• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
He went through the 62 win Celtics and 66 win Cavs in 2009

here's the Shaq teams: 35 win Celtics, Bulls without Jordan, 52 win Indiana in the Finals run

Bulls had Jordan..

Also, the Eastern Conference was much tougher back then. It wasn't three teams with 60 win seasons and the other 12 with 41 or less.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
ONLY Nets can give Lopez five-year max. So Nets surely asking Brook to be patient & as reward promising Year 5 cash if Dwight trade unravels

So they're pretty much begging Deron to opt out and be stuck with Lopez for an extra year lol.

darkside's boyfriend.
ryan_anderson.jpg

"OH DARKSIDE......"

He went through the 62 win Celtics and 66 win Cavs in 2009

here's the Shaq teams: 35 win Celtics, Bulls without Jordan, 52 win Indiana in the Finals run

The Celtics that didn't have KG but still took them 7 games to beat? The ones that came back the following year and basically swept the Magic?

Cmon man.

"@LakersReporter: * @MettaWorldPeace is in outstanding shape; light years ahead of last offseason when injuries plagued him during lockout."

ya hear that Henny?

KingKong

The Celtics that didn't have KG but still took them 7 games to beat? The ones that came back the following year and basically swept the Magic?

Cmon man.

Yeah it's so terrible that they lost their one all star. all they had left were Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo

Surely Dwight with..uhhh... Hedo, Rashard and Rafer Alston should have swept them

and I don't see how losing 2-4 is being basically swept next year

The Knicks may not be done on the point-guard front. Or getting older.

Still waiting to officially match Jeremy Lin's $28.8M offer sheet, the Knicks have made a verbal offer to 35-year-old Spanish League point guard Pablo Prigioni, according to sources. Sport Newspaper Ole is reporting that he is likely to accept. Luis Scola of the Rockets, a fellow Argentinian, tweeted Wednesday that one of his countrymen will play in the NBA.

However, FIBA paperwork must be done if Prigioni accepts an offer. Prigioni was seeking a little more than the minimum contract.

The Post reported Prigioni had visited the Knicks last month in New York. Prigioni is on Argentina's Olympic Team and used to be the top Spanish League point guard, known as a good playmaker. The Knicks European scout Kevin Wilson lives in Barcelona.

Prigioni was a key member of the Argentina’s 2008 Olympic bronze-medal team.

“I’m pretty sure he’s better than a lot of young point guards in the NBA you get,’’ Walter Szczerbiak, the former U.S. Spanish League ambassador, said last month. “He’s really been through the wars. Spain is a real pressure cooker. Every game is playoff intensity. NBA, it’s just in the playoffs. He has great experience in tough situations and he’s a good leader.’’

Prigioni has played in the Spanish League since 1999-2000.

"He’s 35, but he has a great body,’’ Szczerbriak said. “I’m sure he’s slowed down a little but he’s still got pretty good quickness. For 35, he’s got the right kind of body , wiry, never been overweight. He’s like Steve Nash. You’d think he was younger than 35 the way he looks.’’
Raging Spainiard, I'm gonna need some cosplay pics of your wife a scouting report on the Prigioni guy.
The Knicks have officially announced the signing of 6-foot-7 Italian League swingman James White, who was a second round pick out of Cincinnati in 2006.
So they DID sign him? Cool!

Yeah it's so terrible that they lost their one all star. all they had left were Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo

Surely Dwight with..uhhh... Hedo, Rashard and Rafer Alston should have swept them

and I don't see how losing 2-4 is being basically swept next year

KG was the best defender in the game 08 and probably would have been in 09 if not for injury. He was alot more than "one allstar". And 09 rondo was barely a fucking allstar.

The 2010 series never really looked close at all. Celtics simply stop giving a fuck for two games....

The Magic skating by a KG less Celtics in 7 is hardly anything to be proud of. Same with that mediocre ass cavs squad.

KingKong

KG was the best defender in the game 08 and probably would have been in 09 if not for injury. He was alot more than "one allstar". And 09 rondo was barely a fucking allstar.

The 2010 series never really looked close at all. Celtics simply stop giving a fuck for two games....

The Magic skating by a KG less Celtics in 7 is hardly anything to be proud of. Same with that mediocre ass cavs squad.

Makes sense, getting to the Finals by beating two 60+ win teams without having anyone good on your team is nothing to be proud of (oh I'm sorry, one of the teams was missing one of their Big 3).

Geez, what does that make the 2012 Miami title? Weak conference in lockout year with a stacked team and they barely got by the Pacers and old man Celtics. LeBron should give that ring back

KingKong

You heard it here first folks, getting to the Finals and ECF back to back on a team full of garbage doesn't mean anything. That Dwight guy, he just doesn't have The Look!

Bulls without Jordan?? REALLY?!?!

It was 45 Jordan.. but still Jordan..

yep I messed up the years, I already posted about that on top of the page

Bowser

Nets won't let Bropez go even if another team signs him to an offer sheet. Bobcats being "interested" is merely CHODAGOD making sure there isn't another super team in the East.

Vestal

You heard it here first folks, getting to the Finals and ECF back to back on a team full of garbage doesn't mean anything. That Dwight guy, he just doesn't have The Look!

Put it in context.. The competition that Shaq had to go through in the 90s was 10x stronger than it is now.. 90s Shaq would be putting up 25-15-5 numbers right now without breaking a sweat with how short and light front courts are.

I already posted the competition just at center from back in the 90s compared to now. We could go further and add the Powerforward spot which was much more Physical and taller than it is now.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

Most overpaid roster in the history of the league?

KingKong

Put it in context.. The competition that Shaq had to go through in the 90s was 10x stronger than it is now.. 90s Shaq would be putting up 25-15-5 numbers right now without breaking a sweat with how short and light front courts are.

I already posted the competition just at center from back in the 90s compared to now. We could go further and add the Powerforward spot which was much more Physical and taller than it is now.

What does competition have to do with it? Shaq is a much better player than Dwight, I agree, but we know that from statistics and watching games, not pointing out how their teams played (especially when their teams happened to play just as well in the playoffs, so now we have to pretend the competition Dwight faced was weaker and ignore how much worse his team was)

And if we want to talk about centers, let's just see what kind of players Shaq faced during the threepeat (check out their ages especially, not just the famous names)

Nets won't let Bropez go even if another team signs him to an offer sheet. Bobcats being "interested" is merely CHODAGOD making sure there isn't another super team in the East.

I freaking hope this is the case. Everyone in our FO but Larry Brown wanted to draft Lopez over Augustin back in 2008. So I wouldn't be surprised if we still have legitimate interest in him. Max contract interest is insane though, it has to be Cho stuffing the Nets/Magic D12 trade into the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom