• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that DeVos has the final say on anything regarding Dwight and the thinking is that if he's not going to be able to win a championship before he dies then he can at least do a nice gesture as a thank you to the best player in franchise history.

the player who doesn't even like the franchise

SoulPlaya

more money than God
First Take is so much better without SAS jumping up and down over nonsense. They've actually had some decent debate today.

Mxrz

I've heard that DeVos has the final say on anything regarding Dwight and the thinking is that if he's not going to be able to win a championship before he dies then he can at least do a nice gesture as a thank you to the best player in franchise history.

This is a terrifying thought. Hopefully he'll think about the fans for, you know, supporting all this shit and not royallydic--Nevermind. What's the NFL like?

DeVos is a nice guy

Orlando Snaq wasn't as good as Dwight, better offense but Dwight's D + rebounding puts him over the top

1531n44.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
Rivers says he has worked at pg during minicamp so far.

Rivers also says Darius Miller was a steal. Says he has made big shots at Kentucky and already made big shots during scrimmages.

Rivers said Anthony Davis is everything he thought he'd be.

Rivers described the PG position he worked at as an "attacking point."

GarrettNola:
Austin Rivers just spoke to the media after practice and said you can throw the ball at the shot clock and Anthony Davis can create a shot
Welp, guess we will see if Austin rivers can learn to give some fucks.

Good to hear Anthony davis is looking good and seemingly healthy.

......also not sure if posted, or if anyone gives two shits:

The Clippers have discussed signing Bellinelli with their mini mid-level exception and various sign-and-trades with the Hornets, one of which involves small forward Ryan Gomes and a pick heading to New Orleans.
I guess why not. Fill out the roster and get a pick for someone we weren't going to resign.

Jonm1010

Banned
DRUMMOND WENT TWO-FOR-TWO FROM THE FREE THROW LINE

THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT
Even Ray Charles would be bound to hit two free throws in a row eventually.....though I'm not going to anoint Drummond just yet....he's got a ways to go before he can shoot from the line as good as a blind person.

....I'm so glad he didn't fall to us. I don't even know if my original thinking that it would take Drummond three years to develop into a competent center is correct. The guy is hot garbage.

Orlando Shaq averaged 13-14RPG and 3-3.5BPG wtf son.

Look at block % and total rebound %, Dwight is significantly ahead of Shaq on those. Those Magic teams were pretty ordinary on D even with guys like Horace Grant and Donald Royal.

Regardless it's arguable, the point was that Dwight played for the Magic much longer and tried hard in pretty much every game which puts him about Shaq as best player in franchise history

abuC

Look at block % and total rebound %, Dwight is significantly ahead of Shaq on those. Those Magic teams were pretty ordinary on D even with guys like Horace Grant and Donald Royal.

You can check all the advanced stats you want, Orlando Shaq was much better than Dwight.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You can check all the advanced stats you want, Orlando Shaq was much better than Dwight.

Yeah, especially if we are comparing Dwight's first years to Shaq's first years. It's not even close. And those early Magic teams sucked with Dwight. Shaq made Orlando instant contenders.

Regardless it's arguable, the point was that Dwight played for the Magic much longer and tried hard in pretty much every game which puts him about Shaq as best player in franchise history

Dude completely sandbagged last season while he demanded to be traded....

Vestal

Shaq put up better numbers against better competition than Dwight.

Yeah seriously...

Shaqs peers during Orlando Era

Robinson
Ewing
Hakeem
Mutombo
Mourning
Divac
Daugherty

Most of them in their PRIMES.....

Dwights Peers

Andrew Bynum
Perkins
Hibbert

Ok lets just stop that converstation now LOL

Jonm1010

Banned
Ric Bucher says that the current Team USA would beat the Dream Team.

WHAT?!
Bucher also said yesterday on TV that the hornets would sign and trade Gordon.....then ten minutes later went on his twitter and said no way hornets trade Gordon, they're matching and he's staying.

The guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Unless I'm mistaken Brooklyn can't trade for Dwight straight up. So uhm yeah again what is with teams hilariously overpaying everyone?!

linsivvi

Orlando Shaq averaged 13-14RPG and 3-3.5BPG wtf son.

And against much better competition.

I also laugh at all the revisionist who said Shaq wasn't at his prime when he went against the Rockets in the Final. Sure his team got swept and Hakeem schooled him but his numbers were still pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, especially if we are comparing Dwight's first years to Shaq's first years. It's not even close. And those early Magic teams sucked with Dwight. Shaq made Orlando instant contenders.

Shaq made the Magic a playoff team but Penny and Horace made them contenders.

I was pretty clearly talking about Dwight right now and only defensively. Dwight didn't get really good until about 2007 (and really didn't come into his own offensively until maybe 2009) and I'd also argue that Dwight got further with less whereas Shaq had pretty stacked teams in Orlando.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Shaq made the Magic a playoff team but Penny and Horace made them contenders.

I was pretty clearly talking about Dwight right now and only defensively. Dwight didn't get really good until about 2007 (and really didn't come into his own offensively until maybe 2009) and I'd also argue that Dwight got further with less whereas Shaq had pretty stacked teams in Orlando.

Right, which is farcical to compare prime-Dwight to nonprime-Shaq. Any which way you slice it, Shaq was better.

SamuraiX-

I think I'm just gonna prepare myself for Dwight not going anywhere.

Yup. I'm calling it. He'll finish out his contract in Orlando and walk away next offseason, leaving the Magic with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom