• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

A different source said the Bulls were exploring sign-and-trade possibilities that could send Kyle Korver to the Minnesota Timberwolves or Atlanta Hawks, although his return to the Bulls hasn’t been ruled out.

The decision to pick up Korver’s $5 million option for next season doesn’t have to be made until Sunday.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...nie-brewer-go-kyle-korver-in-trade-talks.html

Free agent point guard Jonny Flynn has worked out for Hawks and is visiting Bulls on Friday, source said. Cavaliers also interested.
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/222837820719501312

Rob Parker basically saying the Heat lucked their way to the title then declares "If the Nets acquire Dwight Howard they will be their kryptonite"

o rly?

I'd laugh at the Nets and Heat signing busted old guys, but OKC will probably be in the same boat after we extend Harden...

What's funny about that? That's the money you spend on with your chump change in the salary cap

Shinobi

I'm seriously confused about what the Sixers are putting together. I can't figure it out.

I noticed the Iggy/Raptors trade that's seemingly been on the table for like five years now went cold again. Think there's still a chance that'll happen? Haven't heard anything up here.

Shinobi

So...Dwight traded yet?

Are-We-There-Yet.jpg

So espn's newest Article on the nets titled something like "Nets to resolve Howard situation" literally leaves us with nothing. 'The nets might they might not eh we'll have to see' is what I just read

I have to say I would be shocked if Dwight came to LA. No way he wants to step into the shadow cast by the greatest centers ever. He could be traded to the Nets, blow his back out in training camp, never play one min of basketball with the team and be the best center they ever had

johnschuhmann
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Deron Williams & Jerry Stackhouse share the same agent.

Well, that explains that.

What story? 3's?? MGS3 is god tier.

4's is terrible. I can't imagine the story in 3 making it any more coherent.

I have to say I would be shocked if Dwight came to LA. No way he wants to step into the shadow cast by the greatest centers ever. He could be traded to the Nets, blow his back out in training camp, never play one min of basketball with the team and be the best center they ever had

Benoit Benjamin wants to have a word with you.

But he could do so much with the lakers that just won't happen with the nets. It's just a fact that LA is by far the more successful franchise. In the long run he'd have a better shot at winning in Los Angeles, but hey maybe he doesn't care about that so much

But he could do so much with the lakers that just won't happen with the nets. It's just a fact that LA is by far the more successful franchise. In the long run he'd have a better shot at winning in Los Angeles, but hey maybe he doesn't care about that so much

Dwights not the brightest chap though. Course if he just wanted recognition he could stay in ORL.

fuck the haters MGS4 was awesome.

I love it too. The ending really did piss me off though. It went from amazing to utterly stupid.

Well, that explains that.

4's is terrible. I can't imagine the story in 3 making it any more coherent.

Benoit Benjamin wants to have a word with you.

3's is actually really excellent. Don't judge 3 based on 4.

Also Benjamin didn't even have that great a record when he was with the Nets. Didn't he put up his best season with the Clips? Or was it with the Sonics?

Shinobi

The key pieces with the Nets are younger then the ones with the Lakers. On that basis alone, it makes more sense for D12 to go to the Nets over the Lakers if winning is the goal.

The problem of course is D12 himself doesn't seem to know WTF he wants, so how the hell should we?

On a related note...

@KBergCBS Neither Andrew Bynum nor his agent has been contacted by any team to gauge his interest in signing a long-term deal if traded, source says.

So while there's four teams out there trying to get a mind-changing, management murdering, PR nightmare diva coming off back surgery, nobody seems to care all that much about Bynum at the moment. Just some food for thought.

I noticed the Iggy/Raptors trade that's seemingly been on the table for like five years now went cold again. Think there's still a chance that'll happen? Haven't heard anything up here.

They need post depth, I don't think the Raptors have what they need there.

If Biyombo develops into an NBA starter, I could see the Bobcats shocking the world and getting to 16 wins this year.

IF Biyombo develops into an NBA starter? Biz is going to lay the smack down on Rudy Gay and let him know we're gunning for 20 wins this year.

So ready for Friday

2012 bobcats - best summer league team of the decade

4 of our likely 5 starters are going to be there, along with our head coach. I can't wait to see it either.

The key pieces with the Nets are younger then the ones with the Lakers. On that basis alone, it makes more sense for D12 to go to the Nets over the Lakers if winning is the goal.

The problem of course is D12 himself doesn't seem to know WTF he wants, so how the hell should we?

If he was an unrestricted FA then that would matter more.

Keith McCullough says fuck you.

On a related note...

So while there's four teams out there trying to get a mind-changing, management murdering, PR nightmare diva coming off back surgery, nobody seems to care all that much about Bynum at the moment. Just some food for thought.

That's because everyone know Bynum is a mercenary put a max contract in front of him and he'll sign it on paper, an iPad, a speak'n'spell whatever. He just wants to get paid.

That's because everyone know Bynum is a mercenary put a max contract in front of him and he'll sign it on paper, an iPad, a speak'n'spell whatever. He just wants to get paid.

Yeah exactly.

MGS 2 3 and 4 weren't very fun to me..

Tanker level of 2 is absolutely one of the top 10 gaming experiences for me of all time.
MGS 3 has brilliant boss designs(The END!!!)

Blackace how can you not find that ish fun? Or is it the overall mechanics you don't like.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

On a related note...

The fact that it is a trade and not him going as a free agent means doesn't really matter what the key pieces are..

Benoit Benjamin was a joke. He was about as average as average can be when he played for the Nets.

Dwight + Deron + Joe obviously has a longer shelf life than Dwight + Kobe + Nash.

The story is objectively terrible. The writing is flat out bad. I know the general story beats from 3, from being on the internet for my entire adult life.

4 is actually my favorite game in the series, because the gameplay and scenarios are awesome. But on my second playthrough (yeah, I played it twice), I was just skipping the cutscenes.

So what caused the Dwight to Brooklyn trade to collapse?

Reality. Which is that several teams would have to go out of their way to send Dwight to NYC or LA, and it would be better for 28 other teams if that didn't happen.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Anyone that hates on MGS4 or MGS3 has no soul.

Also, Claver and Freeland coming over to Portland from Europe. Interested in Freeland (big man), and don't really care about Claver because he will probably turn into another whiny Spaniard.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Miles has 16-7 against Sullenger, Noel and Sean Williams. He's had a decent summer league and might be a decent bench player for the Pacers once he actually gets in NBA shape
juices

Doing better than Drummond anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom