• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty positive Nash will sign with Miami. Chalmers is awful, but he might be somewhat bearable coming in off the bench. Nash would be incredible on the Heat.

The NY Knicks will conduct predraft workouts at MSG Training Center on Tuesday with the following players:

• Larry Anderson, G, 6-5, 210, Long Beach State, Senior
• Mike Glover, F 6-7, 215, Iona, Senior
• Drew Gordon, F, 6-9, 245, New Mexico State, Senior
• Adam Sollazzo, G, 6-6, 200, East Tennessee State, Senior
• Jordan Taylor, G, 6-1, 195, Wisconsin, Senior
• Casper Ware, G, 5-10, 175, Long Beach State, Senior
*yawn*
*snore*
*gzark*
*boaring*
*belch*
*snort*

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The things I liked about D-Will had almost nothing to do with being an SF--being able to cause problems for PF's as a stretch 4 where he can knock down the long ball or hit them with a first step with the weight and strength to finish inside. The problem is that Love is the perfect PF and playing them at PF and C respectively is going to make their defensive front court worse than...well, just about anything in the league that I can think of off the top of my head.

I think Nene for D-Will straight up would make a lot of sense for both teams moving forward. Zero chance of it happening though.

What? How?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8069250/nba-weighs-retroactive-penalties-floppers

MIAMI -- David Stern is determined to stop the floppers, even if it takes until the next morning.

The NBA commissioner believes too many players are deceiving referees into calling fouls by falling down, or flopping. So he and the league's newly reformed competition committee met Monday for a discussion about how it can be prevented.

One option, Stern said, is a "postgame analysis" in which a player could be penalized if it was determined he flopped. The league retroactively upgrades or downgrades flagrant fouls after review, and along those lines he said that perhaps a player could receive a message from New York saying: "Greetings from the league office. You have been assigned flopper status."

"No, I'm joking, but something like that," Stern said. "That sort of lets people know that it's not enough to say 'it's all part of the game.' "

I hope the NBA at least does the retroactive penalty idea.

What? How?
He did say zero chance.

giri

Nene as a starting C is a lot more valuable than D-Will turning into Beasley 2.0 because hes forced to play SF.

The wolves have a starting centre. and a PF that just got the 4yr Max. Why would they want to trade for the right to over pay for one of the most over-rated C's in the league in NeNe?

D-Will IS a SF. And a small ball PF.

Also, the wolves biggest problem with their starting PF/C combo is athleticism and shot blocking. NeNe addresses neither.

giri

About as good as Nash/Amare. Probably a little better.

Eh.

The toughest part of the Nash / Amare PnR was that you couldn't hide on screens either side, Amare's mid range J being good helped it a lot.

But dwight would get more points purely by seeing the ball.

Just not sure it would be Nash / Amare on O.

Obviously is better on D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Nate McMillan and Brian Shaw have been informed that they're no longer candidates for Charlotte, sources tell Y! Quin Snyder is frontrunner.

Blackace

Nene as a starting C is a lot more valuable than D-Will turning into Beasley 2.0 because hes forced to play SF.

Williams is a SF... if he gets more consistent range he will be a good SF..

he is not a PF so on the Wizards or whatever he is on he will be at SF.

At this point Nene isn't more valuable than Michael Beasley 1.0

Bease for Nene makes some sense but really the T'Wolves do not need Nene

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DY is gonna enjoy Snyder sitting in the coach's chair with bobby brown jaw.

quin-snyder-0410-307.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@SpearsNBAYahoo said:
Lakers assistant coach Quin Snyder is out of running for Bobcats head coach job, sources say.

lol wtf is going on?

If not Shaw, Nate, and Snyder, then who?

EDIT: LOL, who the fuck is Dunlap?

giri

Williams is a SF... if he gets more consistent range he will be a good SF..

he is not a PF so on the Wizards or whatever he is on he will be at SF.

At this point Nene isn't more valuable than Michael Beasley 1.0

Bease for Nene makes some sense but really the T'Wolves do not need Nene

Essentially. Derrick is 6'8". He can't play PF full time. Millsap does, but his height really does limit him.

The closest player similar to him i think is Josh Smith. And I've said for Years, Smith is a SF on any other team (just like horford is a PF). Smith is also 6'9" (i thought he was 6'10, but eh).

the best thing D-Will brings to their starting unit, if he starts, is athleticism. If he can get up to being a .350 or above 3pt shooter, he'll be fantastic for them.

charsace

Derrick Williams
ht 6'8 wt 248 lbs 7'2 wingspan 9'0 standing reach 29 inch no step vert 35 inch max vert

Blake Griffin
ht 6'9 wt 248 lbs 6'11 wingspan 8'9 standing reach 32 inch no step vert 35 inch max vert

Derrick Williams is a pick and roll pf playing out of position. He is mediocre at the 3. Doesn't have a good enough jumper or ball handling to get to the basket and is a bad perimeter defender.

DY_nasty

Ed Isaacson ‏@nbadraftblog While Dunlap doesn't have Snyder's glorious hair, he is a phenomenal x's and o's coach who has learned from some of the best

Ed Isaacson ‏@nbadraftblog Don't care how much talent St. John's has coming in now, they better get someone who knows how to teach the game in there quickly

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt It's not unusual for college basketball personnel to escape my grasp. But I've no idea who Mike Dunlap is or even if he's a coach. #Bobcats

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Dunlap's considered an excellent X's and O's coach on college level, well-respected in profession. Still, a huge gamble for Michael Jordan.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Also, Michael Jordan doesn't want to pay for a basketball coach. And clearly that's part of hiring Mike Dunlap, a Big East assistant coach.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS Mike Dunlap is a hell of an X's and O's guy. Sat behind bench for couple of Arizona games when he was with Russ Pennell. Very impressive.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA People I respect in NBA always believed Dunlap had chops to be a head coach. Just didn't think it would be a leap from Steve Lavin's bench.

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt If Jordan had a track record of savvy moves, Mike Dunlap would be hailed as outside the box. But since he doesn't, Dunlap's a cheap unknown.

Ed Isaacson ‏@nbadraftblog The instant reaction I am seeing by many NBA bloggers to the news of Dunlap's hiring is disheartening, especially since most dont know him

Karl was equally impressed, saying: “He’s the most intelligent person that has a love for the game of basketball that I’ve ever been around. His ability to analyze and articulate and figure out the problems of day-to-day basketball was incredible for me.”

"The Observer’s source, who asked for anonymity because Dunlap’s hire isn’t official, said Dunlap impressed the front office with his high energy and collaborative approach. Also, he wants to run an up-tempo offense and attacking defense that figures to fit some of the Bobcats’ younger personnel."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

i'll be okay

gonna listen to drake for a while

i'll be okay

giga

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Also, Michael Jordan doesn't want to pay for a basketball coach. And clearly that's part of hiring Mike Dunlap, a Big East assistant coach.
lol

giri

Derrick Williams
ht 6'8 wt 248 lbs 7'2 wingspan 9'0 standing reach 29 inch no step vert 35 inch max vert

Blake Griffin
ht 6'9 wt 248 lbs 6'11 wingspan 8'9 standing reach 32 inch no step vert 35 inch max vert

Derrick Williams is a pick and roll pf playing out of position. He is mediocre at the 3. Doesn't have a good enough jumper or ball handling to get to the basket and is a bad perimeter defender.

I assume rudy gay, Melo, LBJ, and durant all put up similar physical numbers.

D-Will might be good in the PnR, but he's no PF.

DY_nasty

“Mike Dunlap absolutely elevates every player and team he comes in contact with,’’ Karl said. “He takes you from good to great. Name every top-level, elite coach in the game – the only difference between Mike and them is their addresses…There is absolutely no one better.’’
i want to believe

Blackace

"The Observer’s source, who asked for anonymity because Dunlap’s hire isn’t official, said Dunlap impressed the front office with his high energy and collaborative approach. Also, he wants to run an up-tempo offense and attacking defense that figures to fit some of the Bobcats’ younger personnel."

lol..

DY_nasty

The man won in D2. What more do we need to know?

"Prior to joining the Nuggets, Dunlap, a two-time National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Coach of the Year and winner of two national championships, was the head coach at Metropolitan State College, for nine seasons. In his nine years at the Denver, Colo., school, Dunlap posted a 248-50 (.832) record."

That's pretty fuckin godlike.

I just wish I knew who the fuck he was.

I remember him now

he got shafted

lol

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom