• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
JR Smith was never a Hawk...

You misunderstand this whole Neohawk thing. Its not about there being a direct correlation to the hawks roster, it's more about the Knicks being an iso heavy Mike Woodson coached team that will probably have home court advantage in the first round for the next 3-4 years but will have absolutly no chance of getting out of the 2nd round.

Lkr

I will be so mad of Sessions doesn't resign and the Lakers lack a point guard going into next season. Unless he is being sacrificed for deron williams

h3ro

Here's a picture of Sabas using an iPad.

paveikslelis-46700-bg2.jpg

Yes, an iPad. Not an iPhone. Pad.

He's not your vedis, he's not my vedis, he's Arvydis!!

Cloudy

Banned
Nothing to really get excited about as a Lakers fan besides the Olympics. Hope Kobe gets to bail out these young kids again :D

Pkaz01

So I'm guessing sometime in mid-July.

Well the game against Dominican republic is on the 12th of July so they have to announce it sometime before that right? Cuz thats the one i'm going to.

Hopefully wade, harden, and odom aren't on the team. A little disappointed Drose can't play and Howard won't either.

I was thinking about the Kings today and they have one of the most overlapped/log jammed rosters in the league when it comes to the guard position:

Tyreke Evans
Isaiah Thomas (21st century version)
Jimmer
Marcus Thornton
Salmons (also an undersized SF)
Francisco Guarcia (also spends time at SF)

What the Hell Petrie. Make some trades and clean this mess up!

pilonv1

pilonv, do you think West will take Drummond if he drops to 7th?

Here's a great column on it, from the sounds of it Lacob (and Myers) value size and motor.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...-zeller-waiters-lillard-brandon-roy-and-more/

I think if Drummond is there they will take him, but only if all of the other top 6 are gone. Doubtful they pick Lillard over him but then again like their weird professed interest in Zeller it could just be a smokescreen.

NewLib

Banned
Act like Wade didn't have Shaq. How about rings with Wade being the man on his team? LeBron has done better than Wade being the man.

Shaq in 2006 was not Shaq of 2000. Not even close.

There may have been doubt who was the man on that team in Shaq's first year in Miami but there was no question it was Wade's team when they won the championship.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

There may have been doubt who was the man on that team in Shaq's first year in Miami but there was no question it was Wade's team when they won the championship.

I'm really not sure how you can say that when Shaq was the focus of every opposing team's defense until 07.

Wade became a legit all-star when Shaq showed up, yeah, but lets not pretend that Shaq wasn't the key to that offense just because Wade did a lot more flashy shit.

So it wasn't LeBron who led them to the chip in these finals, huh? It was Bosh, Right?

SamuraiX-

I was thinking about the Kings today and they have one of the most overlapped/log jammed rosters in the league when it comes to the guard position:

Tyreke Evans
Isaiah Thomas (21st century version)
Jimmer
Marcus Thornton
Salmons (also an undersized SF)
Francisco Guarcia (also spends time at SF)

What the Hell Petrie. Make some trades and clean this mess up!

The best GM in the league couldn't find a team to take on Salmons's insulting contract, Cisco's busted ass, or... I completely forgot we're stuck with Travis motherfuckin Outlaw and Chuck Hayes for another 3 years. Fuck this team.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The best GM in the league couldn't find a team to take on Salmons's insulting contract, Cisco's busted ass, or... I completely forgot we're stuck with Travis motherfuckin Outlaw and Chuck Hayes for another 3 years. Fuck this team.

Its worse than being a Cats fan. :O

charsace

0MMxm.png

Knicks are getting ready for a great run next season!(hopefully)

I hope Amare, Melo and Tyson put in some work with LJ and Houston.

SamuraiX-

Well the game against Dominican republic is on the 12th of July so they have to announce it sometime before that right? Cuz thats the one i'm going to.

Hopefully wade, harden, and odom aren't on the team. A little disappointed Drose can't play and Howard won't either.

Their last exhibition game is against Spain on July 24th and the last team training session is on July 25th. First game of the Olympics starts July 29th.

They're usually required to finalize the roster just before the Olympics starts, so yeah, probably in late July.

Here are the finalists.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/2012MOLYroster.html

Surefire picks IMO:

Paul
Williams
Westbrook
Kobe
Wade (although he might not play)
LeBron
Durant
Bosh
Chandler

Melo probably makes it too, I'd imagine, which only leave 2 spots for the rest.

Wade most definitely won't be playing because he's a bitch. That leaves 4 spots. Melo, Love, Iggy, and Gordon are the surefire picks to make the final roster for me. Maybe sub out Iggy or Gordon for Anthony Davis just for the sake of having a rookie or otherwise because they're severely lacking on bigs.

Gigglepoo

Wade wasn't the undisputed man in 06 but he is unquestionably the one who led the way in the playoffs.

07 was an irrelevant season...

Irrelevant because your title defense consisted of a first-round sweep? Ball don't lie. Heat won a title because the refs handed it to them, and then they couldn't even get out of the first round after that. Pathetic. Wade's the most overrated superstar in the league, by quite a wide margin.

ibteUunLPHPgc4.gif

The trash can is incapable of matador D. Trash can > Amare.

This is still probably my favorite gif you guys have made this year, no disrespect to the God Sunhi if this isn't his work. It's like they're all just AMAZED at Tony Parker and it took them a second to react, "hey wait a minute, I'm in a basketball game"

By looking at the Knicks players on the court in that GIF.

You got
Lin
Novak
Amare
Melo
Fields

Defense shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as any of those players.
Popovich would have shit on Parker for not being aggressive and attacking the basket.

Irrelevant because your title defense consisted of a first-round sweep? Ball don't lie. Heat won a title because the refs handed it to them, and then they couldn't even get out of the first round after that. Pathetic. Wade's the most overrated superstar in the league, by quite a wide margin.

Or irrelevant because of major injuries to Wade? Naw but don't let my logic fuck up your conspiracy.

Gigglepoo

Or irrelevant because of major injuries to Wade? Naw but don't let my logic fuck up your conspiracy.

I never denied that Wade's body is breaking down. He hasn't been an elite player since 2006, and even then he needed tons of help to get a ring.

He's overrated because people ignore that he's been injured for six seasons and isn't nearly as good as he was during his peak. Though does it really count as "injured" if you have too much wear and tear on your body? Without LeBron, he would have been T Mac 2.0 the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom