• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Rockets fan, I agree. If we can't get Dwight Howard, I'm sure we can someone else with those picks or actually use those picks and start rebuliding

Morey's Pau lust will be the end of Houston.

Scola+Lowry and a first for Pau is gonna happen. Let Morey in bro, it's just Pau lust.

Cheddahz

Banned
Morey's Pau lust will be the end of Houston.

Scola+Lowry and a first for Pau is gonna happen. Let Morey in bro, it's just Pau lust.

I wouldn't mind trading Lowry and Scola for Pau, we just need to get rid of both of them at this point and I much rather have Pau than Scola.

I just don't think Pau would be worth all of these draft picks

thekad

Banned
. there u go rocket fans

tumblr_lz4xhh48HX1r1awquo1_500.gif

Brinbe

Jeez, Houston really wants Drummond. 12+16 to the Warriors for 7 would probably get it done now.

Don't buy into the Gasol talk at all.

Iggy for Reke and Salmons, straight up.

You know you need less fucks in your life.

Maybe Collins can make them give up the charade of masquerading as basketball players.

Gotta give up the pick son.

We can't take back Reke's thug ass without insurance.

I'd do Turner for Reke tho.

Red blaster, pheeniks, Smokey.
I'm not enjoying close quarters very much. Too much like call of duty.
Surprisingly, I like maps with choke points.
Which maps have those?

Morey's a fucking idiot if he trades all those picks for a 32-year old Pau Gasol.

They'd still need to throw in money, though.

Pau for Lowry + Scola + 12th pick. hmmm

If Lakers could somehow get the #3 pick for their 12th + Scola and get Robinson..

total joke post there

They'd still need to throw in money, though.

Pau for Lowry + Scola + 12th pick. hmmm

If Lakers could somehow get the #3 pick for their 12th + Scola and get Robinson..

total joke post there

Id love for that to go down but Chad Ford and Ken Berger both are saying Morey is done with going after Pau.

He's over his Pau lust =(

SamuraiX-

I'd do Turner for Reke tho.

DONE.

Yep, Berger changed the report:
The Rockets are targeting at least one premier pick or "significant" veterans, according to a person familiar with the team's plan.
Executives believed Houston's target was Lakers forward Pau Gasol, a person familiar with the team's strategy debunked that idea and said the Rockets front office has cooled significantly on the Spanish 7-footer.

Id love for that to go down but Chad Ford and Ken Berger both are saying Morey is done with going after Pau.

He's over his Pau lust =(

Probably because it was a Pau-Nene lust in combo.

Oh well.

Unless Lakers get Deron out of Pau, which is super highly unlikely, I don't think Pau is moved this offseason.

Still think Lakers should just try to get Nash, though that is also unlikely since he doesn't seem to want to be here.

Really, I have no idea where else the Lakers can go besides re-signing Ramon. They have the ability to offer over $8 mil or to someone to trade for someone of that ilk, but really, who do they use it on?

Bowser

According to multiple sources, the Bobcats are trying to convince teams interested in the second pick to also take back disappointing power forward Tyrus Thomas, who has more than $26 million remaining on his contract. Thomas is coming off the worst season since his rookie year as he averaged just 5.6 points and 3.7 rebounds. When asked if teams would be willing to touch Thomas, one Western Conference executive said, “I don’t think so.”

If Cho could convince some sad sack GM to take back TT...

basedgodcho

[QUOTE]According to multiple sources, the Bobcats are trying to convince teams interested in the second pick to also take back disappointing power forward Tyrus Thomas, who has more than $26 million remaining on his contract. Thomas is coming off the worst season since his rookie year as he averaged just 5.6 points and 3.7 rebounds. When asked if teams would be willing to touch Thomas, one Western Conference executive said, “I don’t think so.”

If Cho could convince some sad sack GM to take back TT...

basedgodcho[/QUOTE]

Metta for the #2 and Thomas. DONE AND DONE.

Sign and trade for Michael Beasley.

I guess they could do that. I am not a big Beasley fan so...

Probably because it was a Pau-Nene lust in combo.

Oh well.

Unless Lakers get Deron out of Pau, which is super highly unlikely, I don't think Pau is moved this offseason.

Still think Lakers should just try to get Nash, though that is also unlikely since he doesn't seem to want to be here.

Really, I have no idea where else the Lakers can go besides re-signing Ramon. They have the ability to offer over $8 mil or to someone to trade for someone of that ilk, but really, who do they use it on?

There's talk about Pau for Josh Smith, which means it would have to include Marvin Williams or Zaza to work.

Also buzz of LA looking for a high pick to get MKG, LULz good luck.

SamuraiX-

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...y-beal-oklahoma-city-thunder-talked-moving-up

Beal told ESPN/ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him.
"He told me he was going to decide what they're going to do and considered getting up there," said Beal.

Beal said Denver, which picks at No. 20, also made a similar statement.
San Antonio, which doesn't pick until No. 59 in the second round, as well as Atlanta, which does have a first-round pick at No. 23, also made a number of calls to Donovan and Florida in the hope that each team could move up to land Beal.

I guess this Beal kid is pretty popular, huh?

Nice idea by OKC if they believe they won't be able to keep Harden and Ibaka, but even MJ's not that stupid. Not sure any team will be giving either of them the max anyway after their performance in the Finals, unless they have some insane '12-'13 season.

giri

You know, for all the talk about how its a guard/wing league... there haven't been a lot of wings that have been that successful from the last few drafts

2011: Kawhi Leonard
2010: Hayward, Paul George
2009: Harden... Caspi?

You really have to go back to 2008 before you find a draft with several really decent wings.
Mayo, Gallinari, Eric Gordon, Brandon Rush, Courtney Lee

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Wolves beat guy saying the team is unlikely to deal Derrick Williams, as they see him as the starting 3 next season. Because the Derrick Williams SF debate just can't end.

Kevtones

Portland gets: #2, Tyrus Thomas
LA gets #6, Victor Claver, Raymond Felton (or Jamal Crawford S&T)
Bobcats get #11, Wes Matthews, Pau Gasol

Smokey

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Don't merge the Rockets trade & Pau Gasol trade stories together. Rockets not pursuing Pau Gasol according to a source http://t.co/P2zv88wW

there u go rocket fans

praise da LAWWWWD

Red blaster, pheeniks, Smokey.
I'm not enjoying close quarters very much. Too much like call of duty.
Surprisingly, I like maps with choke points.
Which maps have those?

You don't like it? It's like COD without being garbo like COD. How much have you played? It does take an adjustment just cuz it's so much different than regular BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom