• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

Just crossed my mind, but if it turns out to be Heat vs. Thunder again next finals...its gonna be revenge time for Zombie Sonics (Ray & Shard) vs. OKC!

Wait so is this confirmed that Howard deal will be announced today? Anything I read seems to be speculation (or a joke) aka "Magic accidentally trade Dwight to themselves on 23 team deal".
I'd love to see Dwight go to LA, however ESPN did say that if the nets made a deal it would have to happen quickly. I'm just worried the announcement will be for Brooklyn. I'd like to see Kobe get 1 more and Nash+Howard would make that very possible.

benjipwns

Banned
Wait so is this confirmed that Howard deal will be announced today? Anything I read seems to be speculation (or a joke) aka "Magic accidentally trade Dwight to themselves on 23 team deal".
Chris Sheridan sued Peter Vecsey for libel over the Melo trade.

Take that as you will.

That said, most of these guys get it well enough, except they do all screw up from time to time depending on who their sources are. On a lot of this big stuff, they miss more than they hit because there's so much noise. On the lower end, Chad Ford infamously announced Corey Maggette signed with either Denver or Utah (I forget) and ESPN ran with this for a week, in reality, Maggette had never even talked to the team.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm not sure why reporters rush on twitter to be the first to break a trade or a signing.

Skip Bayless could break every important nba deal for the next 10 seasons and I'd still never watch him on tv or read anything he wrote.

Chad Ford/Hollinger could tweet fifty bad rumors a day and I'd still want to read their actual articles.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Naw its just bullshit the Lakers and some other teams have competent GMs and owners. Clearly it's their fault there are super teams that break competitive balance.

Even more unfair when small market teams like the Spurs/OKC etc have good management.

You are a small market, stop winning and making money y'all making us look bad!

jjasper

I am reasonably impressed we got Speights, Arthur, and Bayless for around 12million a year and still no one really going after Mayo. Man just murdered his stock in the playoffs.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I would like to see the Celtics or the Bulls make a run at Mayo..

Shinobi

I am reasonably impressed we got Speights, Arthur, and Bayless for around 12million a year and still no one really going after Mayo. Man just murdered his stock in the playoffs.

Mayo, like Harrison Barnes before and James Harden after, went and set his money on FIRE.

If this matchup happened two years ago, it would have been entirely true. Not far from the truth now.

Eh...I'd have to think about that. Kobe's defense was going sideways even then.

Now five years ago? We might have something there. MIGHT.

Bowser

lol Skip trying to take away some validation

"this was the nicest NBA finals I've ever seen. just right in lebron's comfort zone"

Skip's just a straight hater. I'm not the biggest fan of LeBron and I was rooting for the Thunder in the Finals, but Skip's just on another level. He's infuriating.

Skip's just a straight hater. I'm not the biggest fan of LeBron and I was rooting for the Thunder in the Finals, but Skip's just on another level. He's infuriating.

Yeah I don't think he makes his shit up but he is so stubborn that there is no end to try to prove something he originally believed, never wants to change his mind.

They just went on break and said "Favre or Rodgers for one game, this debate will get heated"

No it won't, dumb ass Rob Parker will slobber all over Rodgers and Skip will slobber all over Favre. Same shit I saw in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom