• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Man, it would take massive stones for Presti to move Harden for a guy like Beal.

I just don't see it happening, especially with the Bobs just acquiring Ben Gordon. Not to mention that Cho is looking to offload Tyrus Thomas' contract (yeah... no) and that Harden hasn't been re-signed yet. That would guarantee that the Bobs are gonna offer Harden a max deal, because there's no way they trade for him without being sure they could re-sign him (like Gordon in New Orleans).

All it basically does for OKC is that it solves the salary situation (temporarily) and downgrades OKC's bench for next year at the very least.

Or maybe Presti flips Harden for Beal, then flips Ibaka, Maynor, a couple Euro prospects and picks for Dwight.

Then Presti is elected President of the World and we all live happily ever after. Blowjobs, 18 year-old scotch and steak for everyone!

SamuraiX-

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
Who else is enjoying @dmorey 's performance this week? He just tried to trade his wife + kids to Sacramento for the #5 pick.

lmfao

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/8104180/news-notes-nba-draft

• Former Kansas forward Thomas Robinson said Wednesday that he should go No. 2 behind Davis. "I'm the best available player,'' he said. "I bring energy, can rebound and things you can't teach.''

Confidence is nice, but a little too much touting his own horn there. Beal is a much more valuable player than an hustling, undersized big.

• Austin Rivers would love to play in New Orleans with Anthony Davis and wants to be the No. 10 pick.
• Rivers worked out for Washington, Portland and New Orleans. He didn't go to Phoenix, but the Suns -- who draft 13th -- did interview him. Rivers said he's better suited to play in the NBA than in college, a point he said Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski echoed.

lol

"I can create with the ball and with my ballhandling I can get past my defender and create shots for myself,'' Rivers said. "I'm a good point guard with length.''

L O FUCKING L

• Rivers said he trademarked the tattoo on his left wrist that he got a few days ago that reads "M.O.A.M.'' He said it stands for Man On A Mission and there are already T-shirts created. He also got tattoos on two fingers with one saying "Dedicated" and the other "Determined.''

It's just... too easy.

Man, it would take massive stones for Presti to move Harden for a guy like Beal.

I just don't see it happening, especially with the Bobs just acquiring Ben Gordon. Not to mention that Cho is looking to offload Tyrus Thomas' contract (yeah... no) and that Harden hasn't been re-signed yet. That would guarantee that the Bobs are gonna offer Harden a max deal, because there's no way they trade for him without being sure they could re-sign him (like Gordon in New Orleans).

All it basically does for OKC is that it solves the salary situation (temporarily) and downgrades OKC's bench for next year at the very least.

Or maybe Presti flips Harden for Beal, then flips Ibaka, Maynor, a couple Euro prospects and picks for Dwight.

Then Presti is elected President of the World and we all live happily ever after. Blowjobs, 18 year-old scotch and steak for everyone!

And then you wake up and realize you still live in OKC

KingGondo

Banned
And then you wake up and realize you still live in OKC
You'll like Ibaka. He tries super-hard and will more than replace Dwight's blocking production.

DY_nasty said:
If Cho does this, I'll go commando for a year. Just for him.
wsp0615catsgm

Red blaster, pheeniks, Smokey.
I'm not enjoying close quarters very much. Too much like call of duty.
Surprisingly, I like maps with choke points.
Which maps have those?

You card, you were supposed to get Premium and not CQC alone. The M417 is a really good sniper rifle, maybe your camping ass will like it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I seriously would quit rooting for the Rockets if all of this was for Gasol... no way it is though.

KingGondo

Banned
giri said:
atleast gondo knows his is just fantasy.
I do think Presti is exploring every option. This just feels like one of those times that he'll make some kind of move, and there's usually not this much smoke coming from the media.

Realistically, we probably can't keep Ibaka, Harden and Maynor. Presti knows this and is probably trying to figure out ways those guys can be productively flipped.

If you think about it, Perkins and Ibaka plus picks for Dwight are a decent deal for Orlando.

Plus, we have OKC double agents as GMs in both Charlotte and Orlando.

Sam-Presti.jpg

"You never even saw the takeover coming. Get on my level, motherfuckers."

giri

it's not. if it happened tho....mannn

i already told myself if it does pau ain't getting off the bench in 2k13..ever

Or you could do the world a favor and not buy 2k13.

You know it's going to be a bug riddled half assed piece of shit.

I do think Presti is exploring every option. This just feels like one of those times that he'll make some kind of move, and there's usually not this much smoke coming from the media.

Realistically, we probably can't keep Ibaka, Harden and Maynor. Presti knows this and is probably trying to figure out ways those guys can be productively flipped.

If you think about it, Perkins and Ibaka plus picks for Dwight are a decent deal for Orlando.

Sam-Presti.jpg

Perkins and Ibaka isn't a decent deal unless it also comes with a top 10 pick.

Bringing in Dwight is interesting. But does that mean that you're starting Collison? if so.........

Canuck76

Banned
lmfao

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/8104180/news-notes-nba-draft

Confidence is nice, but a little too much touting his own horn there. Beal is a much more valuable player than an hustling, undersized big.

lol

L O FUCKING L

It's just... too easy.

God if we take him 6th I'm going to quite watching sports for life. It's probably Lillard small chance Drumm even smaller Waiters. No way in hell we take this idiot.

Kid thinks he already has all the tools..... he needs to to bulk up, learn to pass, play better D etc.

NOLA's too good for him

dy and the pussy cat?
Cho playin' fools left and right!
Dy and the Pussycats,
No effort and defense lax,
drove Silas to a heart attack,
Intentional losses, iron unkind
Don't you know
Dy don't mind...
Hurry, hurry

Cho's been going
over the master plan,
Acquire Pau Gasol to appease the fans,
Checking the draft for days now so
don't you know that
no matter how the draft may seem,
Harrison Barnes will play on your team...

Dy and the Pussycats,
beat the Knicks, I'll give you that...
SEASON TANKERS...
That's a fact,
Dy and the Pussycats...

Even though they're,
playing in Boondocksville,
Soon they'll have
a huge fanbase, yes they will...
Kemba triple-doubles
you'll just watch them
Climbing up the
standings chart,
Breaking ankles
breaking hearts...

Dy and the Pussycats,
Believes Corey Maggette's on crack,
He says he knows where it's at,
East, West, North, or South
Guaranteed to rock your house...
Dy and the Pussycats,
Dy and the Pussycats,
Dy and the Pussycats,
Dy and the Pussycats...

Bowser

Starting with a check in on the state of the Bobcats it's pretty hilarious that nobody has any clue what Charlotte will try and do tomorrow. Here's where the big boys stand, should they remain and use the #2 pick:

- ESPN believe the Bobcats will select Kansas PF Thomas Robinson

- CBS say that reports Charlotte will take Robinson are overblown, and that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is being strongly considered.

- Sports Illustrated are saying that Harrison Barnes is being 'seriously considered' for the pick.

So, nobody has any clue.

Sam-Presti.jpg

Presti looks like a member of the Geek Squad

whereas Rob has dat swag

AwaWcsGCEAAZZxv.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
Perkins and Ibaka isn't a decent deal unless it also comes with a top 10 pick.

Bringing in Dwight is interesting. But does that mean that you're starting Collison? if so.........
In my scenario the future Charlotte pick would go to Orlando as well, which is as good as a top 10 pick. Or maybe we give Orlando Maynor as well, and we take Jameer off their hands.

And I'm fine with starting Collison. We started goddamn Jeff Gomes at PF for multiple seasons. Nick is perfectly capable even if he's not a superstar.

Maybe we convince Orlando to draft Royce White or someone like that at 19 to be our backup PF as part of the deal.

CoffeeJanitor said:
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avgBlocks

Note that I never said Ibaka would be as good of a defensive player as Dwight, just that he would get more blocks

Red Blaster said:
Presti looks like a member of the Geek Squad

whereas Rob has dat swag
He's got swag because he knows Orlando's about to become OKC-East.
Except without anyone as good as Durant or Westbrook

SamuraiX-

God if we take him 6th I'm going to quite watching sports for life. It's probably Lillard small chance Drumm even smaller Waiters. No way in hell we take this idiot.

Kid thinks he already has all the tools..... he needs to to bulk up, learn to pass, play better D etc.

NOLA's too good for him

I just love how all his tattoos are completely antithetical to who he really is as a player.

Watching him in the NBA is gonna be absolutely comical.

In my scenario the future Charlotte pick would go to Orlando as well, which is as good as a top 10 pick. Or maybe we give Orlando Maynor as well, and we take Jameer off their hands.

And I'm fine with starting Collison. We started goddamn Jeff Gomes at PF for multiple seasons. Nick is perfectly capable even if he's not a superstar.

Maybe we convince Orlando to draft Royce White or someone like that at 19 to be our backup PF as part of the deal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avgBlocks

Note that I never said Ibaka would be as good of a defensive player as Dwight, just that he would get more blocks

He's got swag because he knows Orlando's about to become OKC-East.
Except without anyone as good as Durant or Westbrook

That doesn't make sense. Orlando was losing in 5 games in the Finals before OKC.

Orlando East.

A source close to Amare Stoudemire told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks' power forward will work with NBA legend and post-up coach Hakeem Olajuwon later this offseason.

Olajuwon will fly to New York in August to train with Stoudemire. The source also said Tyson Chandler might join Stoudemire for the workouts, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Olajuwon, 49, has previously worked one-on-one with three of the best players in the game: Kobe Bryant (2009), Dwight Howard (2010) and LeBron James last summer. Each player showed immediate improvement on the block in the following season.

Stoudemire's future work with Olajuwon could signal Mike Woodson's coaching strategy to use him more in the low post and have Chandler become the team's main high pick-and-roller with Jeremy Lin and Carmelo Anthony. (Stoudemire has more of a foundation in the low post already.)

In this scenario, the Knicks could have more defined roles and less crowding on the court, which would lead to better ball movement and scoring opportunities. They also need to score more in the paint and have more bodies for offensive rebounds besides Chandler, as they finished this past season in the middle of the league in both categories.

Stoudemire has never been a consistent back-to-the-basket threat -- he has mostly scored off drives, midrange jumpshots and pick-and-rolls -- but if he can combine his intensity and aggressiveness with some new moves from Olajuwon, he could be a more complete threat.
So now everyone works with Olajuwon.
Stoudemire is currently traveling overseas for a couple of weeks. Once he returns, he'll start a training program with a conditioning coach and physical therapist for his back. He suffered a bulging lower disk toward the end of this past season.
DAT GERMANY BLOOD THERAPY.

You card, you were supposed to get Premium and not CQC alone. The M417 is a really good sniper rifle, maybe your camping ass will like it.

i wasn't convinced of COD like maps for BF3.
and $50 just for the m417?
c'mon son.
lol

im pretty sure that's why he doesn't like it..he can't just sit in that same spot on oman for 30 minutes..when that's all you know how to do change is hard
can you blame me for picking hard to get to spots to snipe the fuck out of infantries?

i wasn't convinced of COD like maps for BF3.
and $50 just for the m417?
c'mon son.

can you blame me for picking hard to get to spots to snipe the fuck out of infantries?

50 bucks for all the expansions + early access + random bonus content and other shit

Armored Kill is gonna have hugh jazz maps to satiate your camping ass anyway;

Rivers has worse character issues than PJIII, that's fucking saying something.

He certainly worked miracles on LeBron.

PJII at least knows he's bitchmade (oh god I'm already justifying shit...)

Rivers thinks his name is LeMichbe Jardant. He's gonna get a lot of empty ass stats..but hey he could be someone's YNB.

YNR?

Bowser

Ok guys, something that's always bugged me. What does YNB stand for? I know it refers to Westbrook, but what does the actual acronym stand for?

We're gonna trade down for Rivers.

Michael: "I really liked his competitive fire. He reminds me of me."

*Camera pans over and we see Cho tied up and gagged in the corner*

Ok guys, something that's always bugged me. What does YNB stand for? I know it refers to Westbrook, but what does the actual acronym stand for?

Y NOT Brook.

As in:

"Russell, why'd you take that terrible ass twenty footer when you had Kevin Durant in the paint for an easy dunk?"

"Y NOT"

This draft sucks. No stars, just a bunch of no-name scrubs. College ball blows because they all leave after their freshmen year so they can't build up that college superstar hype. Fucking shit draft.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Why Not Brook

Because many wonder why you'd shoot a contested 3 pointer 7 seconds into the shotclock while ignoring guys like Harden and Durant - Wesbtrook asks "Why not?"

last good draft was 07' with durant and oden
we all knew who they were, they had big time hype

now we got some knucklehead with a unibrow, that's the only reason i know who this kid is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom