• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCX

DCX
66e8de8cb3f411e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg
Melo LVL 2.0

DCX

Canuck76

Banned

I don't even think he's the biggest problem. It's just like.....

Odom or Ray Allen won't band aid the mess that is this team. Which really, they'll make the playoffs but it's just a bit of a mess right now.

And i want the knicks to be like they were in the 90's guys. You guys are dedicated fans and i want some measure of success besides a single playoff win.

The M.O.B

Got the banner to update this thread with.

111miami_heat_bannerv5d8e.png

Make it happen Ace!

Remember when we had Joel Anthony starting at center? wtf was spo thinking all that time

And then this for everyone else.
b88e16fb-24ec-4508-80eb-dfebb6692124wallpaper_crop_650x440.jpg

Pimpwerx

Sup Loserbros.

Bad feeling: losing like that in a series when it should have gone at least 6. Wondering how the hell Fisher played 29 minutes and Perk played 20 minutes while Collison and Sefolosha played 17 and 9 respectively.

Worse feeling: the same coach who did that shit will be back next year. If we get this far again, it'll be in spite of him.

It was unbelievable how well the Heat roleplayers shot this series, and they deserve credit. But it's *slightly* easier to shoot well when you're being guarded by lockdown perimeter defenders Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins.

Collison was a foul magnet, putting us in the bonus early, and Sefolosha...I don't know. I'm guessing Brooks wanted to inject 3pt shooting since we were killing you guys with 3s that game. It's not like Wade was killing you guys, so his defense wasn't really a top priority.

OTOH, I don't know why Perkins even played this series. Spo didn't play Joel or Ronny because they'd be as useless as Perk out there. That was kind of puzzling. PEACE.

Do you think Wade is still consistent enough to carry a team deep into the playoffs?
Naw his body is fucked. I been expecting him to break down early ever since i first saw him play. I don't think there ever has been a guy that drives to the hole as reckless as he did. Not one fuck given.

masud

Banned
Berman (lol) says a source told him Nash wont come to the Knicks because of how they treated D'Antoni...
I don't think that neohawk thing will catch on, man.
If cats want to live in denial that's fine with me. You can't hurt me if I don't belive in you Knicks!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Knicks defensive ranking is 5th so you can both go suck down a fat wad.

I think the Bobcats will surprise everyone and take Drummond. He can come in and be a great rebounder and defender from the start and they will hope he pans out offensively. Is workouts on the offensive end will convince them.

I bet you think Melo will lead NY to the promised land too.

And Robinson just took Drummond's soul in workouts apparently.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
that rating system has me dying

they also said fewer than 10 franchise players. and there's core and top starter...

my guess:

lebron
dwight
durant
kobe
cp3
nowitzki
rose
wade (probably not end of the year wade)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-askira,0,4255444.story

Q: If Mike Miller retires, would that mean that the $5.8 million we would have owed him could be used towards other free agents? -- Dennis.

A: No, if he retires due to injury and collects his remaining salary, the Heat would have to wait two years before his cap space clears.

wait what

SamuraiX-

At the other end, Cho describes a “No-Bobcat” as a player whose talent falls far short of NBA-caliber or who’s behavior is so egregious it can’t be tolerated.

Did Screamin' A design this ranking by any chance?

SamuraiX-

Oh, and I know I'm LTTP as shit, but just got around to seeing The Avengers.

So, so, so, sooooo good. Some of the most amazing cinematography I've ever seen.

Truphenom

Late as fuck to the party but whatever, I'm finally sober. Grats to the Heat and heat age for an entertaining finals, hopefully LeBron coasts from now on instead of building a mini dynasty.

Hope Melo feels the pressure of being the bum of the 03 draft class and works to get out of the 2nd round next season(prob not).

And fuck Eddie Curry, hope he chokes on that bullshit ring he's getting.

RBH

The Atlanta Hawks have offered Danny Ferry their general manager job and are engaged in serious talks toward completing a deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

No deal was complete on Sunday afternoon, but there was progress toward an eventual agreement, sources said.

A front-office executive with the San Antonio Spurs, Ferry has also had extensive talks with the Philadelphia 76ers on their GM position, but his focus has strongly swung to the Atlanta job.
Ferry traveled to Philadelphia to meet with Sixers ownership two weeks ago and continued talks with the organization.

Ferry would replace Hawks GM Rick Sund, who had been leaning toward retirement or taking on an advisory role with his contract expiring after Thursday's NBA draft.

Between two stops as an assistant GM with the Spurs, Ferry spent 2005-10 as the GM of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Under Ferry, Cleveland advanced to the 2007 NBA Finals and twice had the NBA’s best regular-season record. Ferry hired coach Mike Brown and constructed a roster around star LeBron James that included deals for Mo Williams, Shaquille O’Neal and Antawn Jamison. After parting ways with the Cavaliers in June of 2010, Ferry returned to the Spurs' front office as the vice president of basketball operations under RC Buford and Gregg Popovich.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--a...gm-job.html;_ylt=AjBGvi.apWTCruGK0zBdTfg5nYcB

That tutorial video is so funny. The way the dude doesn't protect the ball and the defender just lazily jumps past the ball doesn't really show you how to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom