• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

d5GNQ.png

Nets president Billy King and Lopez’s agent, Arn Tellem, are finalizing the length of the deal – four years for $58 million, or five years for $78 million – and ironing out protections on the back end to account for a right foot that Lopez broke twice in the past year, sources said.

billy king

why wouldnt they?

Who else has showed interest in Lopez? Why are they starting the bidding at the highest amount possible?

Once the deal is done they have 48 hours to trade him or he stays on The Nets. Maybe it's a bit of an ultimatum, but they don't seem to have the leverage for a move like this to work. I hope they sign it tonight and ORL doesn't pull the trigger in the following 48 hours. They'd be stuck with max contract guy who is injury prone and who when healthy is above average.

Mxrz

Might as well keep Howard and go all out for Paul next season too. Nothing still beats being tied to a $60mil Lopez. I like our odds of getting them both a bit more than getting anything decent at this point, and the result is practically the same either way.

I think calling Bropez injury-prone is a bit unfair, he never missed a game before this year. However, there hasn't been a season in his career where he showed he actually helped his team win games so the contract is unbelievably terrible because of that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Was there anyone actually interested in the Nets garbage of free agents they were trying to trade? I swear no one knew they were free agents until word leaked they were still desperately trying to get D12.

Was there anyone actually interested in the Nets garbage of free agents they were trying to trade? I swear no one knew they were free agents until word leaked they were still desperately trying to get D12.

Cavs and Cats....kinda. Cats wanted to dump a shit contract on someone in the process, Cavs operate on pure salt.

Branduil

If Dwight is traded elsewhere the Nets are going to be locked into a core of Deron/Joe/Wallace/Hump?/Bropez for the next four years. That's a lot of money for an annual second-round exit at best.

giga

If Brook signs that contract, he can't be traded until December. So…unless Billy King sucks a mean cock that's not happening offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom