• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.
Most overpayed roster in the history of the league?

rULL3.gif

1. What are the Knicks going to win in the next three years? 2 playoff games?

2. How will a borderline NBA player getting paid over $6 million a year help them win?

Colangelo says Knicks are 50/50 on matching fileds offer....Bwahahah
Knicks are on the verge of a championship they don't need cap flexibility!
save space on that rocketship for me, reilo.
It's nice to want things... nvm there's now no room for Fields on the Knicks roster with the signing of Smith, Novak, White, and the impending S&T for Dahntay Jones/Prignoli. That puts the roster at 12.

Also, Knicks scouts have repeatedly said "Peace, Landry", but you people all listen to the guy who desperately doesn't want him now that he lost Nash.

But hey, let's listen to him anyway. ENJOY STARTING LANDRY TORONTO!

SamuraiX-

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
I don't care who the Knicks match, sign or trade for. I still say it's all about making a run at Chris Paul next July.

He has to be trolling, right?

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Life won't be complete until next July when I write: "Knicks are trying to recruit a third team to faciliate a sign & trade for Chris Paul"

Oh, God. I think he's serious.

Shinobi

Hard to believe that there are Knicks fans making up fantasy situations to acquire some of the top players in the league...except of course they've been doing this for ten years.

Makes sense, getting to the Finals by beating two 60+ win teams without having anyone good on your team is nothing to be proud of (oh I'm sorry, one of the teams was missing one of their Big 3).

Geez, what does that make the 2012 Miami title? Weak conference in lockout year with a stacked team and they barely got by the Pacers and old man Celtics. LeBron should give that ring back

frabz-BoomGot-ya-Just-when-i-Think-i-said-something-smart-I-turn-to-be-57a0be.jpg

Never know for sure with the Knicks.

I always expect the worse.
In fairness they haven't made one dumb decision yet in an offseason where moronic contracts have been flying left and right.
But Lakers have a history of pirating top players, the knicks gave Melo and Stat the max and overpaid a pg because he sells jerseys.
Shaq says hi. And half of Lakers-GAF wanted Carmelo for Bynum, quit going revisionist history.

masud

Banned
I thought our roster was full? Anyway signing Fields to a 3 year deal won’t effect their ability to sign people whatsoever, the Knicks are gonna be in salary cap hell for the next three years regardless. It only hurts Dolan's pocketbook so what the hell bring him back...

Win now baby!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: Philly trade for Dorell Wright is expanding to include Hornets, who have agreed to send Jarrett Jack to Warriors. Warriors to get Jarrett Jack & Hornets only have to take back draft rights to Edin Bavcic (originally Philly-bound) to complete the trade

wtf whos gonna pass the ball to Ryno

I thought our roster was full? Anyway signing Fields to a 3 year deal won’t effect their ability to sign people whatsoever, the Knicks are gonna be in salary cap hell for the next three years regardless. It only hurts Dolan's pocketbook so what the hell bring him back...

Win now baby!
It is full. Colangelo spin machine sending out the Knicks troll signal.

Shinobi

... you mean like Lakers fans have been the past 10 days?

True...except there's a history of the Lakers getting the players they want. Hell, they WOULD'VE had CP3 had little shit disturbers like Dan Comic-San Gilbert not cried into his Blackberry at Mr Stern. There's no such opportunity for the Knicks...especially since the Melo trade was consummated.

ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: Philly trade for Dorell Wright is expanding to include Hornets, who have agreed to send Jarrett Jack to Warriors. Warriors to get Jarrett Jack & Hornets only have to take back draft rights to Edin Bavcic (originally Philly-bound) to complete the trade

Steph/Jack
Klay
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

nice lineup.

Omega

Banned
In fairness they haven't made one dumb decision yet in an offseason where moronic contracts have been flying left and right.

This is true.

Although I don't see the point in signing Pablo whatever his name is..at least they haven't been handing out terrible contracts.

h3ro

Thank heavens for that. For once, being bound financially prevented them from doing stupid things.

I like the moves they made, Kidd and Camby are solid vets that can provide some real vet leadership along with Tyson. Do the moves make them world beaters? Probably not unless they get some ridiculous good fortune, but they at least look like they should be a competitive team this upcoming year.

Nets president Billy King made an improved offer on Wednesday morning to spare the Nets the turmoil of Lopez signing an offer sheet with the Bobcats, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. King made the first four years and $58 million of the extension fully guaranteed – no partial guarantees to account for Lopez’s foot problems – and the two sides were negotiating on the fifth year of a potential $78 million extension.

-Wpj

Makes sense, getting to the Finals by beating two 60+ win teams without having anyone good on your team is nothing to be proud of (oh I'm sorry, one of the teams was missing one of their Big 3).

Geez, what does that make the 2012 Miami title? Weak conference in lockout year with a stacked team and they barely got by the Pacers and old man Celtics. LeBron should give that ring back

Are you serious? Do you legitimately think that Cavs team was a legit 60+ squad? And by legit, I mean able to replicate it in multiple eras where the east wasn't at an all-time weakness? I mean ORL hand 4 of the 5 best players in that series. The best guy to guard howard was a old as Big Z who could barely run.

And beating the Celtics in 7 games without their best player is supposed to mean what?

There is no way in hell that Dwight in his best years is better than ORL Shaq. Period...

Jarlaxle

ESPNSteinLine

Maybe they're working out a signe and trade for Marshall with Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom