• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

So does this mean Dwight to the Nets this offseason is done and over with?

Houston and LA is all that's left?
It is still hard for me to believe that Buss would trade Bynum for Dwight or anyone for that matter.

The connection they share is just too strong to be broken.

Though Kobe, Pau, Nash, Dwight and Grant Hill would be pretty awesome to watch on both ends of the court.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Nets can't trade Lopez if they sign him and it's not a sign and trade.

They would have to wait until December 15th to trade him, but the contract is void if they do a S&T and it falls through after 48 hours.

There is no way Dwight stays in Orlando...

the booing would be legendary and it would take away from anything they do.

The situation is too toxic at this point.

He gotta go.

come to la AKA dark side, dwight. im your father!
Mr_Burns_evil.gif

It is still hard for me to believe that Buss would trade Bynum for Dwight or anyone for that matter.

The connection they share is just too strong to be broken.

Though Kobe, Pau, Nash, Dwight and Grant Hill would be pretty awesome to watch on both ends of the court.
they've been offering bynum/dwight swap since last year. they're more than willing to give up drew for dwight.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
There's a window Nets can still deal Lopez in sign-and-trade to Magic today, but it's closing fast. Doubt they'll drag this into Thursday.
edit:beaten. Well sounds like this ends today or at the minimum the Nets attempt ends.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Marc Stein said:
Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet

Can I borrow a rocketship?

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet

Holy fuck. lol

reilo, DY, Bowser, and Joe dodging a bullet.

bionic77

they've been offering bynum/dwight swap since last year. they're more than willing to give up drew for dwight.
It is all talk until it happens!

Bynum is going to end his career in LA and then they are going to make a blockbuster movie based upon the love story between the player and the owner's son.

bionic77

It's amazing that MJ is somehow the dumbest owner in the league
Why is that amazing?

Everyone knew that franchise was going to be worthless with MJ running it unless he got help from Phil Jackson, Pippen, Kerr etc. Jordan needs to be carried to greatness on the backs of real stars, like Luke Longely and BJ Armstrong.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cant see a Magic/Nets trade happening without a third. The Magic would be taking back trash AND a Brook Lopez max

SamuraiX-

Lopez, a restricted free agent, is weighing a maximum-salary offer sheet from a rival team, according to a person with knowledge of the proposed deal. If Lopez were to sign the offer sheet, it would eliminate him as a trading chip and kill the Nets’ chances of landing Howard this summer.

It was not immediately known which team was preparing the offer sheet, but three teams have the cap room to do so: the Charlotte Bobcats, the Dallas Mavericks and the Portland Trail Blazers. Lopez is eligible to make up to $58 million over four years from a rival team, or up to $78 million over five years if he re-signs with the Nets.

If Lopez signs an offer sheet, the Nets would have three days to match it or let him walk away. But under N.B.A. rules, the Nets would no longer be permitted to use Lopez in a sign-and-trade arrangement. Nor could they trade him anywhere until Jan. 15.

I don't see why the Bobcats would sign Bropez to a max contract when they can just draft Zeller or Noel or Adams or Gobert or one of the numerous bigs they could get next year in the draft.

I CALLED IT!!!

Don't worry, New Jersey will match. Lopez needs to sign with one of these teams ASAP to end the Nets-Dwight saga for good.

They won't need to match, I doubt Lopez signs an offer sheet. He's going to give up that 5th year of a max contract to play in Charlotte? This is just a move by Lopez's agent to get the Nets to move faster.

Why is that amazing?

Everyone knew that franchise was going to be worthless with MJ running it unless he got help from Phil Jackson, Pippen, Kerr etc. Jordan needs to be carried to greatness on the backs of real stars, like Luke Longely and BJ Armstrong.

I see you trolling for a tag quote.

Omega

Banned
DeVos is a nice guy

Orlando Snaq wasn't as good as Dwight, better offense but Dwight's D + rebounding puts him over the top

um. what?

Dwight has barely done anything in the Leastern Conference while "Orlando Snaq" took his team to the Finals one season and the ECF the next season, only to lose to greatest team ever.

Before someone wants to say Dwight led his team to the Finals/ECF, he went through teams like Toronto, Charlotte and Atlanta. Two teams that weren't even .500 and a team that has never shown up for the playoffs.

Shaq went through teams like Indiana, Atlanta, Detroit and Chicago.

They won't need to match, I doubt Lopez signs an offer sheet. He's going to give up that 5th year of a max contract to play in Charlotte? This is just a move by Lopez's agent to get the Nets to move faster.

I read that the Nets were trying to put in something in the contract to take into account his foot problem. Maybe these other teams won't put in that clause so the 4 years are fully guaranteed.

KingKong

um. what?

Dwight has barely done anything in the Leastern Conference while "Orlando Snaq" took his team to the Finals one season and the ECF the next season, only to lose to greatest team ever.

Before someone wants to say Dwight led his team to the Finals/ECF, he went through teams like Toronto, Charlotte and Atlanta. Two teams that weren't even .500 and a team that has never shown up for the playoffs.

Shaq went through teams like Indiana, Atlanta, Detroit and Chicago.

He went through the 62 win Celtics and 66 win Cavs in 2009

here's the Shaq teams: 35 win Celtics, Bulls without Jordan, 52 win Indiana in the Finals run

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sam Amick
I'll have an update up soon at SI.com, but there are signs that the Magic may just left Brooklyn fall out of this race for Dwight Howard with the way a deadline has now been applied for today.
"I don't think there's a deal there," said one source with knowledge of the Magic's dealings.

Lol.

SamuraiX-

Sam Amick
I'll have an update up soon at SI.com, but there are signs that the Magic may just left Brooklyn fall out of this race for Dwight Howard with the way a deadline has now been applied for today.
"I don't think there's a deal there," said one source with knowledge of the Magic's dealings.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom