• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
I dislike James Dolan. Just throwing that out there.

If I ever see Dolan irl I'l probably end up in jail.

f8edeca8bc2011e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Next year.

Are you ready for some Neohawk basketball!? Yeah boi!

Pkaz01

I don't think those guys have that kind of value. Gortat could be sold and perhaps Telfair to a desperate team if something happened to their PG (he's another still under contract). Childress' contract is probably the worst one and there's no way in hell someone would take that. We have to amnesty his ass. Brown will not be on this team, he's going to want a big pay day. The amount he'll want would probably ruin a potential s/t. Redd I see us resigning on the cheap. MAYBE someone could be fooled into Warrick for some value if his contract wasn't ridiculous for what he brings to the table. Actually, he might only have another season left on it...probably more trade-able next year. Frye didn't do anything this season to garner interest I would think...

We really are fucked. Seriously, the only thing to hope and pray for is that Sarver sells the team within the next year or two. Only with a new regime can we hope to rebuild into a good team again.

Don't worry guys Sarver made them save a whole bunch of cap space so we can sign some superstar free agents to play with guys like childress, warrick, and telfair. Why wouldn't dwight and deron want to come on over? Oh because we all know Sarver just doesn't want to pay the luxury tax anymore and its all bullshit for him to spend less and settle for mediocrity.

Although its not too bad though if he sells the team and we have all that room to sign contracts and when nash leaves next year and we get a top 3 pick because we are the worst team in the league things might start looking up.

h3ro

And just like that, cycle has begun anew. Let the Knick trolling begin.

Tyson and Lin play their hearts out.

Amare gets injured, and Melo ball hogs, and plays selfish.

45-37 lose in either the 1st or 2nd round.

That's what going to happen...

45-37?!

45-37!?!?!

WE POPPIN' BOTTLES

KingGondo

Banned
Still Gondo's fucking fault.
Sup Loserbros.

Bad feeling: losing like that in a series when it should have gone at least 6. Wondering how the hell Fisher played 29 minutes and Perk played 20 minutes while Collison and Sefolosha played 17 and 9 respectively.

Worse feeling: the same coach who did that shit will be back next year. If we get this far again, it'll be in spite of him.

It was unbelievable how well the Heat roleplayers shot this series, and they deserve credit. But it's *slightly* easier to shoot well when you're being guarded by lockdown perimeter defenders Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So far, Royce White is the only guy brought to Target Center whom the Wolves will consider with that 18th overall pick, IF they don't trade the pick.

Btw, White cancelled all his workouts not long after visiting Target Center last week.

What's his wingspan like?

Rodeo Clown

7'0

If I had a pick in the 20s and I'd be looking at him or Draymond Green.

I don't doubt that he'll be an alright player (he produced at ISU), but it's the wrong pick for the Wolves. And he's exactly the type of guy I can see Kahn falling in love with.

You know, provided he doesn't trade the pick for a garbage vet like Martell Webster.

KingGondo

Banned
Westbrook has been inconsistent all playoffs long.

However, I'd like to posit that the main reason OKC lost last night was because we let MIKE "OUCH I CAN HARDLY FUCKING WALK" MILLER GO 7-8 FROM THREE.

Just a thought.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I'm going to go to the draft this year. I've never been but always wanted to go. Here's to hoping the Suns draft someone and actually give him playing time.

Westbrook has been inconsistent all playoffs long.

However, I'd like to posit that the main reason OKC lost last night was because we let MIKE "OUCH I CAN HARDLY FUCKING WALK" MILLER GO 7-8 FROM THREE.

Just a thought.

You guys never figured out a quality defensive strategy/rotation. The Mike Miller going off thing was nuts, but odd stuff like that happens when you can't defend things that are run over and over like LBJ diving to the post.

KingGondo

Banned
You guys never figured out a quality defensive strategy/rotation. The Mike Miller going off thing was nuts, but odd stuff like that happens when you can't defend things that are run over and over like LBJ diving to the post.
The only lineup that would have slowed Miami down last night was:

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Collison

Rim protection, charge-taking underneath, with three good perimeter defenders to try and take away their 3PT shooting.

Thabo and Collison should have played far more. Obviously.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The only lineup that would have slowed Miami down last night was:

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Collison

Rim protection, charge-taking underneath, with three good perimeter defenders to try and take away their 3PT shooting.

Thabo and Collison should have played far more. Obviously.

Why that lineup wasn't getting 40 minutes a night will always remain a mystery to me.

Arguably the worst defender on the Thunder guarding the best player in the NBA is going to be looked at in even bigger confusion in a few years than it is now. Especially since Harden had to go out of position to defend LeBron...Just insane to think about really.

Some noteworthy Wolves move is coming. The same names remain in play: Houston's Kevin Martin, Los Angeles' Pau Gasol, and possibly Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Memphis' Rudy Gay.

----------------------------------------

Confirmed from multiple sources: there's mutual interest between the Wolves and Portland two-guard Jamal Crawford. He can opt-out of his deal on June 29. He's a candidate to be moved the night of the draft.
Keep Craw away if possible please

Also, Gasol? I would much prefer Iggy....Fills a more immediate need. Although a Pau/Love/Pek frontline rotation would be deadly

KingGondo

Banned
Didn't Scott Brooks just turn down a new contract, too?
Who knows. I'd take any report about the internal contract negotiations in OKC with a truckload of salt.

Things don't leak out of that front office.

(Presti should hire Phil Jackson and tell Scott that he can either stay as an assistant or try his luck elsewhere)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why that lineup wasn't getting 40 minutes a night will always remain a mystery to me.

Is this the part where I point (AGAIN) to Game 4 where the Thunder was up by 17 and Brooks played a line-up of Fisher, Westbrook, Sefalosha, Harden, and Collison for 5 minutes while the Heat had Lebron and Wade in the line-up?

KingGondo

Banned
Is this the part where I point (AGAIN) to Game 4 where the Thunder was up by 17 and Brooks played a line-up of Fisher, Westbrook, Sefalosha, Harden, and Collison for 5 minutes while the Heat had Lebron and Wade in the line-up?
That's what was so frustrating. OKC had the tools to potentially beat Miami (or at least extend the series to 6 or 7 games). Those tools were just horribly, horribly mismanaged and misused.

It's one thing to be outclassed, but it's another to feel like you're fighting a heavyweight with one arm tied.

KingGondo

Banned
Darnell Mayberry said:
There is growing speculation that the Thunder & coach Scott Brooks are far apart on a contract extension and the holdup could led to a split
YES YES YES YES YES

Lowball the shit out of him, Sam. Dat Oklahoma cost of living.

Yeah, why would the Wolves need someone that can play.
I wanted him at the trade deadline but from what I've heard from teams who have had him before, he can be a chucker

Granted, having a decent chucking guard wouldn't be bad for us

I think Adelman wants him, though, so I'm guessing he'll be on the team next year

charsace

I have a job interview monday. I'm going to try to be kinder this time since the last one didn't go well.

7'0

If I had a pick in the 20s and I'd be looking at him or Draymond Green.
I think Royce White will be a great public figure for a franchise. The kid has charisma and comes off so real. I think he has allstar potential and that his playmaking ability would look great on any team in the league, especially playoff teams.

Rodeo Clown

I wanted him at the trade deadline but from what I've heard from teams who have had him before, he can be a chucker

Granted, having a decent chucking guard wouldn't be bad for us

I think Adelman wants him, though, so I'm guessing he'll be on the team next year

Yeah, that's been the book on him forever, but he'd still be the best 2 the Wolves have had since like JR Rider. Or maybe Trenton Hassel before they took away handchecking.

The scary thing for me right now is that I keep reading the Wolves in on bigs. Dudes like Fab Melo and Royce White. Like, what are you guys doing?

I have a job interview monday. I'm going to try to be kinder this time since the last one didn't go well.

I think Royce White will be a great public figure for a franchise. The kid has charisma and comes off so real. I think he has allstar potential and that his playmaking ability would look great on any team in the league, especially playoff teams.

good luck bro.

I've been looking for a job for a goddam year.

Yeah, that's been the book on him forever, but he'd still be the best 2 the Wolves have had since like JR Rider. Or maybe Trenton Hassel before they took away handchecking.

The scary thing for me right now is that I keep reading the Wolves in on bigs. Dudes like Fab Melo and Royce White. Like, what are you guys doing?
Isn't White a tweener?

He could sit next to DWill and Beas...

I've basically stopped paying attention to Wolves drafting stuff...Nothing good is going to come of reading it, only frustration when our pick is finally announced.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Here's a picture of Sabas using an iPad.

paveikslelis-46700-bg2.jpg

Yes, an iPad. Not an iPhone. Pad.

If I thought Harden would want to stay in Charlotte I'd be all over that trade, but I doubt he would. It would end up being a bad trade for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom