• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

sunday white is so MINE!

fjhTW.jpg

This looks so wrong.

Just so horribly wrong.

Why haven't we resigned T-Will yet?

Puddles

Banned
Man, a league stuck in lebron mode is gonna suck. Don't get me wrong tho, lebron is an all time great player but man does watching his game bore me to shreds. His moves look ugly as heck.

With any luck, LeBron will start declining in a year or two, and we can welcome in a Kevin Durant future.

You really sure do trust his maul-tiple sources don't you, Ryutaro's Penny?

"I-I-I-I spoke to LeBraaaaaaa Jaaaaanes and he tol me in a personal tweet dat he spoke to Ray Alll-leen and he is een the fii-nawl stages of inking a deal dat will make him a member of the Mai-yami Heat."

SamuraiX-

I can't wait until next season when all the owners look like the bunch of clowns they are for all these horrible contracts from this offseason.

Beginning with the 2013-2014 NBA Season, though, the NBA will implement a much harsher luxury tax system. Under that system, a team that exceeds the luxury tax threshold by $25 million would have to pay a tax bill of about $64 million.

A team $20 million over the threshold would owe $45 million, while a team $10 million over the threshold would owe $16.25 million.

No, those are not typos, and yes, I’m sure.

So don’t expect to see any payrolls approaching $100 million in the near future. If that happened, it could create a scenario in which the taxpaying team would be paying more in luxury taxes than its actual payroll. For example, if the tax threshold was $75 million and a team managed to field a payroll of $115 million, the tax charge in that instance would be about $135 million.

Under the new system, tax-paying teams will pay an incremental tax that is higher the more they exceed the cap. The NBA’s purpose was to make the tax so oppressive that teams would be more discerning with their payrolls. Small market owners wanted the tax to be so oppressive that even the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, and Celtics would be reluctant to pay it. It’s the second best thing to a hard cap.

Owners: What do you mean it's our fault we're losing money every season!?

With the 2011 CBA, the NBA changed the economic landscape of the league and as a result, owners will probably be more discerning when signing free agents to long-term contracts.

ahahahhahahahaha

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I can't wait until next season when all the owners look like the bunch of clowns they are for all these horrible contracts from this offseason.

ahahahhahahahaha

It's like they have no idea what the rules of the new CBA are, and they're about to go "Oh fuck" once they realize what they've done with these contracts

thekad

Banned
It's like they made a huge windfall when they negotiated the players down to 50/50 profit sharing and protected their stupidity with shorter contracts, mini-MLEs and so forth.

Nelo Ice

Banned

ahahahhahahahaha
Naw its just bullshit the Lakers and some other teams have competent GMs and owners. Clearly it's their fault there are super teams that break competitive balance.

Emwitus

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This Dwight stuff needs to end so we can get back to the important topics. Like how Nash/Kobe is the greatest backcourt in NBA history.

GaimeGuy

This Dwight stuff needs to end so we can get back to the important topics. Like how Nash/Kobe is the greatest backcourt in NBA history.

lol, no.

Cousy/Sharman and Thomas/Dumars are the best.

Sheridan also said the lock out would be over like two weeks into it.

Fuck that guy. Didn't he get fired from ESPN? The place that currently employs Mr Multiple Sources?

GaimeGuy

Denied.

Kobe needs to put some shots up from 3 this summer. 30% aint cutting it for me. He needs that to make those 1-2 plays really work

You would seriously rank old kobe and old nash over Cousy/Sharmon, Thomas/Dumars, Jordan/Harper, Jordan/Pippen (at point), and Frazier/Monroe?

Plus, Thomas/Dumars had Vinnie Johnson on the bench. Who the fuck do the lakers have?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You would seriously rank old kobe and old nash over Cousy/Sharmon, Thomas/Dumars, Jordan/Harper, Jordan/Pippen (at point), and Frazier/Monroe?

Plus, Thomas/Dumars had Vinnie Johnson on the bench. Who the fuck do the lakers have?

Im spouting pure hyperbole. You took it too far man. You took it too far.

NOT CARLOS BOOZER ‏@CBoozScreams

I MEAN HOW IS OMER WORTH $25 MIL HE CANT EVEN SHOOT JUMPERS. WISH I WAS A FREE AGENT AGAIN, I'M 2X AS GOOD AS HIM ON OFFENSE. ‪#50MMFORBOOZ
I wish I finished the Photoshop where Boozer screamed so forcefully his jam unhinged and showed his vocal chords and brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom