• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems crazy that the Blazers wouldn't take a shot at Drummond with the #6.

I mean...they basically got a free pick out of the corpse of Gerald Wallace. Why wouldn't you swing for the fences with a physical freak at C? It's better to get an average PG/SG? Wat.

Assuming that is not Houston, a source told Sporting News, Dragic could wind up in a familiar surrounding anyway—back in Phoenix. Should the Suns lose Nash in free agency, Phoenix is expected to make a push to re-sign Dragic and give him the reins in coach Alvin Gentry’s offense. That would suit Dragic. “I learned a lot in Phoenix, I had a very good time there,” he said. “I don’t know what is going to happen, but that is an organization I know, obviously, and they helped me a lot.”

Ha

Smokey

Actually...wtf are the Rockets going to do at C?

No way they are bringing back Dalembert @ 6.6m (team option) Camby can sign elsewhere...

This is where that flower boy Pau Gasol comes in

:(

Seems crazy that the Blazers wouldn't take a shot at Drummond with the #6.

I mean...they basically got a free pick out of the corpse of Gerald Wallace. Why wouldn't you swing for the fences with a physical freak at C? It's better to get an average PG/SG? Wat.
You of all people should know about drafting bigs based on potential and measurements. Kwame Brown? Andray Blatche? Javale McGee?

I don't see it far fetched to pick up Lillard. He's definitely got the talent and work ethic. I'm really impressed by him in interviews. He comes off intelligent and self-aware. I feel like that will come through on the basketball court. I think he'll be an excellent PG in the NBA.

giri

3vxkj.png

Who says no? You immediately get rid of Lowry's contract and the sure-to-come internal conflict he will soon bring upon the Rockets organization for the low price of a slightly used, expiring Reke!

Fucks not included.

Lowry seems like a spoiled bitch though. Wasn't him demanding more time part of why the AB3 trade happened?

Fuck that nonsense.

You of all people should know about drafting bigs based on potential and measurements. Kwame Brown? Andray Blatche? Javale McGee?

I don't see it far fetched to pick up Lillard. He's definitely got the talent and work ethic. I'm really impressed by him in interviews. He comes off intelligent and self-aware. I feel like that will come through on the basketball court. I think he'll be an excellent PG in the NBA.

Lillard isn't really going to help you guys get to the next level though. Blazers are stuck where those Sloan Jazz teams were...maybe even in a worse situation. You're only chance is striking gold in the draft and as small of a chance as it may look, Drummond has that potential. Why waste that opportunity on a guy projected to go between 7 and like 15?

You need pau.
Lowry/ scola for pau

I'd go with Kevin Martin and Lowry. Works financially and that'd be a really tough team to defend. Great balance too. Bynum inside and he can literally kick to anyone on the wing when doubled and have a guy who can hit the shot.

giri

I'd go with Kevin Martin and Lowry. Works financially and that'd be a really tough team to defend. Great balance too. Bynum inside and he can literally kick to anyone on the wing when doubled and have a guy who can hit the shot.

No team trying to improve in the NBA should be asking "How can we get Kevin Martin."

This is one of those rare occasions where... he came off really well spoken. Wasn't just giving pre-scripted generic responses.

Actually mildly impressed.

Eh Barnes has always been a high IQ/well spoken guy. Teams really WANT to like him but he's so damn stiff...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dwight Howard is a huge idiot. He wants to be traded to the Nets by draft day. Why the fuck did he opt in then? Nets could have signed him and Deron. But he chose to opt in. This guy is confusing the shit out of me.

Lol damn. Dwight really is an idiot, he couldn't go through with a full heel turn so he'd tried to stay face and failed miserably.

You need pau.
Lowry/ scola for pau

If this happens Morey really is wearing the purple and gold :lol.

Is it even possible for the Nets to trade for Dwight? The Nets have like...zero contracts to move at this point.

Suppose it wouldn't be too hard to involve a third team by dangling Lopez though.

I want bynum's bitchassness gone.
Deron/ Lopez for bynum/sessions/artest

Eh Barnes has always been a high IQ/well spoken guy. Teams really WANT to like him but he's so damn stiff...

This is pretty much how I feel. He's too high strung to perform up to what he's capable of, his brain gets in the way. Dude needs to either start smoking some green stuff or get on chill pills.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This is pretty much how I feel. He's too high strung to perform up to what he's capable of, his brain gets in the way. Dude, needs to either start smoking some green stuff or get on chill pills or something.

we still got tyrus

all that weed ain't gonna smoke itself

Smokey

Lillard isn't really going to help you guys get to the next level though. Blazers are stuck where those Sloan Jazz teams were...maybe even in a worse situation. You're only chance is striking gold in the draft and as small of a chance as it may look, Drummond has that potential. Why waste that opportunity on a guy projected to go between 7 and like 15?

Kobe would destroy Kevin Martins
little
will to play basketball

I agree with what everyone else is saying about Drummond at the 6 spot. If he's still available the Blazers would be retarded not to take him. What you need at Center is defense and rebounding, Drummond would provide that almost immediately. LMA is all the offense you need out of your front court for the moment.

I agree with what everyone else is saying about Drummond at the 6 spot. If he's still available the Blazers would be retarded not to take him. What you need at Center is defense and rebounding and Drummond would provide that almost immediately. LMA is all the offense you need out of your front court for the moment.

Ehh, Drummond right now is still too dumb and lazy to be that major of a factor defensively and centers still need to be able to catch and dunk to not kill their teams on offense. I do think he could eventually be as good Tyson Chandler even though I hate on him a lot...

Canuck76

Banned

I'd like Drumm but if we take Lillard that wouldn't be completely terrible. How he'll do in the NBA, with NBA defense and competition is questionable. But he is super efficient and seems willing to work hard. At the very least he'll be a stable PG for us for a long time. I think Goran would be a better use of our resources.

But I'm more worried about trading #6 for Lowry or something dumb. Neil's talked a good talk (wanting to rebuild) but God forbid Houston's like "ok, Lowry and Scola, plus Kevin Martin!" And we take that crap.

I feel like we have a lot to lose if we screw this draft up.

giri

I love that people are starting to respect the Dragon. But i doubt the rockets let him go. Not with the way he was playing at the end of the season. I think (and from some stuff I've read) that they're more likely to trade Lowry.

Bowser

I agree with what everyone else is saying about Drummond at the 6 spot. If he's still available the Blazers would be retarded not to take him. What you need at Center is defense and rebounding, Drummond would provide that almost immediately. LMA is all the offense you need out of your front court for the moment.

@sam_amick In the continuing draft circuit, I’m told Kansas F Thomas Robinson had his way w/ UConn C Andre Drummond in a Cleveland workout today.

lol

I love that people are starting to respect the Dragon. But i doubt the rockets let him go. Not with the way he was playing at the end of the season. I think (and from some stuff I've read) that they're more likely to trade Lowry.

FO is too incompetent to admit their mistake and get him back. One can still dream until he has a new contract. I will never forgive them for that trade.

giri

That fateful elbow game made me a believer.

I would have said the game where he completely embarassed the spurs in in San Antonio during the play offs made me believe he really had another level, where he could play at the top level in the NBA.

what happened to AB anyway when he got to phx that is resulting to him now playing overseas?

stopped paying attention to him really when he left

AB3 stayed in china as his team made the play offs / finals with his team losing to marburry's i think in the finals. He would only have come back mid / late march or something, and by then, PHX's season was done, so he never re-joined the team.

I don't know what extra cash/incentives his team gave him to stay in china though.

I'm pretty over him though. He pouted for a while when he joined the team. Played like shit. Then chose another team over the suns. On top of the fact that i didn't really believe he was more than a score first PG with limited ability in the first place...

I'd like to be wrong about him, because... well the suns need something to go right cause ATM we're really fucked. Like, worse than bobcat fucked. There's 2 guys i'd keep, Dudley and Morris. The rest can be traded with out hesitation.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
what happened to AB anyway when he got to phx that is resulting to him now playing overseas?

stopped paying attention to him really when he left

Dude signed a deal to play in China like a week before the lockout ended. He wasn't allowed to leave in time.

giri

Dude signed a deal to play in China like a week before the lockout ended. He wasn't allowed to leave in time.

They were all released from their contracts by the CBA.

well, not released, but told they could leave if they chose to, mid season (obviously losing pay).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If Portland takes Lillard or Drummond at #6, who do they go for at #11?

That depends on who they take at 6..

If AD then it is a no-brainer to take Ross..

If Lillard then the choices become a little harder...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
@sam_amick

Agent Andy Miller confirms ESPN report that Iowa State forward Royce White has pulled out of all remaining workouts. Source says Iowa State F Royce White does not have a promise from Boston.
oh no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom