• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Getting pretty excited at the prospect of Nash now.

If we bring him on, we'll just need to get some real upgrades over that awful DD/JJ combo on the wings and we're not looking so bad (and hopefully that'll come via the draft/FA).

thekad

Banned
Except he's never posted those stats for a season.

Ever.

And he only posted that for a month Once.

And doesn't hide the fact that he's an injured cry baby.

So no, he's not a 16/7/5 player.

Post All star break you did have a PG putting up those numbers. But it wasn't lowry.

Uh, he got an infection that took him out the second half of the season. His numbers in the second half of last season continued (and got slightly better) this season until he went down. So yeah, he is a 16/7/5 player.

giri

Getting pretty excited at the prospect of Nash now.

If we bring him on, we'll just need to get some real upgrades over that awful DD/JJ combo on the wings and we're not looking so bad (and hopefully that'll come via the draft/FA).

What team is this for?

Also, there's literally 30 rumours about where Nash is going to end up.

thekad

Banned
I wonder if Morey could flip those picks for Dwight on draft day and then trade Dragic and filler for Deron on July 1.

Deron
Martin
Parsons
Scola
Dwight

Apparently, it's Lowry to Toronto for the eight pick and #14 & #16 for the 5th pick.

Brinbe

I find it hard to believe Nash is that much of a nationalist that he'd go join the Craptors to finish out his career

Hell, I feel the same, but he's already said he's not that concerned about finishing with a ring. Combine that with the fact that he's now the GM of our national team, and that we're on his supposed "short-list" with Brooklyn and Phoenix and it seems like a no-brainer at this point.

Of course I'm not saying it's a guarantee, just that I can see the signs pointing in that direction. And after how shitty this team has been these past 3/4 years, I'll take any excitement I can f'n get.

giri

Uh, he got an infection that took him out the second half of the season. His numbers in the second half of last season continued (and got slightly better) this season until he went down. So yeah, he is a 16/7/5 player.

He had one month last year, where he average that or above. Other than that he was below 14 ppg... and since december he'd been playing 32+mpg

No, he's no where near a 16/7/5 player. He's certainly never proven it anyway.

This is like the andrea bargnani 10 game selective argument. Guy has had great spurts, but has never been able to maintain it. And he's had plenty of minutes to prove other wise.

giri

Hell, I feel the same, but he's already said he's not that concerned about finishing with a ring. Combine that with the fact that he's now the GM of our national team, and that we're on his supposed "short-list" with Brooklyn and Phoenix and it seems like a no-brainer at this point.

Of course I'm not saying it's a guarantee, just that I can see the signs pointing in that direction. And after how shitty this team has been these past 3/4 years, I'll take any excitement I can f'n get.

0_o the raptors are in as bad a spot as PHX. There's very little to draw him to that team over PHX.

I wouldn't be counting on it. Brooklyn has more of a shot as his family reside there in the off season.

Brinbe

0_o the raptors are in as bad a spot as PHX. There's very little to draw him to that team over PHX.

I wouldn't be counting on it. Brooklyn has more of a shot as his family reside there in the off season.

Nah, I want him to get a ring, but I'm not pulling this shit outta my ass, there's genuine feeling out there that we're where he might be headed.

Hell, he told Slam...
SLAM: Let’s start with your upcoming free agency. Have you decided what type of situation you’re looking for? It’s safe to say you want to join a team that’s ready to contend, but most of the sure contenders have a starting point guard already, so are you looking to go somewhere to win, even if you may not start?

Steve Nash: I’m considering everything at the moment. I would love to win a Championship, yes, but I’m not one of those people who believe I must win one to have a fulfilling career, so other factors, such as salary, family, playing time, and opportunity for team success all factor in.

thekad

Banned
He had one month last year, where he average that or above. Other than that he was below 14 ppg... and since december he'd been playing 32+mpg

No, he's no where near a 16/7/5 player. He's certainly never proven it anyway.

This is like the andrea bargnani 10 game selective argument. Guy has had great spurts, but has never been able to maintain it. And he's had plenty of minutes to prove other wise.

Uh, in the 38 games he started this year he averaged 16/7/5/2 while being 1a/1b with Rubio as the top defensive point guard. Post all star break last year he put up 17/7/5.

giri

Uh, in the 38 games he started this year he averaged 16/7/5/2 while being 1a/1b with Rubio as the top defensive point guard. Post all star break last year he put up 17/7/5.

Post allstar break last year he played 22 games. In the previous 53 he was much closer to his realistic averages of 14/6/4 as a peak.

I never argued the guy was bad. He's just over valued on GAF.

There is ZERO chance Nash goes to Toronto. The only way he isn't staying in Phoenix is if the FO doesn't bring sufficient talent here this off season. We most likely won't, but that comment infers that he cares about the team being good and having growth potential sooner than later. Raptors suck even worse than the Suns (granted, we have Nash) so why would he go there? Makes absolutely no sense. People just want to grasp onto him being a Canadian native but I'm sure he cares more about the fact that he has a home in NY than that. If he doesn't stay in PHX, my money is on NY.

giri

There's people saying that Nash is only interested in Portland, Toronto, and Phoenix.

There is ZERO chance Nash goes to Toronto. The only way he isn't staying in Phoenix is if the FO doesn't bring sufficient talent here this off season. We most likely won't, but that comment infers that he cares about the team being good and having growth potential sooner than later. Raptors suck even worse than the Suns (granted, we have Nash) so why would he go there? Makes absolutely no sense. People just want to grasp onto him being a Canadian native but I'm sure he cares more about the fact that he has a home in NY than that. If he doesn't stay in PHX, my money is on NY.

The rumours about nash are as bad/worse than Dwight.

If he leaves PHX, it won't be for money. It will be for talent and win now. He clearly doesn't want to join say, the heat, and just bandwagon a Chip. But he wants to be competing for a ring, not helping ticket sales.

This may sound bizzare, but indiana isn't a bad spot for him to wind up.

Nor would Portland, Grizz, NY.

I genuinely don't understand why they're trying to get the number 7 pick?

This is all about the cap space. Noah, Deng, Rose and Boozer all have fat contracts and two of those guys are going to miss serious time next year and the Bulls aren't going to really "compete".

Deng is also known as a stand up guy and quite popular in Chicago and his "selfishness" to want to play in the Olympics offers the Bull's front office some limited cover to deal him as well.

The rumours about nash are as bad/worse than Dwight.

If he leaves PHX, it won't be for money. It will be for talent and win now. He clearly doesn't want to join say, the heat, and just bandwagon a Chip. But he wants to be competing for a ring, not helping ticket sales.

This may sound bizzare, but indiana isn't a bad spot for him to wind up.

Nor would Portland, Grizz, NY.
Nash isn't coming to NY, I can tell you that for certain. The minute the Players Association won the Bird Rights hearing any slim glimpse of Nash to NY died. Lin will be resigned to a multiyear year so MSG can make million off stock profits and get inroads into the Asian community.

Oh yeah he's not too bad either. He's not Top 10 like some nuts were saying, but he's not terrible.

If Dallas strikes out with Deron then what do they do? The free agent class this year is extremely weak and they don't have anyone they can really trade.

Mavs would be stupid to reach on anyone but Nash or Deron this year when next year's FA class is much better. Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Derron Collison, Chris Paul, Jrue Holiday, Jarett Jack, Jose Calderon, and Stephen Curry are all either restricted or unrestricted free agents after next season.

Parade bound today yay!!! Hopefully women are out in full force wearing next to nothing. Will post SWF pics later (for real this time since I'll be sober).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mavs would be stupid to reach on anyone but Nash or Deron this year when next year's FA class is much better. Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Derron Collison, Chris Paul, Jrue Holiday, Jarett Jack, Jose Calderon, and Stephen Curry are all either restricted or unrestricted free agents after next season.

Jack, and Jennings are horrible PGs.... Jennings can be useful in a certain system, and if Jack is your starting PG tank so hard

Smokey

how bout i slap your shit?

:lol

Listening to sports radio and they are talking about Calhoun's comments about Drummond....saying he will be 'good in five years. FIVE years?! So on his second contract then. Ringing endorsement by your former coach.

SamuraiX-

Jesus Christ @ SAS talking about what awesome human beings Bosh, Wade, and LeBron are in order to give justification that every single person should be happy for them winning the championship.

Yeah, I just read Calhoun's comments too. I don't think anyone was under any impression that Drummond would not take several years to develop. It was Calhoun's endorsement of Drummond as a great kid that wants to learn which caught my attention. If that's true and you combine that with his amazing physical gifts you have something you can work with.

It's a shame he is where he is developmentally though. I blame AAU coaches. There is no excuse for someone with Drummond's size and athleticism to have a complete lack of big man skills. What were they thinking?

SamuraiX-

King's Pre-Draft Workout for today...

Monday, June 25
Arnett Moultrie (Miss St.)
Moe Harkless (St. John’s)
Darryl Bryant (West Virginia)
Zack Rosen (Pennsylvania)
Augustus Gilchrist (South Florida)
James Nunnally (UCSB)

"Who the FUCK are you!?"

It pretty much a lock that the Kings are trading back in the 1st if they're working out Harkless and Moutrie. I wonder who they're trading with?

All this talk of Deng and Noah in deals amuses me. You know in the end the Bulls aren't doing a damn thing.

In case I'm wrong though, who is it the Bulls have a raging hard on for in this draft that would be available in picks 5-12? Barnes? Lamb?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
All this talk of Deng and Noah in deals amuses me. You know in the end the Bulls aren't doing a damn thing.

In case I'm wrong though, who is it the Bulls have a raging hard on for in this draft that would be available in picks 5-12? Barnes? Lamb?

You know what's funny, I feel like the Bulls could actually do something. The main reason is that this whole exercise is to cut costs. Bulls don't make trades to take in salary, they do it to relieve salary. With that said, DERRICK ROSE JEREMY LAMB FUTURE.

Getting him pushed to the league which is about to happen. Then Drummond will give them some kickback dough and all will be well. From what I've seen I think his ceiling is deandre Jordan..that's about it.

Get paid tho

That's probably about right, kickback could be a lot bigger long term if they tought him better though.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...mare-stoudemire-apologizes-fan-using-gay-slur

NEW YORK -- Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire has apologized to a fan for using a gay slur in response to a crude tweet in which the fan admonished the All-Star to "make up for this past season."

The fan, whose Twitter handle is BFerrelli, tweeted his comment on Saturday and received a direct message containing an expletive and the slur from the account Twitter verifies as Stoudemire's. BFerrelli, identified by the Daily News as Brian Ferrelli, posted a screen shot of the direct message. Direct messages can only be seen by the sender and the recipient.

Stoudemire apologized early Sunday, using another direct message that BFerrelli posted as a screen shot, saying "I apologize for what I said earlier. I just got off the plane and had time to think about it. Sorry bro!! No Excuses. Won't happen again."

It's sad how some people are really pathetic and are twitter cowards but athletes really need to get off Twitter for their own sake sometimes, lol

Talon

My indifference to the Ferry hiring is an indication of...something.

Maybe the fact that all but 3 or 4 NBA executives are headless chickens.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would anyone take the job when you're saddled with Joe Johnson for the next half decade? I don't think anybody could possibly work miracles given that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom