• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to be wrong about him, because... well the suns need something to go right cause ATM we're really fucked. Like, worse than bobcat fucked. There's 2 guys i'd keep, Dudley and Morris. The rest can be traded with out hesitation.

How can we even evaluate if Brooks is worth a new contract? Played like shit and then spent last season in China. We couldn't be in a worse position for addressing PG. This off season is going to be entertaining as hell for Suns fans. The whole damn team is a FA, Nash could very well move on, we have all this money but won't spend it, etc. The fact that I have no idea who will be a Phoenix Sun beyond a few players is hilarious. FO makes me feel like I'm a Clipper fan (previous years). Feels bad, man. The good news is, Dudley and Morris are two of the few players still under contract. The bad news is Frye joins them. FOL (o replacing m, you're stuck in this wagon with me).

giri

How can we even evaluate if Brooks is worth a new contract? Played like shit and then spent last season in China. We couldn't be in a worse position for addressing PG. This off season is going to be entertaining as hell for Suns fans. The whole damn team is a FA, Nash could very well move on, we have all this money but won't spend it, etc. The fact that I have no idea who will be a Phoenix Sun beyond a few players is hilarious. FO makes me feel like I'm a Clipper fan (previous years). Feels bad, man. The good news is, Dudley and Morris are two of the few players still under contract. The bad news is Frye joins them. FOL (o replacing m, you're stuck in this wagon with me).

As i said earlier though, the one saving grace is that the suns usually draft well.

The shitty brown lining to the cloud is, they usually trade the player away.

Yeah, Dudley, Morris, Gortat, Frye all have contracts.

Oh and Childress! Probably Warrick too.

As i said, tradeable.

As i said earlier though, the one saving grace is that the suns usually draft well.

The shitty brown lining to the cloud is, they usually trade the player away.

Yeah, Dudley, Morris, Gortat, Frye all have contracts.

Oh and Childress! Probably Warrick too.

As i said, tradeable.

Drafts don't matter much if you trade them away as you already referenced. Lopez still hasn't panned out yet and we'll see how Morris does (though I'm happy with him thus far). Nash and Amare are the only recent success stories that actually stayed with the team and now even Amare is gone...

Yeah all those guys are on the books and I wonder if we'll amnesty Childress. Who do you think is tradeable for a reasonable amount of value? Gortat would be the only one.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've got something that will cheer you guys up.

We are now on the official countdown to the return of the Boozer Defense Force!!!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I've got something that will cheer you guys up.

We are now on the official countdown to the return of the Boozer Defense Force!!!

ibexIg0bMGJNq.gif

Kevtones

Take that love and appreciation to the other thread. This is for haters only.

Bron is an insecure brat who betrayed everyone that loved him. He'll always be a headcase choker more interested in 'how much better his life is' than those that question his immortality and his surrogate stepfather is Delonte West.

charsace

Dude, I know you're taking up my cause, but just stop.

Bennett bought the team knowing that he planned to move it, and that Schultz was a greedy bastard who would take a high offer, and that stadium fatigue had set in and Seattle taxpayers wouldn't build a new arena for the Sonics. Add in the (legit) rebuilding process that involved blowing up the team, and you had a perfect mix of apathy that would allow him to bring the NBA to OKC.

I personally think Schultz is more to blame, but what Bennett did is undeniably shitty and duplicitous. I think Seattle deserves another team and it sucks that a lot of people there will never be able to appreciate the specialness of the Thunder because of how shit went down.

Congrats Heat-Age. Next season can't get here soon enough.

And here it is. A combination of Schultz, greedy politicians that wanted the 75mill and a little over half of the state that was fed up with the team are what caused the move of the Sonics. At the end of this year Sonic fans will be hot when they lose the Sonics history so that government will get the remaining $35mill that they have left to receive. Anyone that thinks the stadium proposal happening right now will go through are gullible. Stern is just helping a few rich people in Seattle save face. They are saving face like Schultz did when he sued Bennett and claimed he didn't know anything.

Bowser

Hm, apparently NBA execs think the Cavs will approach the Cats for #2 to take Beal. I wouldn't mind Barnes/T-Rob at 4 plus an extra first round pick.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So since, on the greatest stage, Durant has solidified that he won't boss up and demand the ball, OKC's only hope is to bring in a PG who will purposely look for him.
Hm, apparently NBA execs think the Cavs will approach the Cats for #2 to take Beal. I wouldn't mind Barnes/T-Rob at 4 plus an extra first round pick.

Giving up what?

So since, on the greatest stage, Durant has solidified that he won't boss up and demand the ball, OKC's only hope is to bring in a PG who will purposely look for him.

Giving up what?

Need to handle KD like Dirk, get him a PG who can make great passes and make the game easier. I still think a Rondo/Westbrook trade would be beneficial, but now that Harden shit the bed this series, I'm not sure what to think of him as a starter.

They sort of made the NBA Finals, guys. I think the Thunder were better than they showed against the Heat and worse than they looked against the Spurs, but hotstreaks and coldstreaks do happen in the NBA

Ibaka and Perkins and Fisher suck though

Bowser

Giving up what?

No idea, article didn't say, but I would hope #24

• As Charlotte continues to ponder its decision at No. 2, numerous executives expect the Bobcats to be approached by Cleveland (No. 4) about the possibility of swapping picks (if it hasn't happened already) in order for the Cavaliers to land Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal. While Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving is known to be a huge proponent of drafting North Carolina small forward Harrison Barnes, it appears Beal has shot up their big board just as he has so many others, and it's widely believed that he won't get past Washington at No. 3 if they don't make a move.

The Cavs have four picks (Nos. 4, 24, 33, 34), and those could be enticing to the Bobcats as assets should they decide to pursue both quality and quantity in this draft. It would make some sense, considering they're coming off such a horrific season (league-record-low winning percentage of .106) and need so much roster help. What's more, if the widely held opinion that Washington would take Kentucky small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at the No. 3 spot if Beal was gone held true, the Bobcats could still get Barnes at No. 4 if that's the direction they wanted to go. For more on that ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...bobcats-bradley-beal/index.html#ixzz1yUkbnUL4

giri

Drafts don't matter much if you trade them away as you already referenced. Lopez still hasn't panned out yet and we'll see how Morris does (though I'm happy with him thus far). Nash and Amare are the only recent success stories that actually stayed with the team and now even Amare is gone...

Yeah all those guys are on the books and I wonder if we'll amnesty Childress. Who do you think is tradeable for a reasonable amount of value? Gortat would be the only one.

Childress has some value, but more than likely will only get you a late first at best.
Gortat... is the most over valued player on the Team. I reckon you could get a lottery (mid) pick for him and a "project". Whether the suns have the competency to pull off that deal though....

Frye to the right team would be useful. Would be interesting on a team like the heat, not that they have anything the suns want.

Teflair/Price - Trade to whom ever has their only PG get injured early in the season for a mid / late 1st round pick.

Same with Brown/Redd Get a late 1st if you can.

I think warrick has value still, but that would require some really good work in the FO to get the most for him.

Basically, i'd trade everyone for as many first round picks as we can get. Then just have a rookie team + Dudley / Morris to start 2013! Gentry can do it!

Yeah, we're pretty fucked.

pilonv1

The Suns would have to give up draft picks to get rid of Childress, have you seen his contract, giri?

If I was a Suns fan I'd want to forget that contract more than anything. Almost worth paying Amare $100million over the way Sarver spent his cap room that off season.

Eeeeh, SF is the position where the Cavs have ZERO talent, so they we are likely better off resigning Gee and taking Barnes.

Cats could be utter trolls and make them take Maggette in any deal for #2

charsace

Childress has some value, but more than likely will only get you a late first at best.
Gortat... is the most over valued player on the Team. I reckon you could get a lottery (mid) pick for him and a "project". Whether the suns have the competency to pull off that deal though....

Frye to the right team would be useful. Would be interesting on a team like the heat, not that they have anything the suns want.

Teflair/Price - Trade to whom ever has their only PG get injured early in the season for a mid / late 1st round pick.

I think warrick has value still, but that would require some really good work in the FO to get the most for him.

Basically, i'd trade everyone for as many first round picks as we can get. Then just have a rookie team + Dudley / Morris to start 2013! Gentry can do it!

You're not getting a late first for Childress. Childress is garbage and you would probably have to trade a pick to get rid of him.

I don't think those guys have that kind of value. Gortat could be sold and perhaps Telfair to a desperate team if something happened to their PG (he's another still under contract). Childress' contract is probably the worst one and there's no way in hell someone would take that. We have to amnesty his ass. Brown will not be on this team, he's going to want a big pay day. The amount he'll want would probably ruin a potential s/t. Redd I see us resigning on the cheap. MAYBE someone could be fooled into Warrick for some value if his contract wasn't ridiculous for what he brings to the table. Actually, he might only have another season left on it...probably more trade-able next year. Frye didn't do anything this season to garner interest I would think...

We really are fucked. Seriously, the only thing to hope and pray for is that Sarver sells the team within the next year or two. Only with a new regime can we hope to rebuild into a good team again.

So now that the season has concluded, what were the most memorable games/plays/events/stories?

Definitely one of the most memorable events from this season was the Jeremy Lin saga. You might not be a fan of his game, might think he's overrated, whatever. But damn, watching a fellow asian come out of left field and capture the attention of the NBA and media by storm was pretty fun to watch. Also the gifs, images, and videos that came from him was fantastic.

The T-Wolves were freakin fun to watch this season too. Can't wait to see them play again with a healthy Rubio and Non.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPBBm8zoFc&feature=plcp

So now that the season has concluded, what were the most memorable games/plays/events/stories?

Definitely one of the most memorable events from this season was the Jeremy Lin saga. You might not be a fan of his game, might think he's overrated, whatever. But damn, watching a fellow asian come out of left field and capture the attention of the NBA and media by storm was pretty fun to watch. Also the gifs, images, and videos that came from him was fantastic.

The T-Wolves were freakin fun to watch this season too. Can't wait to see them play again with a healthy Rubio and Non.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPBBm8zoFc&feature=plcp

He was a bit overrated but Linsanity was good shit. Obviously my most memorable moment is the Chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom