• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

I believe New Orleans will change their name so maybe Charlotte would want the Hornet name.

I wish. The uni revamp tells me it's not happening. Why waste money creating brand new jerseys if they Jordan had any intentions of bringing back the Hornets name, if available?

SamuraiX-

At least your uniforms are nicer now.

Ipwqi.jpg

Phil Jackson and Russell Westbrook together would be lolzworthy. I could only imagine Phil teaching YN the triangle.

Jackson: "OK, Russ, I want you to pass the ball to Perkins here and then run to this spot."

YNB: "Ok, then I can shoot?"

Jackson:"No, you need to set a screen for Kevin here and then run back to the top of the key."

YNB: "I get that, but when can I shoot?"

Jackson:"No Russell, this play is not for you. You can't shoot on this play"

YNB:" FUCK YOU PHILLIP! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW MANY RINGS YOU GOT, AINT NO COACH GONNA TELL ME WHEN TO SHOOT! I DONT GIVE A FUCK!"

Phil Jackson and Russell Westbrook together would be lolzworthy. I could only imagine Phil teaching YN the triangle.

Jackson: "OK, Russ, I want you to pass the ball to Perkins here and then run to this spot."

Jackson:"No, you need to set a screen for Kevin here and then run back to the top of the key."

YNB:" FUCK YOU PHILLIP! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW MANY RINGS YOU GOT, AINT NO COACH GONNA TELL ME WHEN TO SHOOT! I DONT GIVE A FUCK!"

"Wait Ms. Jackson, if I'm busy passing, screening and playing D and shit, how the fuck am I supposed to shoot? I ain't ever seen a man shoot while setting a screen! Fuck it, I'll be the first. The shot taking innovator!"

I can't for the life of me remember what YNB stands for. I know it's for Westbrook but can one of you refresh my memory?

My man Mugsy! Bringing hope to all short kids in the 90's. Maybe just maybe, you can still make it to the big leagues.

SamuraiX-

Bobcats work out Harrison Barnes
Barnes said he didn't get much feedback from Jordan, president of basketball operations Rod Higgins, general manager Rich Cho or Dunlap, who was hired this week and guided Thursday's workouts in his first day on the job.

Fuck. :(

I better just accept the Barnes future. I guess he's better than Cisco, Greene, Salmons, Outlaw or whatever other fucking trash we've managed to stockpile at the SF position.

So now that we have the bird rights and can keep Lin and use the MLE, what should we do Knicks-Age?

If we can get Steve Nash, we have to do it. He may still go to Miami, though :x

So now that we have the bird rights and can keep Lin and use the MLE, what should we do Knicks-Age?

If we can get Steve Nash, we have to do it. He may still go to Miami, though :x

Last thing Knicks need is a defensive downgrade. Bron and Wade dominant the ball in Miami.

OKC would make a lot of sense.

Hey, Westbrook is a more willing screener than Durant though.

Last thing Knicks need is a defensive downgrade. Bron and Wade dominant the ball in Miami.

The Knicks were really good defensively this year, their problem was that their offense was horrible and it's not like Nash will be worse than Lin defensively.

Looking at that Larry Johnson, Mugsy, Mourning picture reminds me how many great careers have been prematurely ended by injuries. Heck today's shooting guard core has been devastated by them: Michael Redd, Brandon Roy, Ben Gordon, and Vince Carter all had several prime years taken away by injuries.

charsace

MKG and Barnes aren't that far apart and that roster is going to need offense a lot more than it does defense. Unless you think MKG can play and defend 2 guards Barnes would be the smarter pick.

I think MKG is a much better player and has a better attitude than Barnes.

Can't believe the bobcats are taking another NC player.

charsace

Hey, Westbrook is a more willing screener than Durant though.

The Knicks were really good defensively this year, their problem was that their offense was horrible and it's not like Nash will be worse than Lin defensively.

I think Nash is a worse defender than Lin overall. But it won't matter because overall the knicks are one of the better defensive teams in the league.

So how over payed is Lin gonna be?
The Garden will factor in how much revenue he'll bring in from Asian companies (see their stock ticker) and rationalize it. However, they need to be smart here: Lin doesn't deserve a penny over $6 mill (and even 6 mill is a stretch). I'd start off by offering him like 4 years/19 or 5 years/25, both are very fair.

EDIT: Actually the most they could offer Lin is $5 million-ish per. nvm.
Oh yes he will. Most of Lin's deficiencies are effort and knowledge, things that can be worked on. He's 6'3-ish and actually has the frame and quickness where he SHOULD be better on D. Nash doesn't have the athleticism anymore.
Dat arbitration ruling. Things are looking up for the Neohawks!
Goddamnit I told you about that NeoHawks terminology.

Canuck76

Banned
Are there any of knicks age that see the light and want to blow it up?

Melo is great but.....come on now. Who's going to solve your problems at this point?

If something isn't done it's first round exits for the next couple of years with maybe a second round Cinderella run in there somewhere

Are there any of knicks age that see the light and want to blow it up?

Melo is great but.....come on now. Who's going to solve your problems at this point?

If something isn't done it's first round exits for the next couple of years with maybe a second round Cinderella run in there somewhere

I think we got something good going right now. Amare is the only problem. Lets see how he is next season.

OKC would make a lot of sense.

Bulls win 50 with Nash even if Rose sits out the entire season. I don't think he would want to play for Thibodeau, though. Not do we have the cash. The Bulls need to move Deng and Asik.

Bulls win 50 with Nash even if Rose sits out the entire season. I don't think he would want to play for Thibodeau, though. Not do we have the cash. The Bulls need to move Deng and Asik.
Well they have enough defensive players at each position to hide Nash + a coach that stresses a great defensive plan. Knicks don't have the amount of defensive players the Bulls do, which is why I keep saying whether it's free agents/UDFA/NBDL guys they needs guys who are freaks on D. Uber athletic, long wingspans, and youthier.

giri

I can't for the life of me remember what YNB stands for. I know it's for Westbrook but can one of you refresh my memory?

My man Mugsy! Bringing hope to all short kids in the 90's. Maybe just maybe, you can still make it to the big leagues.

why not brook.

giri

Uhh they can't move deng unless they get dwight back. he's that important to their defense.

Nash is not going to come and play for $3M. Jason Kidd for the vet mininum and hope Ray Allen would want to play for $3M.

Fuck it, lets hope you get PP, KG, Ray Allen, Kidd, Nash, Kobe, Camby, Dirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom