• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

So Blake and Amare played the 3 because.. Oh wait they didn't... Ever..

If you have any pivot game they will try you at 4 first.. Ask guys like Beas or Lewis..

Blake and Amare aren't quick enough to guard the perimeter. They would get massacred by 3's and completely destroyed by 2's and 1's on switches. And neither guy has the ball handling skills for the 3. But if there was even a chance that Griffin had the skills to play the 3 the clippers would have tried to play him at the 3. The casual fan loves seeing big, powerful perimeter players that can power their way to the basket and finish with an athletic layup or dunk. That's the fuel that sports media runs on right now.

Its the reason why guys like Perry Jones and Drummond come into the league with shit big man skills and talk about being KG or Durant. In HS now when coaches see that you are athletic enough to dribble around on the perimeter they encourage it. And these big guys see who the media pushes so they all want to play around on the perimeter.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blake and Amare aren't quick enough to guard the perimeter. They would get massacred by 3's and completely destroyed by 2's and 1's on switches. And neither guy has the ball handling skills for the 3. But if there was even a chance that Griffin had the skills to play the 3 the clippers would have tried to play him at the 3. The casual fan loves seeing big, powerful perimeter players that can power their way to the basket and finish with an athletic layup or dunk. That's the fuel that sports media runs on right now.

Its the reason why guys like Perry Jones and Drummond come into the league with shit big man skills and talk about being KG or Durant. In HS now when coaches see that you are athletic enough to dribble around on the perimeter they encourage it. And these big guys see who the media pushes so they all want to play around on the perimeter.

Again.. it is about your skillset... teams still draft for centers and PFs not wings.. when a guy like Beas/Fizer can't play PF they hope to turn him into a wing.. not the other way around..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If any of you want a good laugh, you should read Hollinger's latest Draft Rater and compare it to his previous ones.

Sullinger dropped to 20th on ESPN's mock.

Kind of weird how Barnes and Sullinger were projected around the same pick a month ago but now Barnes might go 13-18 spots higher. Not sure Barnes should really go before Sullinger though...

Also, why is "Could be a guy to run the break with Wall!" be given as a positive for MKG from the Wizards' prespective? They have all fast-break players and Wall is a terrible passer in transition who is better as a one-man fast-break.

abuC

Kind of weird how Barnes and Sullinger were projected around the same pick a month ago but now Barnes might go 13-18 spots higher. Not sure Barnes should really go before Sullinger though...

Barnes has been impressive in workouts and supposedly showing a better handle.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Also, why is "Could be a guy to run the break with Wall!" be given as a positive for MKG from the Wizards' prespective? They have all fast-break players and Wall is a terrible passer in transition who is better as a one-man fast-break.

Sullinger has one leg shorter than the other and has been flagged with a back issue. He didn't drop because of talent.

Because it looks better that "Could be a guy on the break to receive a pass from Wall a foot behind him leading to a turnover!"

MKG is the best pick for the Wiz because he'll be the leader of the team and help Wall fulfill his potential.

I want to trade Ves for the 11th pick to grab Sully. Out of dem young boys from the 2011 class ( Perry, Sully, Barnes, Irving) Sullinger was the grown ass man who looked the most nba ready.

pilonv1

Could someone kindly post what Chad Ford's new mock says about the Wolves at 18?

I don't know if you're ready for this

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS
Wolves (via Jazz)

Fab Melo
Position: C
Height: 7-foot
Weight: 255 pounds
School: Syracuse

Analysis: The Wolves are praying that one of the wings, such as Ross or Rivers, slides to them here. But if they don't, the Wolves may choose to go big with Melo. Nikola Pekovic was a revelation this season, but after that the cupboard is pretty bare. Darko Milicic has one more year on his deal, but he's not a long-term answer in Minnesota.

pilonv1

Jesus christ this trade would destroy DY

Marc (Sacramento, CA)
What about this trade scenario, Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick to Charlotte for Gerald Henderson and the #2 pick? Kings then take MKG. Thoughts??

Chad Ford
(3:20 PM)
Interesting. I think that's the sort of deal Charlotte is looking for. They still want a high pick, plus the want to upgrade their talent. Just not sure that's what the Kings are looking for. I'm told they're after a young veteran. Team needs leadership and wants to start winning now ... not more young players.

Kemba and his no fucks and you add Tyreke? wow

AvyjTzzCAAAX9Ck.jpg

LOLcats

pilonv1

Why change the uniforms?

Here's another lolworthy trade for the Cats

Greg (The Mil)
I have heard rumors of the Bucks moving up to #2. Any truth to that?

Chad Ford (3:47 PM)
I'm told there haven't been any discussions between the Bucks and Bobcats. But it doesn't mean that the Bucks aren't trying to move up. They, like everyone, would really like to add another star to their roster. But at what cost? If the Bobcats would be willing to do Ellis and 12 for 2? I might consider that if I was Milwaukee.

Kemba & Monta. No fucks given for years.

Branduil

I like how those new uniforms look like cheap imitations of the Thunder uniforms, which already looked like cheap imitations of real NBA uniforms.

Also those sidebands are atrocious.

pilonv1

I like how those new uniforms look like cheap imitations of the Thunder uniforms, which already looked like cheap imitations of real NBA uniforms.

I HATE HATE HATE the right aligned numbers. Looks minor league.

i dont want to live on this planet right now

like dunlap tho

Tell me

If you had to choose out of those two horrible deals, which would you take?

Kemba and Evans?

Kemba and Ellis?

I must know.

DY, call up MJ and tell him that Iggy is what he needs.

Professionalism, Veteran Leadership, Clutch, occasionally gives fucks.

It's what you need man.

Branduil

I HATE HATE HATE the right aligned numbers. Looks minor league.

I think it looks okay in certain cases, like on the Mavs' uniforms, but not in this one. On the home jerseys, it doesn't work because the numbers are the exact same size as the CATS font. And on the road jerseys it doesn't work because because it's way too big compared to the CHARLOTTE. Also the font is terrible.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think it looks okay in certain cases, like on the Mavs' uniforms, but not in this one. On the home jerseys, it doesn't work because the numbers are the exact same size as the CATS font. And on the road jerseys it doesn't work because because it's way too big compared to the CHARLOTTE. Also the font is terrible.

pretty much

hopefully mj was too cheap to buy enough for the whole team

Blackace

Monta for the #2 wouldn't be bad.. It is a contract year so you know he will give a fuck about this year at least..

Ramon Sessions opted out? What?

I didn't know that much about him when he showed up, thought he was a 22 year old sophomore or something, was really looking to see him improve. But then I looked him up and saw that he is 26 and his production has been the same for the last few years, I don't really care whether the Lakers keep him or not because he is a decent backup, not a starting PG.

Branduil

The side bands are definitely the worst part though. I can't even tell what's going on there. It's like they have a mind of their own and are trying to hide because they're ashamed of being part of that uniform.

abuC

Monta for the #2 wouldn't be bad.. It is a contract year so you know he will give a fuck about this year at least..

But, you only do that trade if he signs an extension, no way I trade the 2nd for the 12th if Monta is just a 1 year rental.

Blackace

I didn't know that much about him when he showed up, thought he was a 22 year old sophomore or something, was really looking to see him improve. But then I looked him up and saw that he is 26 and his production has been the same for the last few years, I don't really care whether the Lakers keep him or not because he is a decent backup, not a starting PG.

Points and Ast went up as a starter...

double digit points and 6 to 7 ast per game.. He is a throwback to the Avery Johnson years of PGs

Blackace

But, you only do that trade if he signs an extension, no way I trade the 2nd for the 12th if Monta is just a 1 year rental.

You get a SG and the 12th in a deep draft. I think if a player like Drummond (who won't) falls.. or Arnett Moultrie is still on the board you consider it..

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I did think for a minute, Who would give Ramon Sessions a player option?

Then I remembered who gave him that contract.

pilonv1

Ellis has a player option for 13/14. Can't imagine anyone is giving him $11million a year then, I doubt he opts out.

SamuraiX-

Marc (Sacramento, CA)
What about this trade scenario, Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick to Charlotte for Gerald Henderson and the #2 pick? Kings then take MKG. Thoughts??

DO IT, MJ!

OMG, FUCKING DO IT!!

I'LL JIZZ ON YOUR TITS FOR EONS!

Canuck76

Banned
The side bands are definitely the worst part though. I can't even tell what's going on there. It's like they have a mind of their own and are trying to hide because they're ashamed of being part of that uniform.

Wait no that's not just a joke of some sort?

Someone didn't just photoshop in here?

At this point i think you've earned the Hornets name back 10-fold DY.

This is a Job-like challenge of faith right here.

benjipwns

Banned
It's really ugly on the away version because the number is so huge in comparison, but not centered. The Dallas ones are at least close in size to the text.

Would look okay centered.

Branduil

The thing is, the Bobcats' old uniforms were fine. A nice classic look with pinstripes, and a good use of color. I don't see what compelled them to change it. The Mavs' update made sense because their old blue-and-green look with the elaborate font was ugly.

The Mavs' update made sense because their old blue-and-green look with the elaborate font was ugly.

are you a fan of the diddy alternate jerseys? i kind of wished they made a white version and made that their permanent unis, while bringing back the green as the alternate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom