• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Givony's Mock #4 is up: http://t.co/ZaqO0KnL

Nice summary of everything current surrounding the team interests in making their first round picks.

Seriously? Gonna be incredibly pissed if we stoop to taking f'n Rivers... Would much rather Lamb/Ross if we're going for a 2-guard. Or hell, take on Drummond and establish a good long-term defensive pairing alongside JV.

And if Barnes is still indeed there @ 5, BC needs to make a real push to trade up with Sac-town. The Kings can still drop down to 8 and get Henson, who I know they really like.

squicken

Lottery. Go back a few pages and that's one of the reasons I don't have a problem with them destroying the team for Howard. When hr leaves, if he comes, they will be certified legit garbo and will get high lottery picks in retutn.

I was speaking more to why nobody gives a fuck about the squad in Houston. With the roster now its been proven they aren't bad enough to get high lottery picks, so might as well swing for fences and see where it goes.

Ah I didn't see your post. It'd be awesome if they get Howard, but I'm curious what Morey would do with a bunch of picks that aren't really useful. Just draft a bunch of internationals who won't be over for a few years?

SamuraiX-

And if Barnes is still indeed there @ 5, BC needs to make a real push to trade up with Sac-town. The Kings can still drop down to 8 and get Henson, who I know they really like.

Barnes probably still will be there at #5, sadly. :-/

And the only reason the Kings like guys like Drummond and Henson was because those were literally the only guys in the lottery who were willing to work out for us. ;_;

giri

Barnes probably still will be there at #5, sadly. :-/

And the only reason the Kings like guys like Drummond and Henson was because those were literally the only guys in the lottery who were willing to work out for us. ;_;

Isn't drummond like the ideal guy to put along side DMC?

giri

The Kings never draft project players.

Maybe i get names mixed up, because i don't really care about drafts alll that much.

But isn't drummond like, instant D & Rebounding?

Positives
Long, athletic big man
Explosive leaper
NBA body
Excellent rebounder and shot-blocker
Intimidating defender
Has perimeter skills and can hit an open jumper

Thats a whole lot of stuff the kings could use.

Drummond doesn't rebound yet and is pretty dumb and soft right now so he's not going to provide instant defense either.Most rookies don't really help their teams win games regardless of how "ready" they are, but the Kings always go after the guy who can provide "instant impact" and Drummond might get around 10 minutes a game if he's picked by the Blazers or Warriors and not much more on the Kings.

There were 2 good things about last season.

Best-Morris.

Dudleys un-ending positive attitude. He should be a co-captain at worst this year.

Have to love Dudders. Fantastic attitude with a great sense of humor and basketball IQ. Hard worker too. If only his talent matched everything else.

Jonm1010

Banned
Leonard has allstar potential. Big, strong, athletic and improving his game rapidly. In one year he went from a scrub to one of the best big men in college basketball.

I admit I haven't seen him enough to make a solid judgement. I wouldn't be mad if we take him and probably would rather him over the other centers and if he improves his defense and puts on weight I think he could be a great compliment to Davis.

Bowser

Maybe i get names mixed up, because i don't really care about drafts alll that much.

But isn't drummond like, instant D & Rebounding?

Positives
Long, athletic big man
Explosive leaper
NBA body
Excellent rebounder and shot-blocker
Intimidating defender
Has perimeter skills and can hit an open jumper

Thats a whole lot of stuff the kings could use.

LOL. The guy could barely hit layups and dunks, now he can hit jumpers?

giri

Drummond doesn't rebound yet and is pretty dumb and soft right now so he's not going to provide instant defense either.Most rookies don't really help their teams win games regardless of how "ready" they are, but the Kings always go after the guy who can provide "instant impact" and Drummond might get around 10 minutes a game if he's picked by the Blazers or Warriors and not much more on the Kings.

giri,

the thing is Drummond may not even be able to give them blocks and rebounds.

He's that raw/not good.

Oh, i see.

I just WANT the kings to be good because i want to see DMC Beasting.

Whoa, I'm shocked someone else feels this way. Nash is exactly what the Pacers need.

He really is. Mainly cause then they wouldn't play fuckball on both ends of the court.

tumblr_m68wfyhuIa1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

It's a done deal. Book it

Canuck76

Banned
Isn't drummond like the ideal guy to put along side DMC?

I think the issue is both play the C spot. Drumm has a pretty crappy shot as is, and i think DMC playing PF would be a waste.

Sully would have been a great pick up until the red flags .

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah where are you getting those positives from?

He doesn't play to his size - plays waaaaayy to timid. Lacks a lot of rebounding fundamentals and was really poor compared to most other centers.

Has some skill defensively, but nothing great and has a ways to go.

No offense other then dunks, which he's not even great at.

Horrendous FT shooter. I mean abysmal, awful. Fucking dogshit! Ray Charles would have outshot him from the line and he's blind, and dead.

giri

I think the issue is both play the C spot. Drumm has a pretty crappy shot as is, so i think DMC playing PF would be a waste.

Sully would have been a great pick up until the red flags .

Uhh, DMC is a PF, and has said so many times. He's listed @ C because the kings only other C is Chuck Hayes.

I got those positives from ESPN.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mullens averaged more blocks per game than Drummond next year.

Brinbe

^ Byron probably will, but any team drafting Drummond needs to be patient. Like a McGee/Jordan/Hibbert, he'll possibly put it together in 3-5 years (when he'll still be in his early-mid 20s) and turn out fine.

giri

^ Byron probably will, but any team drafting Drummond needs to be patient. Like a McGee/Jordan/Hibbert, he'll possibly put it together in 3-5 years (when he'll still be in his early-mid 20s) and turn out fine.

only one of those players turned out fine...

I don't know if I would call McGee or DeAndre success stories. They may not even be top 40 or 50 big men in the NBA.

Canuck76

Banned
Uhh, DMC is a PF, and has said so many times. He's listed @ C because the kings only other C is Chuck Hayes.

I got those positives from ESPN.

Ok. Most of what i've seen of him (DMC) he's very much a post-up, play from the inside, on the block guy. If he's with Drumm on offense that might hurt his game because Drummond really only dunks at this point.

Jonm1010

Banned

I honestly think he probably will too but he needs to go somewhere with low expectations and a patient staff willing to put in the necessary time to develop him.

I'd take him at ten honestly(if lillard is gone) and hope he comes along right when Davis starts getting into his NBA groove in three years.

giri

Ok. Most of what i've seen of him (DMC) he's very much a post-up, play from the inside, on the block guy. If he's with Drumm on offense that might hurt his game because Drummond really only dunks at this point.

I don't think the other C/PF that DMC plays with has to be Anderson / Frye good from outside. He's a relatively decent passer. He can also face up (though he does it too often atm). But what they really need is to figure out who they're keeping in their back court, and trade the others. And then find a C to put along side DMC to lighten the defensive burden at least.

Oh, and probably need a new coach and a new owner too.

Brinbe

only one of those players turned out fine...
I don't know if I would call McGee or DeAndre success stories. They may not even be top 40 or 50 big men in the NBA.
Fair enough! Forgive me, considering who my team has suited up @ C these past few years, I think my overall view may be a bit skewed. Anyway, they're still both only 24 though and it's impossible to say they've stopped improving at this point. And at the very least, they'll be adequate starters for the next half-decade or so to come.

If Drummond ever reaches that level, that's probably worth a shot over taking another average-sized chucker like Waiters or Rivers (well, for the Raptors). That's my only point.

giri

Fair enough! Forgive me, considering who my team has suited up @ C these past few years, I think my overall view may be a bit skewed. Anyway, they're still both only 24 though and it's impossible to say they've stopped improving at this point. And at the very least, they'll be adequate starters for the next half-decade or so to come.

If Drummond ever reaches that level, that's probably worth a shot over taking another average-sized chucker like Waiters or Rivers (well, for the Raptors). That's my only point.

DJ could be a decent starter. But i think McGee has to sort his shit out sooner rather than later. He tends to hurt his team when he's on the floor due to his propensity to do incredibly stupid stuff.

Canuck76

Banned
I don't think the other C/PF that DMC plays with has to be Anderson / Frye good from outside. He's a relatively decent passer. He can also face up (though he does it too often atm). But what they really need is to figure out who they're keeping in their back court, and trade the others. And then find a C to put along side DMC to lighten the defensive burden at least.

Oh, and probably need a new coach and a new owner too.

What? I thought their coach was great wasn't he? Isn't DMC happy? They won a ton more games?

I'm going off the commentating here but i don't remember any negative talk here as well about.....uh who is it again?

giri

What? I thought their coach was great wasn't he? Isn't DMC happy? They won a ton more games?

I'm going off the commentating here but i don't remember any negative talk here as well about.....uh who is it again?

Keith Smart was an improvement over westphal with out a doubt. But he's not great by any means. But he's cheap, which means he's probably there for 3 years because the maloofs are cheap.

The best thing he did was sure up some rotations and gave them a very basic offense. The guys for the first time actually had an idea about what they were meant to be doing.

Shurs

Ugh I just can't stand the feel of giving up our entire draft for this kid.

But it would also be the luck of Cleveland, for us to pass on the deal, then he turns out to be that Ray Allen level scoring talent.

We're screwed either way.

This isn't the NFL draft where the the end of the first round and the entire second round is loaded with contributors.

The 18th pick is worth Chase Budinger, that means the 24th pick's value is worth Moochie Norris; and not an in-his-prime Moochie Norris, but Moochie2K12. The second round picks aren't worth anything, either.

If the Cavs identified Beal as their man, they should give up the picks and go for it.

giri

Yeah he did it yesterday or maybe before that....I know they were talking about it here locally yesterday.

Eh whatever. Seems like smart business sense to me. If not extremely silly and slightly weird.

Except it will be impossible for him to ever uphold any TM claims unless they specifically reference him directly.

Its fairly stupid.

Jonm1010

Banned
Except it will be impossible for him to ever uphold any TM claims unless they specifically reference him directly.

Its fairly stupid.
I think they mentioned yesterday that what he trademarked was not just the unibrow but certain phrases and images similar to Paris Hilton and "that's hot.". I'm guessing as a preemptive attempt for merchandise lines to sell. So I dont think it's that stupid.

Rivers at 2?

Skip is high

makes his Davis prediction more frightening for me.....Skips an idiot.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If the Cavs/Cats trade picks, we better not fucking pick up Barnes.

Please no, fuck no. ANything else but that.

I'm hoping we don't trade picks but Jordan trolololo picks up Barnes anyway.

This isn't the NFL draft where the the end of the first round and the entire second round is loaded with contributors.

The 18th pick is worth Chase Budinger, that means the 24th pick's value is worth Moochie Norris; and not an in-his-prime Moochie Norris, but Moochie2K12. The second round picks aren't worth anything, either.

If the Cavs identified Beal as their man, they should give up the picks and go for it.

Oh, definitely. I'm 100% fine with all of the players the Cavs are in position to nab, other than 29% FTA Drummond.

pilonv1

So there's an Insider article out that has players from their respective teams making the team's pick. Can only see #1 and #2 (non-Insider) and here's what Gerald Henderson said:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...magazine-holds-fourth-players-only-mock-draft

Yes, for a team as talent-bereft as the Bobcats, let's draft the guy that you "wouldn't say [is] a great ball handler or shooter or rebounder."

smh

edit: lololol Bradley Beal at #19 to the Magic in this Players' Draft

Tyler Zeller, F, UNC

Selected by: Stephen Curry

"We need to get bigger up front, and Tyler is somebody who could come in and give us depth," says Warriors guard Stephen Curry. "We like to play an inside/out game, so we need that inside presence to open up our shooters." (In 2011-12, Zeller averaged 16.3 ppg and 9.6 rpg and shot 81 percent from the line.)

Steph is a double agent.

DJ Messiah & Biyombo for Steph

Jonm1010

Banned
I know hes loathed on these boards but I wish the Hornets could of somehow nabbed Barnes. He's perfect for what we need.

A knockdown shooter who's willing to defend and can grab some boards.

He has allstar potential but if he just ends up as a great shooter with good defense that would also be a perfect piece on our team and with what we want to do and need.

giri

I know hes loathed on these boards but I wish the Hornets could of somehow nabbed Barnes. He's perfect for what we need.

A knockdown shooter who's willing to defend and can grab some boards.

He has allstar potential but if he just ends up as a great shooter with good defense that would also be a perfect piece on our team and with what we want to do and need.

You also need to get Collison back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom