• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

Chad Ford from ESPN.com:
"The Blazers, Warriors, Raptors and Hornets are also looking at various options with their picks. I think the Blazers at No. 6 or No. 11 are the likeliest of that bunch to make a trade. They have interest in Jazz forward Paul Millsap and Rockets guard Kyle Lowry."

I would do Lowry for 6th

Jonm1010

Banned
"The Blazers, Warriors, Raptors and Hornets are also looking at various options with their picks. I think the Blazers at No. 6 or No. 11 are the likeliest of that bunch to make a trade. They have interest in Jazz forward Paul Millsap and Rockets guard Kyle Lowry."

not sure exactly what that means.

I would do Lowry for 6th tho

Chad ford said we tried trading our number 10 for the rockets 14th and 16th and they wouldn't bite.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Chad Ford from ESPN.com:

I would do Lowry for 6th

Milsap and LMA? Not a good frontline imo..

Bowser

I don't think this locks in T-Rob with our pick, we have no one besides Derrick Brown at SF now lol. Still think Barnes/MKG are legit options. Love the trade though. We have cap room to absorb Gordon's terrible contract and he'll give is a decent scoring punch.

Kobe wasn't Kobe on draft day... MJ was MJ tho..

Marcus is more I am a superstar give me the rock kind of attitude..

Rivers is more of the I want to be a winner and fuck the rest kind of attitude...

Not saying he will become a legend... but he has the mentality for it..

I'd agree with this. Sometimes this season (especially in losses) he was the only cat on the floor in a Duke uni who looked like he gave a fuck. I can even understand why he chucked so many bad shots when you look at who he had around him. I mean what was he going to do, pass the ball to Tyler Thornton or Josh Hairston?

Also love that we're getting rid of the Corey Maggette Black Hole. Kemba hanging around Ben Gordon is not a bad thing. May even teach him the concept of "Shooting while you're open".

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
For the first time in years... we might have two people on the court that can hit a 3. omg
I don't think this locks in T-Rob with our pick, we have no one besides Derrick Brown at SF now lol. Still think Barnes/MKG are legit options. Love the trade though. We have cap room to absorb Gordon's terrible contract and he'll give is a decent scoring punch.

I don't know... there's still a chance we draft T-Rob. Beal is out though. I'm kinda glad that we no longer have to reach on him though. Any of the MKG, Barnes, or Robinson is fine. We can trade with Cleveland and it won't make a bit of difference.

Blackace

Well... either Jeff Green or the Thunder paid someone some money to not put it in any officially filed medical paper work with the NBA/Team Management.

And you think Jeff Green masterminded it?

SamuraiX-

so no one wants a slightly used Iguodala...

shiiiiiiiiit

Hh4Az.jpg

DY_nasty

Friggin Bobcats. One year of Maggette and freedom or two years (at more per) for Ben Gordon.

Can we move this team to New Orleans, too?

Please tell me how this move is bad.

Because Maggette's expiring just landed us an expiring to use for next year (lol pistons) and another 1st round pick to work with next year.

Blackace

Friggin Bobcats. One year of Maggette and freedom or two years (at more per) for Ben Gordon.

Can we move this team to New Orleans, too?

I think this is a good move for both teams.. With the 2nd pick they could land a decent talent.. I think it will be T-Rob in hopes that Ben will become his left-eye

Blackace

Please tell me how this move is bad.

Because Maggette's expiring just landed us an expiring to use for next year (lol pistons) and another 1st round pick to work with next year.

It ain't happening next year.. if they have to make phantom injuries the pistons will have a top 3 pick next year..

DY_nasty

It ain't happening next year.. if they have to make phantom injuries the pistons will have a top 3 pick next year..

If not next year, then its still great - and it completely negates the Higgins fuck up of giving the Bulls that protected pick two years ago.

I think this is a good move for both teams.. With the 2nd pick they could land a decent talent.. I think it will be T-Rob in hopes that Ben will become his left-eye

Lottery Top 8 protected. And even half the lottery is typically junk. You think the Charlotte Bobcats (with their stellar drafting record) have the ability to find value in the second half of the first round?

They get 2 years of a declining player who has been junk in Detroit, eat up their salary cap, paying more while doing it, versus paying for a statistically better player for 1 season and then be free to do whatever they want. The only hope is that next year, Charlotte will be able to send Gordon to somebody else wanting an expiring contract. But, of course, Charlotte would probably take on another overpaid, declining player's longer year deal next year, too.

Bowser

Eat up their cap? Bro, we have $25m or something absurd like that in cap space. Besides, no one will want to sign with us until we actually win games, which Maggette's broke ass isn't helping us do. We got a first round pick out of it (most likely in 2014) for our troubles. It was a good move.

Blackace

Jeff Green and his handlers paid off a Thunder doctor who had documented knowledge of his aliment...

The Thunder are the ones who had more to lose than Green.. Trade damaged good for a tough center?

SamuraiX-

Just got approved! Long time lurker, life long Rockets fan. Looking forward to being apart of Best-GAF.

Welcome.

Your My Little Pony backpack and furrie earmuffs are over there.
0BjaT.png

But seriously, welcome. Congrats on getting approved. Just in time to watch the Rockets go into a desperately-needed self-destruct mode.

DY_nasty

Lottery protected. And even half the lottery is typically junk. You think the Charlotte Bobcats (with their stellar drafting record) have the ability to find value in the second half of the first round?

They get 2 years of a declining player who has been junk in Detroit, eat up their salary cap, paying more while doing it, versus paying for a statistically better player for 1 season and then be free to do whatever they want. The only hope is that next year, Charlotte will be able to send Gordon to somebody else wanting an expiring contract. But, of course, Charlotte would probably take on another overpaid, declining player's longer year deal next year, too.

Afraid of the draft? plz be a golden state or clippers fan.

And there's a cap floor. With Gordon we don't need to sign some stupid Batum contract that we'll regret 10 games into the season. We're not building around him for ffs. Its two years. We'll suck for 2 more years at least no matter what.

BUT let me address that last part. We just dropped Stephen Jackson for what is now 2 1st round picks (Biyombo and whatever the DET pick lands us) and chemotherapy. How is that anything other than outstanding? And with dumbass GMs out there, we'll be able to flip our old overpaid vet again for another pick.
You ain't sniffing that Piston lottery pick for awhile.

we got plenty of time

TANK SO HARD
Ben Gordon ain't gonna win no daggum games. Maybe Bulls-era Ben Gordon, but Bulls-era Gordon has been dead and buried for about, oh, 3 good years now.

Win games? lolz if we pick outside the top 5 next year, the season is a failure

giri

Jeff Green and his handlers paid off a Thunder doctor who had documented knowledge of his aliment...

The Thunder are the ones who had more to lose than Green.. Trade damaged good for a tough center?

Green hadn't signed an extension.

He needed to be healthy until that was signed.

He's gonna fuck up a 5year $8M Per deal?

Blackace

Lottery Top 8 protected. And even half the lottery is typically junk. You think the Charlotte Bobcats (with their stellar drafting record) have the ability to find value in the second half of the first round?

They are going to draft a SF or PF with the 2nd pick... if they draft Barnes or Kidd, Corey is in the way..If they draft T-Rob then Gordon gives them outside shooting.. In basketball terms this move wins them more games.

Cheddahz

Banned
On another related note, I was in line at a Houston Best Buy circa 2004. I turned around, and Yao was three people behind me.

Holy Jesus he is tall.
Yeah dude he is tall. My mom and I were staying at the Hyatt in Houston in 2004 (I was 10 around the time) and Yao actually lived in a room in the same hotel I was staying at. My mom went to go grab something to eat and told me to stay in the room and of course I left the room. I got locked out and had to go downstairs and guess who was at the main desk? Yao Ming and his parents! (His parents are also tall too)

I actually got to talk to Yao for like a minute before he had to leave for the Toyota Center (the Rockets were playing the Hornets that night, a game I actually attended). After the game, I got to go down to the court and shoot a free-throw (was part of some child package thing) and I also got to meet Steve Francis (at the time, it was a big deal, lol).

God, I miss those days

Blackace

That first rounder is valuable. If the Pistons tank for 4 years it's an unprotected first rounder. How is that bad?

If they get a great pick next year Det will be back in business.. Shabazz Muhammad would solve a lot of problems in motor city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom