• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

Lillard is more a combo and I wouldn't be shocked to see the Raps pick him.. if the Blazers don't

I see the Raptors picking a shooting guard/trading for a veteran and making a play for Nash.

I could also see them being one of the few mid lottery teams that could take a chance on Jones.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Slam magazine has Bobcats looking at Beal, Robinson, and Barnes with the #2

So basically trade with us or we'll take all of your favorite players

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I see the Raptors picking a shooting guard/trading for a veteran and making a play for Nash.

I could also see them being one of the few mid lottery teams that could take a chance on Jones.
Again he is a combo guard.. He would be a decent fit there, and if they could move Jose and get Nash they would be so much better...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think it'd be pretty easy for the Bulls to be top 3 in defense with Nash as PG. I don't really think CJ Watson does much of anything better on D.
Has never happened yet.. With Nash and Boozer? Doubt it happens..

steven-nash-in-miami-heat-uniform.jpg

He won't play for the heat. I only see him going to a team where his offense running abilities will be used. And that isn't the heat where Lebron and Wade run the offense.

you underestimate their desires to handle the ball a lot less

do you see how less of a fuck wade gives with each passing day?

Sweet, I'd like to see that. I wonder if it would be enough to convince Dwight to stay in Orlando. Nelso is unlikely to be back, so the Magic will be needing to sign or draft another PG anyway.

I said that but Im having second thoughts lol. Amare was alot better offensively than Dwight and was an explosive athlete before the injuries. And there's the whole back thing. It'd be a damn good P&R though.

benjipwns

Banned
Hey loserbros, been working on updating my stat file for 2011-12 and figured one or two people here might be interested.

Here is an example, with our best friends the Charlotte Bobcats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFHT-BqgIfddGpYbEhQX09fMlhYT1E2a05sZlBuMFE

I only have a handful of teams currently done, but will take requests for specific teams if anyone is actually interested.

Will also respond to questions about what the fuck any of it means. Feel free to PM these as well, especially if I haven't responded after a couple days to something you really wanted to know.

I can also provide them in Excel format so you can sort and such: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/820953/bobcats1112.xlsx

Had something else to add, forgot it now, um...there may be some redundant and useless fields because I trimmed it down from my larger file and that thing really needs another spring cleaning.

charsace

Dwight would average 10 more points a game considering he's ignored like 8 times a game rolling to the basket

I doubt it. Teams can pack the paint on pick and rolls against Howard because he has no jumper. No one is scared of him fading in the pick and roll and hitting a 15 footer.

And Houston is trapped in the worst situation ever. They've stockpiled a lot of pieces to trade for a first option player, but can't get one from another team.

I said that but Im having second thoughts lol. Amare was alot better offensively than Dwight and was an explosive athlete before the injuries. And there's the whole back thing. It'd be a damn good P&R though.

Nash turend Gortat into a borderline All-Star player this past year, back problems or not (which I don't think are going to a major issue anyway) Nash would improve Howard's offensive production a heck of a lot. It would be exciting to see.

Smokey

And Houston is trapped in the worst situation ever. They've stockpiled a lot of pieces to trade for a first option player, but can't get one from another team.

this

morey needs to earn his salary this offseason. rockets have a lot of cap space and multiple draft pics. if he can't do something with the roster this offseason he needs to be gone imo. they need to be bobcats bad imo to get out of this. this whole resident 14th pick every year is doing nothing and is pretty annoying as a fan of this "team".

look at indiana. dudes aren't just signing up to go play there, save for david west. they got george hill via trade. there other good players have all come from the draft, where morey has been particulary week in the first round.

now lowry wants out. battier leaves and ends up in the finals. jordan hill is gone and is semi-productive with the lakers. common theme here is they leave the rockets and get to enjoy life again. i've got a feeling morey will go after dwight and mortgage the whole team for him, even if he is a rental.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hey loserbros, been working on updating my stat file for 2011-12 and figured one or two people here might be interested.

Here is an example, with our best friends the Charlotte Bobcats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFHT-BqgIfddGpYbEhQX09fMlhYT1E2a05sZlBuMFE

I only have a handful of teams currently done, but will take requests for specific teams if anyone is actually interested.

Will also respond to questions about what the fuck any of it means. Feel free to PM these as well, especially if I haven't responded after a couple days to something you really wanted to know.

I can also provide them in Excel format so you can sort and such: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/820953/bobcats1112.xlsx

Had something else to add, forgot it now, um...there may be some redundant and useless fields because I trimmed it down from my larger file and that thing really needs another spring cleaning.

Holy tits. That's some work you've put into that. GJ, GE.

Nash turend Gortat into a borderline All-Star player this past year, back problems or not (which I don't think are going to a major issue anyway) Nash would improve Howard's offensive production a heck of a lot. It would be exciting to see.

Gortat was always solid and he has a bigger skillset than Dwight. And its not that hard to make AS as a center. Nash would make howard better but where would the other offense come from? A nash iso isn't the best goto play nowadays and howard is a liability in the fourth. Idk they have to get someone else. That just seems like a worse version of the clippers.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Everybody wants out of this draft, apparently.
Sources continue to insist that the Charlotte Bobcats (2), Sacramento Kings (5), Portland Trail Blazers (6, 11) and Toronto Raptors (8) are all still open to moving the pick. Some of those trades could be with each other, but from what I can gather, none of the four teams I just mentioned are sold with the players that are available to them. In the case of the Bobcats, the team is looking to turn a high pick into multiple assets. The Raptors and Kings, as we've mentioned previously, are looking for veterans to anchor an already young roster. The Blazers? From what I can gather, they're open to anything and everything.

But the draft exodus may go even farther into the first round. Sources say that the New Orleans Hornets (10), Houston Rockets (14, 16) and Minnesota Timberwolves (18) are also open to moving their pick. In all three cases, those teams are looking for established young veterans to fill out their rosters.

Don't trade the #18 pick, you clowns.

Smokey

98% chance the rockets move their pick. Team is already young and dirk 2.0 , donatas motiejunas, is coming over this year. No room. Should move m.morris to d league full time.

I'm really much too attached to Williams to make a rational decision on this.

The Bobcats need an upgrade at the 3 badly. I still think Wiliams can make the transition to small forward (just needs to drop some weight), and I think he'll end up being a better player than both MKG and Barnes so it would be a good trade for us I think.

From your perspective though you already have Beasley at the 3, and he is better than Williams at this point in time. You need a SG badly though and the number 2 pick would allow you to draft Bradley Beal. A lineup of Rubio, Beal, Beasley, Love, and Pek would be deadly.

The things I liked about D-Will had almost nothing to do with being an SF--being able to cause problems for PF's as a stretch 4 where he can knock down the long ball or hit them with a first step with the weight and strength to finish inside. The problem is that Love is the perfect PF and playing them at PF and C respectively is going to make their defensive front court worse than...well, just about anything in the league that I can think of off the top of my head.

I think Nene for D-Will straight up would make a lot of sense for both teams moving forward. Zero chance of it happening though.

Very cool. Any way of getting a full key, though? quite a lot I'm not sure what they exactly are, like jmD. Maybe on another sheet? At least for the stuff after BV column

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Just filed to ESPN: Sources: Jared Sullinger medically red-flagged by some NBA doctors for back issues
sup dajuan blair 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom