basketball. I've said some ridiculous things but that's just on a whole different level.

Karakand

You can't even think about banning player cross team discussions about that unless you also want to ban nba all star weekend, any nba run charity events/games in the summer, and ban nba players from the olympics.

God forbid players don't want to waste 90% of their prime playing with shit teammates with shit gms/owners. Don't like it? Either surround them with better talent or be smart like the jazz and trade a guy with 1.5+ years left so he's not just a rental.

You don't own players and their minds. Dealwithit.

Work for my money??? Outrageous!! *monocle falls out* -every fuckstupid billionaire owner in the NBA

Miami is still a better team.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Glock/ DJO
JRich/Hill/Ebanks
Pau/McRoberts
Dwight/Murphy

Chalmers/Cole
Ray/Wade
Bron/Shard
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Pittman

I don't know if I would flat out say MIA would be better. LAL would be a hell of a lot more cohesive, while MIA would be quicker/more athletic.

Dwight inside kinda fucks up a lot of their easy offense.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Glock/ DJO
JRich/Hill/Ebanks
Pau/McRoberts
Dwight/Murphy

Chalmers/Cole
Ray/Wade
Bron/Shard
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Pittman

I don't know if I would flat out say MIA would be better. LAL would be a hell of a lot more cohesive, while MIA would be quicker/more athletic.

I see what you are saying. LAL would have a slow tempo, set up type of offense. MIA fastbreak. Only thing is that Nash can't score in bunches but can pass like a god.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Glock/ DJO
JRich/Hill/Ebanks
Pau/McRoberts
Dwight/Murphy

Chalmers/Cole
Ray/Wade
Bron/Shard
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Pittman

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

They think they have a better chance of signing Bynum long term rather than Dwight

Which is dumb. No one is leaving 25 mil on the table. Maybe Dwight will throw a tantrum again but he isn't up and leaving.

But hey, if Houston ain't about that life Mitch is willing to deal with big egos.

SamuraiX-

doesn't make sense at all. Why would Orlando want 2 draft picks + 2 rookies instead of 3 draft picks + brook lopez?

Houston's picks would be far more valuable and Lamb may very well turn out to be a Top 3 SG in this last draft and could be a promising piece.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Take with an ounce of Frankman's salt.

LOL Jordan Hill... again

"“Dwight does control this, still,” another source directly involved in the talks said Tuesday"

Fuck you.... you're worse than Lebron.

giga

Personally, I'd like them to not trade his ass and then force him to be a free agent next summer. If you want to play in Brooklyn so bad, go do it on your own and take less money.

doesn't make sense at all. Why would Orlando want 2 draft picks + 2 rookies instead of 3 draft picks + brook lopez?

One of those draft picks from Houston are probably from the Lowry trade with Toronto. Which would most likely end up a lottery pick unless Toronto makes the playoffs for the next 5 years or get very lucky in the draft.

And Lopez is one of the worst rebounding centers in the league. I feel sorry for the team who would give him a max contract,

SamuraiX-

Personally, I'd like them to not trade his ass and then force him to be a free agent next summer. If you want to play in Brooklyn so bad, go do it on your own and take less money.

This is nice and all but then you realize that he'll probably go to Brooklyn regardless and now the star trio that's representing your franchise is JaMEE, J-Rich, and Turkeyglue and your future is looking a lot more bleak than it would be if you just took any of these trades.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Every hour is something else. The only good thing is Dwight prob feeling held hostage just like the rest of the league.

He's a fucking idiot and I hope he does feel trapped, he put himself in this mess.

Still cause he's a superstar he will get his way eventually.

Emwitus

Man, miami is going to be unstoppable in nba2k......wowzers!! Allen for 3333333333333333333333333333333333!!

Boy, do i hate that team tho. I hope if anything dwight lands in nets, bounces miami and they get bounced by the knicks. From there whoever comes out of the west wins by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom