• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

I also kind of don't get the justification for Barnes being better in the NBA than college. He has a Gay/DeRozan like game where he's going to dribble in a straight line and take a midrange shot and I don't see how going against taller defenders will help him.

Shhhh... Christ Grant might be listening.
<_<
>_>

Shannon J. Owens &#8207;@shannonowens
#Mavs asst coach Darrell Armstrong on his top 5 NBA point guards: CP3, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Westbrook and Jameer Nelson.

lawl guess we know where Jameel is going next year

linsivvi

You guys seen this? Worst dressed players at the NBA draft

Lebron is on the list

1340142379JalenRose.jpg

lol all day at Jalen's suit, damn.

These guys need style coaches. A pinstriped grey blazer with a silver vest and a blue shirt is a killer combo. The ladies will say wow.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Chad Ford kills Austin Rivers in his mock with Simmons today.
FORD: Look, Lillard was a late bloomer. He wasn't lightly recruited until his senior season. You may be right that Rivers would've put up better numbers as a freshman. However, here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act.

SIMMONS: Wow, you just waved two middle fingers at Doc Rivers — you compared his son to his least favorite player to have ever coached. Why didn't you just throw a Dominique Wilkins barb in there while you were at it?

FORD: Lillard is a willing passer. Rivers isn't and will never be. Lillard made dramatic improvements from year to year. I thought Rivers was the exact player in college that he was in high school. Lillard is a team player. He was the second most efficient player in college basketball DESPITE being the only decent player on his entire roster; teams game planned to stop him and him alone every night. I just don't see Rivers ever being anywhere near as unselfish or efficient. I think Rivers will be shocked at the athleticism and length at his position. He'll try to do the same things at which he excelled in high school, spend a lot of time on the bench, get into it with his coach and teammates, get traded in a year or two to a desperate team, put up huge numbers for a cellar-dweller for a year or two, make some money, and eventually, teams will realize he can't be the alpha dog on a winning team.

SIMMONS: Other than that, you're a huge Austin Rivers fan.

FORD: I honestly think Rivers is the one guy I wouldn't touch in the lottery. Too toxic for team chemistry, doesn't have the same physical tools to make it worth it.

SUPREME1

Banned
Glad yal like the vid lol

Maggette face is priceless

After seeing so much fail in that video, I thought to myself that I should never complain again about how bad the Lakeshow can be... and then I looked down and saw that there was still half the video left.

MY GOD.

Coach K pulled a Larry Drew II when he brought in Rivers. He was a team chemistry destroyer at Duke. They would have been a lot better had he never gone there because he refused to let anyone else step up and contribute. Quinn Cook should have got Rivers' minutes last year.

SamuraiX-

Chad Ford kills Austin Rivers in his mock with Simmons today.

FORD: However, here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act.
FORD: I just don't see Rivers ever being anywhere near as unselfish or efficient. I think Rivers will be shocked at the athleticism and length at his position. He'll try to do the same things at which he excelled in high school, spend a lot of time on the bench, get into it with his coach and teammates, get traded in a year or two to a desperate team, put up huge numbers for a cellar-dweller for a year or two, make some money, and eventually, teams will realize he can't be the alpha dog on a winning team.

Holy shit, Chad Ford going in dry and deep.

sogud

Was just on Basketball-Reference. We all know how real the 90s were. But MY GOD 96-98 was some real ass grown man basketball.

The Jazz were so fucking good, man. And they beat the shit out of Shaq too.

Dell Harris should be a-fucking-shamed of himself for not getting those Laker teams to play with more heart. I mean really, 4-1 then 4-0 b2b seasons to the Jazz?

Where was the fire? When you were arguably the most well rounded team in the League? Cmon son.

if the mavs don't get dwill I wouldn't mind seeing a rebuild. that or sign a lot of players to one year deals and see what happens in 2013. From there, the mavs need to try to get cp3/Howard if either are available or id just like to see the mavs start completely over if they can't get one of those guys

Cuban will look like an idiot if they can't get Deron this year. He will have completely wasted a year of Dirk's twilight years on a shitty team. Have you see seen the free agent class this year? It's terrible. They'd be lucky to make the playoffs. They can only hope and pray to make some trades, but they have no players to trade.

The Times have said The Hawks are trying to get Pau Gasol, dangling Josh Smith supposedly.

3 way trade?

Rox get Smith and filler
ATL get Pau
LA gets Lowry and extras

take that L atlanta, take it!

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski &#8207;@WojYahooNBA
Houston has traded Sam Dalembert as part of a package to Milwaukee, league sources tell Y!

Awww shiii

Here we go.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if the Bucks gave up the 12th pick in that package.

The Times have said The Hawks are trying to get Pau Gasol, dangling Josh Smith supposedly.

3 way trade?

Rox get Smith and filler
ATL get Pau
LA gets Lowry and extras

take that L atlanta, take it!

I can safely say that would be an awful trade for all teams involved except for the Rockets (but only because they're going to lose Lowry anyway).

SamuraiX-

Eh, that's fair. Now Bucks have replaced Bogut (lol) and they only move back 2 spots on the board.

So Houston has #12, #16, and #18 now. Probably gonna try to trade all 3 for a Top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom