• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder how Nash would assimilate to the Lakers offense. Find him going to the Heat more likely, IMO. Find him crumbling after 2 months away from the Suns training staff far more likely.

Also, Nash doesn't solve LAL's big issue out west: PG penetration in the lane.

PG penetration won't matter. Lakers defense is solid, overall, despite the PG spot because they defend every other spot so well.

Nash's offense would make the Lakers offense really great. Besides being an amazing shooter, he'd also allow Kobe to play off the ball a lot more. A Nash-Pau PNR would be very good, IMO.

Even if his eyes are open to everything...I highly doubt he joins the Lakers.

I think it's a major longshot. But the Lakers are the only contender that can offer him 2 years and over $15 million. That might be enough compared to a 2 year, $6 mil deal most contenders can offer.

I'm just saying, Lakers need to pursue it over everything else, first. Not that it will happen.

Smokey

Must kill yall to know your PG for a couple of hours shares the same city and arena as your team.

But then I would of had gasol on my squad so thank you based stern

SUPREME1

Banned
Must kill yall to know your PG for a couple of hours shares the same city and arena as your team.

But then I would of had gasol on my squad so thank you based stern

I think most Lakers fans got over it several months back. Ending the season with the better record and him being the douche flopper he is made it a whole lot easier to do so.

I'll forever curse Stern for ruining Mitch's master plan, whatever it was (Dwight?), and setting us back several years and maybe costing us a ring or two. I'll chalk it up to it being a conspiracy, because fuck Stern, but as far as Paul goes... yeah, whatevs. It is what it is.

KingGondo

Banned
I think it was totally injury. Rubio getting hurt killed the season. They went like 5-20 afterward.

Real talk: if the Wolves don't make the playoffs next season, it's a huge failure. They don't even need to hit a home run with the 18th pick; Rubio, Love, and Pekovic are that good.
Probably true.

I want them to be good, but it's hard to have faith in Kahn to put the right pieces around the core 3 guys (not to mention that it remains to be seen how Rubio will recover from the ACL injury).

Also, it's a long way from "playoff contention" to "title contention." They have a shot though.

I think it was totally injury. Rubio getting hurt killed the season. They went like 5-20 afterward.

Real talk: if the Wolves don't make the playoffs next season, it's a huge failure. They don't even need to hit a home run with the 18th pick; Rubio, Love, and Pekovic are that good.

I don't know, the Jazz made the playoffs with basically only Millsap and Al showing up for the entire season (Harris showed up in horrible shape and it took him a while to get going, Hayward and Favors played a bit poorly in the first 30 games) and Dallas is going to be a lot better as well and those were the 7 and 8 seeds. Denver is really the only West playoff team likely to fall and the Blazers and Warriors will also be in contention for the 8th seed, it's going to be a tough race for the last few spots.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Steve Nash and Ray Allen are wearing a Heat uniform next season. ;-)

Talon

Ray's chasing paper this year - it's his last contract. As long as he can prove that he can get his legs underneath him, he'll get a big enough 2 year deal somewhere.

But it'd be interesting to see him play with the Heat. Hell, either Nash or Allen will be making buckets of treys.

Ray's chasing paper this year - it's his last contract. As long as he can prove that he can get his legs underneath him, he'll get a big enough 2 year deal somewhere.

But it'd be interesting to see him play with the Heat. Hell, either Nash or Allen will be making buckets of treys.

If Dallas gets Deron, I could see him signing in Dallas to fill Terry's shoes.

cacophony

MkHdKF

DARYL-IN-LOCKER-PHOTO1-300x288.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anthony Davis Trademarks attention-getting unibrow

Anthony Davis, the likely No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft to be held Thursday, filed a trademark for multiple phrases related to his physical feature getting the most attention -- a unibrow.

Davis told CNBC that trademarks were filed for "Fear the Brow," a popular saying during Kentucky's national championship run, and "Raise the Brow."

The trademarks applications aren't unheard of for incoming professional athletes.

Before he was drafted by the Washington Redskins, Heisman Trophy-winning Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin applied for trademark protection on the phrase "Unbelievably Believable" -- a reference to the phrase he used in his Heisman acceptance speech -- as well as "RGIII" and "RG3."

Davis was the 2012 National Player of the Year at Kentucky and entered the NBA Draft with five other Wildcats a week after celebrating winning the national title at the Final Four in New Orleans.

The New Orleans Hornets own the top overall pick and are expected to draft Davis as a central figure in their rebuilding project.

my8hm.jpg

giri

"The truth is I'm a bit old school. For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said. "You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.

Even Nash doesn't want to be a laker.

Good guy Nash. Top Bloke really.

linsivvi

If he wants money, he should just convince Spike Lee to make He Got Game 2. This time he'll play the father.

Even Nash doesn't want to be a laker.

Good guy Nash. Top Bloke really.

Real Laker fan don't want him to be a Laker either.

Those couple years hurts.

giri

Of course he was gonna decline...the second the Bird Rights thing was won and the Knicks (in theory) have more money to work with, he was going to look to get more cash from them. JR Smith shouldn't be brought back for much more than 2.5m, though.

JR Smith is worth more than 2.5M

JR Smith is worth more than 2.5M

Yes.

But the Knicks can't really afford it, and shouldn't bring him back for much more than that.

If JR will come back for a long-term deal worth the 120% raise he's allowed, Knicks should snatch him up; for example, 4 years/12M (a steal, even for a knucklehead like Swish). After that, and they're eating into the MLE money that they need to retain Lin and/or Novak, assuming that the bird rights appeal by the league doesn't interfere.

giri

Yes.

But the Knicks can't really afford it, and shouldn't bring him back for much more than that.

If JR will come back for a long-term deal worth the 120% raise he's allowed, Knicks should snatch him up; for example, 4 years/12M (a steal, even for a knucklehead like Swish). After that, and they're eating into the MLE money that they need to retain Lin and/or Novak, assuming that the bird rights appeal by the league doesn't interfere.

JR Smith is not worth more than $2.5

He'll get offered 5 - 8M per from someone. Easily.

if Houston gets Dwight is there anyway way they can sign Nash too?

anyway, I never thought Nash to LA was a possibility. Miami less so now that they won a ring. He doesn't seem like he just wants to Mitch Richmond his way to a title. In Miami with how Bron and Wade dominate the ball. I think even if it means not going to a contender, he'd rather sign with a team where he can have a greater say on the offense and how it's run, and sort of run the show. I still say he goes to Portland. They can use a draft pick on a young PG to eventually learn from and replace him.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
it's confusing because I am pretty sure Spo was his shooting coach...

He was cited by Sports Illustrated (May 30, 2005) for honing star guard Dwyane Wade’s "shooting balance and smoothing out his release after the Flash’s return from the Athens Olympics."[8]

lmao

giri

if Houston gets Dwight is there anyway way they can sign Nash too?

anyway, I never thought Nash to LA was a possibility. Miami less so now that they won a ring. He doesn't seem like he just wants to Mitch Richmond his way to a title. In Miami with how Bron and Wade dominate the ball. I think even if it means not going to a contender, he'd rather sign with a team where he can have a greater say on the offense and how it's run, and sort of run the show. I still say he goes to Portland. They can use a draft pick on a young PG to eventually learn from and replace him.

I really don't see portland either, tbh.

Pacers would be good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom