• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

"He's the best player available, and he could be the shooting guard Magic fans have longed for, someone who can create his own shot," says Magic guard Redick about the Gators freshman, who averaged 14.6 ppg and 6.5 rpg. "All this is moot if he dropped this far because he has a life-threatening injury or a habit of punching his coaches that I don't know about."

This players draft is awesome

Miles Plumlee, F, Duke

Selected by: Stephen Curry

"I'm taking him for the same reason I took Tyler Zeller at No. 7, to add depth at the 4 and 5 spot and beef up our rebounding," Curry says about Plumlee, who, at 16.6 percent, ranked seventh in the country in offensive rebound rate last year. "As far as his skills, he moves well and has a lot of confidence in his 15-foot jump shot."

Worst Zeller and Worst Plumlee? fuk yo NC clown

SamuraiX-

Skip said he wouldn't be upset or mad if Charlotte took Rivers at 2 because he's that good a talent.

ic4IrE.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Detroit has traded Ben Gordon and a protected future first-round pick to Charlotte for Corey Maggette, league sources tell Y! Sports.

pilonv1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Detroit has traded Ben Gordon and a protected future first-round pick to Charlotte for Corey Maggette, league sources tell Y! Sports.

LOL fucking Detroit.

So Robinson at #2 is a done deal.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

dafuq

You give up a potential lottery pick for Maggotty? How the fuck has this motherfucker been able to fool the league so long into believing he's worth a shit?

MJ workin' his magic.

Jonm1010

Banned
post the whole thing for us non-insider plebs

Seconded!

On the topic of rivers. The guy opposite screaming A and Skip said something that sums him up for me. Basically that he has talent but that his ego is going to get in the way of what he is actually going to be capable of at the next level. He's not an allstar or a go to guy but he thinks he is and that he's not gong to accept the role he should try and fill and will butt heads with staff throughout his career and never play within a team.

pilonv1

AND a first rounder. Bobcats made out like bandits.

First good move by MJ?

re: players draft, not going to post the whole thing since it's pretty long, but if you want teams let me know and I'll paste them.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
For Detroit, deal to ship out Gordon saves them nearly $15 million on the final two years of his contract. Maggette has an expiring deal.

Jonm1010

Banned
AND a first rounder. Bobcats made out like bandits.

First good move by MJ?

re: players draft, not going to post the whole thing since it's pretty long, but if you want teams let me know and I'll paste them.
Well id like at least anything related to the hornets I guess. Oh and any gems.

pilonv1

Luckily Robinson and Biyombo are good rebounders, the only shots they'll get are from offensive rebounds. Kemba & Gordon aren't passing them the ball.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The one thing I will say about Rivers.. is he does have that chip on the shoulder asshole swagger that Kobe and MJ have..

Blackace

lottery protected.. so tank mode already activated in motor city

pilonv1

Kings please.

5. Thomas Robinson, F, Kansas

Selected by: Isaiah Thomas

"I love his physical style, the way he loves to bang," says Kings rookie guard Thomas. "He's long and can run really well, which is good because we like to push it." [SAC led the league in possessions per 48 minutes in 2011-12]. "With 'Big Cous' [DeMarcus Cousins], that would give us one of the best young front lines in the league." (Robinson was the best defensive rebounder in the nation, with a 30.5 defensive rebound percentage).

Well id like at least anything related to the hornets I guess.

1. Anthony Davis, F, Kentucky

Selected by: Jason Smith

"Davis is a young athletic player who has an amazing presence on the defensive end," says Hornets forward Smith about the Wildcat frosh, who blocked almost five shots per game. "That's rare in young players today." (The Hornets were 21st in the NBA in blocks in 2011-12.)

10. Austin Rivers, Duke

Selected by: Jason Smith

"Austin Rivers is an exceptional player at his position," says Smith about the Blue Devils freshman, who averaged more than 15 ppg last year. "He has a very high basketball I.Q." (Rivers averaged 15.5 ppg, shooting 43 percent and also averaged 2.3 turnovers a game.)

Also Norris Cole being Norris Cole

27. D'Aundray Brown, G, Cleveland State

Selected by: Norris Cole

"Brown led the Horizon League in steals this past season and is a great rebounding wing," says Cole, who played with the 6-foot-4 guard at Cleveland State for three years. "His ability to defend multiple positions and score in the open court would fit right into the Heat system."

There aren't any other interesting ones besides Curry, Reddick & Cole.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We are going to out-tank the fuck out of Detroit.

Brandon Knight, Monroe, and Charlie V will get the 8 seed in the East with a 37-45 record.

MONEY IN THE BANK

Jonm1010

Banned
The one thing I will say about Rivers.. is he does have that chip on the shoulder asshole swagger that Kobe and MJ have..

But he's not Kobe or MJ and that is the problem.

He kinda reminds me of a Marcus Thornton type. Doesn't know his limitations but has a chip on his shoulder and can shoot the rock but is going to not accept his natural role and instead try and pretend he's a superstar which will be to the detriment of his teams.

......which is why I don't understand why the hornets love this kid. Demps and Monty hated Thornton because he refused to buy into his role, which is the role he's best suited for - 6th man and late game closer.

pilonv1

We are going to out-tank the fuck of Detroit.

Brandon Knight, Monroe, and Charlie V will get the 8 seed in the East with a 37-45 record.

MONEY IN THE BANK

They could end up with Drummond.

Knight, Stuckey, Prince, Monroe, Drummond with Maggette off the bench could easily be 8th seed.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They could end up with Drummond.

Knight, Stuckey, Prince, Monroe, Drummond with Maggette off the bench could easily be 8th seed.

Maggette will check out like he did in Golden State and Charlotte.

I don't think they can generate enough offense to be 8th seed bad.

Blackace

But he's not Kobe or MJ and that is the problem.

He kinda reminds me of a Marcus Thornton type. Doesn't know his limitations but has a chip on his shoulder and can shoot the rock but is going to not accept his natural role and instead try and pretend he's a superstar which will be to the detriment of his teams.

......which is why I don't understand why the hornets love this kid. Demps and Monty hated Thornton because he refused to buy into his role, which is the role he's best suited for - 6th man and late game closer.

Kobe wasn't Kobe on draft day... MJ was MJ tho..

Marcus is more I am a superstar give me the rock kind of attitude..

Rivers is more of the I want to be a winner and fuck the rest kind of attitude...

Not saying he will become a legend... but he has the mentality for it..

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Protection on '13 first-rounder from Detroit to Charlotte: thru Lottery in '13, top 8 in '14, first pick in '15, then unprotected in '16.

Yeah, great trade for Charlotte.

giri

That deal was fine... until they added that pick.

Magette for Ben Gordon would have been a totally acceptable player swap

That whole detroit roster looks like guys who are in-between positions..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, great trade for Charlotte.

So we just completely negated the Tyrus trade by pawning off Maggette for someone who isn't Maggette?

edit: If the Pisstons make the playoffs next year and Portland makes the playoffs or barely misses then we could have 3 first rounders next year.

LJJL3.gif

Blackace

Also

The NBA has awarded the Boston Celtics a 2013 second-round pick of the Oklahoma City Thunder as part of a trade disclosure dispute ruling involving Jeff Green, who sat out this season after heart surgery.

Commissioner David Stern determined Tuesday there was no evidence of bad faith or intent to withhold information on the part of the Thunder, but that their cardiologists had knowledge about Green that was not shared with their own team management and should have been disclosed to the Celtics.

Boston acquired Green at the 2011 trade deadline in a deal that sent Kendrick Perkins to Oklahoma City.

NBA teams are required to disclose to each other in connection with trades a player's past history that could affect his ability to play in the future.

Don't know if it was posted but that's fairly shady..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom