• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

The Times have said The Hawks are trying to get Pau Gasol, dangling Josh Smith supposedly.

3 way trade?

Rox get Smith and filler
ATL get Pau
LA gets Lowry and extras

take that L atlanta, take it!

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

SamuraiX-

Who the hell are these no names? I guess Livingston will serve as a backup to whoever our point guard is.

Leuer looked like a promising rookie. I'm interested to see how he develops.

Brockman's an all-hustle guy (think Lou Amundson) and has some decent BBallIQ. Loved him on the Kings.

I can safely say that would be an awful trade for all teams involved except for the Rockets (but only because they're going to lose Lowry anyway).

More would have to go to LA to make it work, forcing LA to give up a cheap and a crappy deal to Houston

ATL - Pau, Eyenga
LAL - Martin, Lowry and Marvin Williams
Rox - Smith,Steve Blake, Godlock and a pick maybe

Marvin has been asking to be traded, Martin and Hou want nothing to do with one another, Lowry is gone and they get Smith to maybe pair with dwight or offer with all their first for Dwight.

Rox aren't mentioned at all in the rumor, just putting it out there.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How so? Dalembert is serviceable and they can probably still get their guy at 14.
Leuer is a good, young big. Brockman is a serviceable space eater.

I think the Bucks just gave up too much too early. Especially when everything in this draft is a toss up from #2 down.

It is. The point of your whole rant was to defend Jim Buss, the indefensible. Nobody knows if Bynum will "grow up" but all we know is he's a selfish ass on and off the court right now, and that's besides the point.

Phil said this: I think he's hired his coach to have Andrew have a bigger and bigger role. And that kind of disjointed the symmetry of what the Lakers were really about.

Phil is saying Jim Buss picked Mike Brown and it screwed up the Lakers. Everyone knew a year ago that Mike Brown is a terrible coach and is the wrong choice for the Lakers. Everyone but you and Jim.

And Phil just 2 months ago said Bynum developing as the #2 in the offense was good and that if he adds that to him being a defensive force, they'd be contending again. So which Phil is the correct Phil? Phil says shit all over the place all the time. You should know by now.

Yes, I'm defending Buss because he hasn't done anything wrong, really. It's nice that Phil said that, but guess what, Bynum should be the new focal point. Pau should move to the #3. The problem is that with the lockout the adjustment was easy at all. Hell, it took Bosh a while in Miami to do it without a lockout.

You want a scapegoat, nothing more.

There's one thing I can tell you about the real world: nepotism is seldom a good thing.

The Lakers won because Jerry Buss let West do his job. Jim could learn a page from his father and let Mitch do his.

Please. West left because of Phil's growing power given to him by Jerry.

Jim isn't an owner. He is basically a co-GM and has been for a long time. He runs player operations. He isn't like Jerry who simply does the checks.

I'm looking at the next 10, 15 years, not right now. Every sensible person knows that this Laker team is done.

Name me the things Jim has done to screw the franchise for 10 to 15 year. Or even now. I want to hear what the Lakers should have done that Jim prevented to make you afraid.

You simply bought into the media narrative because the media needs to sell stories to stay relevant. Media tells us Jim will never trade Bynum for anything, Jim goes on radio show to say if the right deal came along they'd take a look. You believe media. Rumors swirl they offered Bynum for Dwight, you believe media. There is zero evidence there is any problem with Jim Buss, yet. Everything has been a fabrication or pure speculation.

More would have to go to LA to make it work, forcing LA to give up a cheap and a crappy deal to Houston

ATL - Pau, Eyenga
LAL - Martin, Lowry and Marvin Williams
Rox - Smith,Steve Blake, Godlock and a pick maybe

Marvin has been asking to be traded, Martin and Hou want nothing to do with one another, Lowry is gone and they get Smith to maybe pair with dwight or offer with all their first for Dwight.

Rox aren't mentioned at all in the rumor, just putting it out there.

why the hell would the Lakers take Martin with Kobe on the team?

KingGondo

Banned
Ya'll gotta applaud Morey though. Finally kicked off the BLOW IT THE FUCK UP initiative and has been making all the right moves.
We'll see.

None of these moves mean shit if it doesn't pay off 1) in a top 5 prospect or 2) in an established player who can be surrounded with talent.

On another note, when are the Rockets gonna change those ugly unis?

SamuraiX-

I knew that face needed some fixing.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Yes, Brockman's so good, they traded him twice. Sorry. Livingston, Brockman and Leurer and 12th pick to Houston for Dalembert and 14th pick.

I lol'd

Leuer is a good, young big. Brockman is a serviceable space eater.

I think the Bucks just gave up too much too early. Especially when everything in this draft is a toss up from #2 down.

They were both getting 0 playing time on the Bucks. The team desperately needed to clear up their front court. Hope to see more of them in Houston.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I thought that's how he got that weird looking nose...

Yeah, it does make sense, but how do you break your nose (twice, three times, maybe) and not know it?

And Williams is working with Kevin Love's coach and is down to 233 and plans to come into camp at 225. Get ready, NBA.

why the hell would the Lakers take Martin with Kobe on the team?

How is a Laker fan mad at that trade at all. It's so lopsided. You turn Pauu, Blake's shit deal and Goudelock into Lowry, Williams and Martin. The payroll increase is less than a Mil, while addressing the biggest holes in the roster. You could always flip or amnesty Martin.

It'd also be nice to have a backup SG for once. Sessions Martin Metta McRoberts Hill would be a nice bench unit, a definite upgrade from last year and the starting line up would be better.

thekad

Banned
How is a Laker fan mad at that trade at all. It's so lopsided. You turn Pauu, Blake's shit deal and Goudelock into Lowry, Williams and Martin. The payroll increase is less than a Mil, while addressing the biggest holes in the roster. You could always flip or amnesty Martin.

It'd also be nice to have a backup SG for once. Sessions Martin Metta McRoberts Hill would be a nice bench unit, a definite upgrade from last year and the starting line up would be better.

You're talking to a guy who pretended the CP3 deal was bad for the Lakers.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Damn, I knew he would make the transition into a SF. I'd love to have him in Charlotte.

He doesn't really have a choice. Kevin Love is playing 40 minutes a night at the 4. If he wants to play, he has to lose the weight and come back in awesome shape.

Next step is fixing the form on his jumper, but one thing at a time, I guess.

You can't amnesty someone who is traded.

And how does this help the Lakers? Who plays power forward? You plug 1 hole at PG, which is not that huge a gap from Sessions to Lowry to create a gigantic hole at PF.

Marvin Williams blows s and has a terrible contract. As does Martin. And he plays Kobe's position. These players suck. It's basically Pau for Lowry + 2 bench players, 1 of which we hope to flip and no one has been dumb enough to do so yet.

You're talking to a guy who pretended the CP3 deal was bad for the Lakers.

Except not.

He doesn't really have a choice. Kevin Love is playing 40 minutes a night at the 4. If he wants to play, he has to lose the weight and come back in awesome shape.

Next step is fixing the form on his jumper, but one thing at a time, I guess.

His release could be quicker, but I think it's fine. He needs to work on rising up straighter as he releases the ball though. He leans back too much.

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
As for the Kings I think SF, PF and PG will be priorities. Don't rule out Damian Lillard. Kings have only one true PG on roster.
Me (SamuraiX-)
@mr_jasonjones But Lillard hasn't shown any promise in terms of being a facilitator after 4 years in college.
Of course LIllard was a scorer in college...he played at WEBER STATE!!!! Given talent around him I think he does fine as a PG in NBA.

*sigh*

The one issue with drafting another SF is the Kings have like a million of them (not including Reke). Not saying they should/shouldn't..ijs

Yes, let's draft Lillard over Barnes/MKG because we're stacked with studly wings like John Salmons, Travis Outlaw, Tyler Honeycutt, Francisco Garcia, and Terrence Williams.

Wonderful logic.

SamuraiX-

Ken Berger said:
While Houston has not given up on making a play for Orlando center Dwight Howard, their swap of the 14th pick with Milwaukee for the 12th pick Wednesday gave them an arsenal of the 12th, 16th and 18th picks that could be used to finally consummate their longtime pursuit of Lakers forward Pau Gasol.

Morey's a fucking idiot if he trades all those picks for a 32-year old Pau Gasol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom