• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
I think he planted his seed as a matter of fact.
We've been over this:
Steve-Nash-Ex-Wife-and-Matteo.jpg

My man crash towards Bismack Biyombo grows each time I see an interview with him. If he were on a good team or in a bigger market the national media would be crazy about him.

Big Shot Bob and Bynum have ONE career allstar selection combined lol. Gasol has what, 4? in how many years

How many players did Jordan play with that were MVP candidates? Shaq and Nash have both won MVPs. Gasol is an all star. If they get Dwight, Dwight has been an MVP candidate for years now. I'd say that playing with three MVP caliber players in your career, on top of winning MVPs yourself is a pretty big talent pool to be a part of.

SUPREME1

Banned
How many players did Jordan play with that were MVP candidates? Shaq and Nash have both won MVPs. Gasol is an all star. If they get Dwight, Dwight has been an MVP candidate for years now. I'd say that playing with three MVP caliber players in your career, on top of winning MVPs yourself is a pretty big talent pool to be a part of.

B-b-b-but I don't see how Dwight would help the Lakers.

Let's also not get crazy here and make it seem like Kobe is getting prime Nash. He's getting 38-yr old Nash with back issues. His MVP days are long gone.

They continue to see if they can use Dan Gadzuric, whose contract is non-guaranteed, in a sign-and-trade. They're looking at wing players and exploring whether they can get Dahntay Jones from Indiana in a trade, a league source said.
Dahntay Jones? Ehhh not bad, good defender and can hit threes. He's no Courtney Lee though.

B-b-b-but I don't see how Dwight would help the Lakers.

Let's also not get crazy here and make it seem like Kobe is getting prime Nash. He's getting 38-yr old Nash with back issues. His MVP days are long gone.

You can even make an argument that Nash is no longer a top 5 pg anymore.

LuchaShaq

Banned
You can't even think about banning player cross team discussions about that unless you also want to ban nba all star weekend, any nba run charity events/games in the summer, and ban nba players from the olympics.

God forbid players don't want to waste 90% of their prime playing with shit teammates with shit gms/owners. Don't like it? Either surround them with better talent or be smart like the jazz and trade a guy with 1.5+ years left so he's not just a rental.

You don't own players and their minds. Dealwithit.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Eric Gordon should just take his QO and become a UFA next summer if he really wants out. There, I solved your problem for you.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Why would Bynum rather extend with Houston than Orlando? Just because his agent thinks Morey is desperate/dumb enough to offer the max?

Because Houston has better teammates, a better coach (a coach), a better front office, a better owner, oh and is an infinitely better city!

SamuraiX-

The minimum team salary, which is set at 85% of the Salary Cap, is $49.337 million for the 2012-13 season

Good.

I hope the Maloofs go into tens of millions of dollars of debt and then proceed to go fuck themselves while new owners step in.

Westbrook and Rose are more athletic, sure, but as traditional point guards? I still think Nash is better.

I wasn't going for "pure" point guards, as just point guards in general. And while Rose & Westbrook may not be traditional pass first point guards, they can have just a big of impact on your team as cp3 or Nash would.

I even forgot to list Rondo. It's definitely debatable.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wasn't going for "pure" point guards, as just point guards in general. And while Rose & Westbrook may not be traditional pass first point guards, they can have just a big of impact on your team as cp3 or Nash would.

I even forgot to list Rondo. It's definitely debatable.
Yeah, I forgot about Rondo too. Either way, the Lakers would be better off with a pass first point guard than someone else fighting for shots with Kobe/Gasol/Howard.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude who broke the initial Howard deal w/ Cav involved Sunday.

Oh okay... well we all saw how that worked out.

Still Howard will get his way in the end... they always do.

My trust in insiders and sources has gone completely down the tube once DocRocket from Clutchfans proved he doesn't know shit anymore.

First, Michael >>>>>>> Kobe.

Second, lol at the idea Michael did it all on his own. Scottie was a nobody! Dennis Rodman was a chump! Michael would've won all those titles anyways, just like he did before either of them showed up! Right?! ...Right?

Oh. Riiiiiight.

sigh...

no shit sherlock.

Here's the thing, after reading that article about him wanting to build a winner and forge his own path, etc, I can respect it, but after 1 season in L.A., he'd be ready to re-up.

All the shit about increasing his brand? The Lakers ARE LA. Any deal he could get there, he could get here with ease.

Ultimately, I'm good either way. If he comes, fine, hopefully his back is fine. If he doesn't, well, we got Nash and get a few bench pieces.

It's already been a good summer, this would just be icing.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Blazers should just trade Leonard and Lillard for Dwight and sign a random PG from Europe and see if Dwight will leave a great Blazers team for a not as great Hawks team. I mean, why not? They haven't won a playoff series in a decade.

We'd have probably the best 4/5 combo in the League.. but the worst 1/2/3 combo in just about forever.

I could see it now: Nolan Smith/E.Williams/Luke Babbit/LA/D12

We might win 20 games.

Our bench would consist of Kurt Thomas and Will Barton and whatever D-Leagues we could call up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
To be fair, almost every offer they've gotten so far has been pure shit.

No one really knows what Morey has offered. We know what the Rockets have, but no one has come out and listed the rookies etc involved.

Nets is obvs pure shit and if Bydumb won't resign with the Magic like reports say... then the Lakers dont have anything else to offer.

First, Michael >>>>>>> Kobe.

Second, lol at the idea Michael did it all on his own. Scottie was a nobody! Dennis Rodman was a chump! Michael would've won all those titles anyways, just like he did before either of them showed up! Right?! ...Right?

Oh. Riiiiiight.

It's like people forget Jordan couldn't get out of the first round till Scottie showed up.

I'm so pissed the Bulls aren't in this. Fucking offer ORL any 2 of Boozer, Deng, Noah plus CHA pick plus our first. Take JRich or Turk if we must. Throw in Mirotic if thats what it takes to close the deal.

If he doesn't re-sign with us once his contract is up oh fucking well now we have a ton of cap space and a
rejuvenated, in his prime?
Rose ready to reload.

Not like we have some amazing contracts we just gotta keep as the 3 aforementioned Bulls are all slightly-to-heavily overpaid. Win win in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom