• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'd want to, but I couldn't bring myself to root for another team.... :(

Hah I wouldn't root for any team. Id do what I did when the Oilers went bye bye.

Zep

Banned
I'm officially off the "trade iguodala" bandwagon. Im resigned to the fact that he'll be here until his contract runs out.

Its now time to hope the Sixers focus their effort into trading Turner, who some teams still might think could be a potential all-star(
hi DY
) and see if we can get a top 10 pick out of it?!

The Bobcats should just amnesty Tyrus Thomas. No one is stupid enough to take on that contract. The fact that Charlotte signed him to that kind of deal shows you the complete disarray their front office has been in over the franchise's history.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Bobcats should just amnesty Tyrus Thomas. No one is stupid enough to take on that contract. The fact that Charlotte signed him to that kind of deal shows you the complete disarray their front office has been in over the franchise's history.

But right now we need him for the salary floor

and if we didn't sign him ppl would've said we were cheap anyways so whatever

I'm officially off the "trade iguodala" bandwagon. Im resigned to the fact that he'll be here until his contract runs out.

Its now time to hope the Sixers focus their effort into trading Turner, who some teams still might think could be a potential all-star(
hi DY
) and see if we can get a top 10 pick out of it?!

Damn he finally broke you.

DAMN YOU ROD THORN

linsivvi

Jim isn't an owner. He is basically a co-GM and has been for a long time. He runs player operations. He isn't like Jerry who simply does the checks.

Are you kidding me? Why is Magic and Phil saying Jim should do this, Jim should do that instead of Mitch? Everyone with relation to the organization knows who's in charge there. The last time I checked, Mitch is the GM and he should be the one making the decisions, not Jim.

You are being EXTREMELY disingenuous by saying he's just a co-GM. He's the owner's son who will get his ownership share of the team. How the hell do you think Mitch can do his job? If you have any experience in a work environment where the owner empowers his unqualified friends and relatives to run shit, you will know how that usually whacks the company while qualified employees leave.

Name me the things Jim has done to screw the franchise for 10 to 15 year. Or even now. I want to hear what the Lakers should have done that Jim prevented to make you afraid.

He hired Mike Brown.

I can tell you another thing. Mitch won't stay a Laker for long. You can quote me on that later.

It's nice that Phil said that, but guess what, Bynum should be the new focal point.

So now Phil is wrong and he's just like Magic who says shit while Jim is the gospel? Ok, I get it.

There's no point in arguing with you any more.

SamuraiX-

Lebron for a conference banner, I hear they're highly valued in Miami.

awshit lol

So I never got a chance to watch Jeff Taylor play, but after watching some analysis videos... damn. I think the kid is gonna be the steal of the late 1st round. Looks like he'll be a solid role player at the very worst.

Tyreke for Turner.

He can get back to drive-by shootings while giving us 20+ppg.

We got it covered, baby.

I'd do Turner for Reke tho.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Plus picks. I'd be willing to throw in Maynor, too.

I think it's ballpark. I'd rather have Ibaka, Perk and picks than 3 picks in the teens from Morey the Wizard.

Relax man, nothing's happening anyway, I'm just throwing scenarios out there. OKC's roster will look the same Friday as it does now (hopefully plus a guy like Draymond Green or Andrew Nicholson)

Just thought you were better than Laker/Rocket fans...

Blackace

also

NBA Comparison: Brandan Wright/Samuel Dalembert

lol wha?

SamuraiX-

So that means it's gonna happen then.

Josh and Doug will re-enact Spreewell by mid season.

Turner will watch...crying.

Jrue won't care.

Then Marvin can lighten the mood by talking about the good old days when he fooled the league into believing he deserved to be the #1 pick.

Blackace

I think the Cats should trade for the 4 and 24 since Cle wants Beal at 2..

T-Rob, Kidd or Barnes will still be on the board at 4... and with the 24 they could snag Fab Melo!

Jonm1010

Banned
So Houston's endgame according to espn is Dwight, Pau, or Drummond.......

I'm at a loss. One guy isnt sticking around after the year, one guy is nothing more then a cog for more mediocrity and first round exits. The last guy I guess might be something, but is it really worth probably giving up all three picks in order to take the drafts biggest question mark?

Blackace

I'm at a loss. One guy isnt sticking around after the year, one guy is nothing more then a cog for more mediocrity and first round exits. The last guy I guess might be something, but is it really worth probably giving up all three picks in order to take the drafts biggest question mark?

Most likely you could AD with 2 picks and maybe Scola

Trust me...it is.

If/when Drummond busts, then they are better off barley missing or making the playoffs and drafting 14 and 15 each year. If he pans out...hey center of the future...sweet.

The other options are probably not possible (don't trade for Pau...) but hey they aren't sitting around waiting for shit to happen for them.

giri

Trust me...it is.

If/when Drummond busts, then they are better off barley missing or making the playoffs and drafting 14 and 15 each year. If he pans out...hey center of the future...sweet.

The other options are probably not possible (don't trade for Pau...) but hey they aren't sitting around waiting for shit to happen for them.

No. they aren't.

You are never better in that position.

No. they aren't.

You are never better in that position.

I mistyped.

They are better off than just drafting 14-15th and be an actual lottery team in hopes of getting actual talent not just role players.

If Drummond fails then Morey will probably get the axe but the franchise would be legit ass instead of ass that has change it's boxers for that day.

I'm a Sixers fan...we have been mediocre for a decade.

Should've blown it up after we traded Iverson..but nope Andre Miller went beast mode and once we got a wiff of that playoff money we couldn't help oursleves.

Hell the year we did suck...was because Eddie Jordan is the worst coach ever. And then we fucked it up by taking Turner.

Staying the course without a star does nothing for you...nothing.

Houston got fucked by fate with Yao and TMac..this is their chance to either go big or step the needed steps back.

abuC

Morey on that hot seat.

He's to the point where he has to do something, whether it's the homerun in Dwight, the "eh not bad" in Pau or the "God please be good" in Drummond.

Jdez15

Banned
I'm tired of this drummond talk. He's his own player. The kid can play, just because there have been centers that have been busts, doesn't mean he will. I despise all this hate on drummond.

Morey: Overrated GM or OVERRATED GM?

If I have to hear Morey the Wizard after some of these deals he's been saved from recently... look, like players, GMs have their ups and downs. Let's (and by let's I mean thekad) not act like the dude is God's Gift here.

KingGondo

Banned
Just thought you were better than Laker/Rocket fans...
I'm bored, and it's fun to think about all the different possibilities OKC's assets could bring back.

At this stage, if you're OKC you only make a trade that makes you better for sure. You don't tinker with a young squad that was 3 wins away from a chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom