• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
idjSZeRiPTIC2.gif

lmao

Mothman91

Wtf is with DQX? It reminds me so much of DQVIII, might just buy it. Prob my favorite JRPG from the last decade.

Nvm, this bitch is a MMORPG, fuck that.

Btw draft night, can't wait.

Delonte, you so crazy

A Deron/Dirk pick and roll would be the most lethal in the NBA. Deron made Boozer look like an all star. Dirk has never played with a player as good as Deron and Deron has never played with a player as good as Dirk. I think with the Mavs' payroll the team could easily compete for another title.

bluemax

Banned
You guys need to email your GMs. If winning an NBA championship is something that interests you, lobby your GM/head coach to draft the outstanding players out of the University of Washington, specifically Terrence Ross, SG/SF and Tony Wroten Jr., PG/SG. But only if you want rings.

Why would they want to draft players from a school that couldn't even win its own conference tournament in a down year?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You guys need to email your GMs. If winning an NBA championship is something that interests you, lobby your GM/head coach to draft the outstanding players out of the University of Washington, specifically Terrence Ross, SG/SF and Tony Wroten Jr., PG/SG. But only if you want rings.

Wroten reminds me of Reke.. but with more court vision and less steamroll

cdyhybrid

Why would they want to draft players from a school that couldn't even win its own conference tournament in a down year?

Won the conference outright!

Wroten reminds me of Reke.. but with more court vision and less steamroll

If Wroten can develop a decent midrange game and hit open 3's he'd be an All-Star, IMO. His passing/vision is on another level for sure. Our team couldn't handle half his dishes because they came out of nowhere.

pilonv1

Chad Fords Mock 10 is up

Pick 10

Analysis: Hornets coach Monty Williams is a fan of Rivers, and Rivers really wants to be in New Orleans. The question is whether he can play alongside Eric Gordon. The Hornets think Rivers can be a point guard at the next level and are willing to try it.

Pick Marshall you fools

Brinbe

Chad Fords Mock 10 is up

Pick 10

Pick Marshall you fools

Thank Christ, Ford had Rivers going to us in previous mocks. I'd seriously go crazy if we picked his over-rated ass ahead of Drummond (who we'd swap for multiple assets) and Lamb/Ross (who I think will be better 2-guards at the next level).

I mean, seriously, does anyone in here want that douche on their team?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
‏
@ESPNAndyKatz

Boston and Dallas both making calls about moving up. But nothing imminent. Minnesota may get back in the first round.

Then why did we trade the pick in the first place?

giri

Remember him during that lakers series? He was actually playing well and looked solid, it all went downhill after that though. Everything did. fuck you ron artest.

The second half of that year, he was playing really well.

The back problems hurt him.Then the suns sucking hurt him. He actually developed a decent jumper (~10-12 foot) but they needed more from him.

He'll be one of those guys that gets traded as a throw in, then turns out to be a really important piece to that team.

gday, adam.

SamuraiX-

Chad Fords Mock 10 is up

Pick 10

Pick Marshall you fools

Seriously, if there's a team that should take Marshall over Rivers, it's NOLA.

That team is gonna be beyond fucked if they resign Gordon and start Rivers in the back court with him. Oh well. It'll provide endless laughs, I guess.

pilonv1

Oh god these Draft Express scouting videos are awesome. Perry Jones and Drummond look awesome but then so shit. Even when showing Davis' weaknesses he looked like a pro. These guys just looked like athletic guys you'd see in the gym.

Hmm just say Chad Ford on ESPN saying Harden would have to go to the Cats to get #2.

Brinbe

Would be a smart long-term move by Presti... pretty much shift Harden for Beal and save salary that could go to other needs.

And Waiters doesn't have the explosiveness of a Wade. If anything he's more Baron Davis without the passing ability. You can see what I'm saying in this workout vid.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If Coach K couldn't handle Austin Rivers' attitude on the college level then there isn't a single coach in the NBA that can handle his attitude on the NBA level.

I'll tell you this. When McBob declared, it didn't take long for the rumors to surface that he was a lockerroom cancer and he would not be missed in the slightest. The insiders have indicated problems were more with Curry and Dawkins and lack of senior leadership than Rivers being a cancer.
To me seeing the evaluaters talk about Barnes and Rivers in this draft is literally watching revisionist history in progress. I've seen both of them play several games over their college careers and have seen their strengths and weaknesses. These analysts are not interested in any of that, they want to promote the same narrative they said before these guys ever played college ball. Barnes was this can't miss eventual pro prospect, Rivers was selfish and arrogant. For all the talk of Barnes being a great scorer, he was essentially a jack em joe that took a large volume of shots at the detriment of the team's strength (post play). This also considers he had a great set up man in Marshall. Rivers averaged 16 ppg with a team that had a very balanced scoring attack and was the best driver easily. He improved a lot over the course of the season, defense and his offensive repetoire. Duke struggled last year because K had a hard time figuring out how to make all the pieces, and we ran a 4 out 1 in that wasn't very effective. It wasn't because Rivers was some huge lookerroom cancer that everyone hated. But that doesn't stop these analysts posting their lazy bullshit

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lolz

less than 5% of Rivers plays came from off screens/cuts. 74% from pick and roll, iso or transition.

YNR

You're not going to get a lot of screens from a 4 out 1 in, you going to space the d so he had room to drive or jack a 3. Not to mention Duke had no distributor worth a shit to get him the ball.

Gabyskra

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46800/truehoop-tv-thomas-robinson-and-jayla

Thomas Robinson talking about his life with his baby sister since they have both lost their whole family.

Now, here's someone who is not a kid. I have always said I really like Robinson, but this video just shows so much character, I can't help but being a fan already.

SamuraiX-

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they're currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight's NBA Draft.

Can't fucking wait for tonight...

So does the draft begin at 4:00pm or 4:30pm? Because I'm seeing there's some half-hour pre-draft show @ 4:00pm.

Can't fucking wait for tonight...

So does the draft begin at 4:00pm or 4:30pm? Because I'm seeing there's some half-hour pre-draft show @ 4:00pm.

4:30...

ESPN will say the same shit they said yesterday with Stu Scott dropping the worst jokes ever for half an hour during the pre-draft show.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
True but 2% on each of those is horrible.

He still has holes in his game he needs to improve and honestly he would have benefitted from another year in college. You have to remember when Rivers started with Duke, his lone offensive move was driving to the hoop, flailing into someone for contact, that was it and he was not good. When refs stopped calling that shit, he had to improve his finsih and did. He still needs to go left and develop a mid range.

I just don't want people to misinterpret River's shot selection as selfish when usually the second option was jack a 3 or hope Mason Plumlee could put up a shot without having to hold the ball for 2 seconds before he did something with it. The team had all sorts of problems, Rivers supposed attitude was not one. If it was, then the BBall program is doing a far better job of hiding it than they did with McRoberts. I think its lazy analysts promoting a narrative that people want to believe. They look at numbers and percentages, and not the actual games

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Multiple league sources say that NBA team doctors are concerned about a meniscus issue in Baylor forward Perry Jones III's knee.

While opinions vary among NBA doctors on the ramifications of the issue, some teams feel that the knee could be an issue down the road and at some point in the future require surgery. Not all teams have the same degree of alarm, but the concerns have caused Jones' stock to slide from the mid-to-late lottery portion of the draft down into the late teens and early 20s of the round.

Jones' agent, Bill Duffy, declined comment.
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/8106785/sources-knee-baylor-bears-jones-raises-red-flags

pilonv1

So Jones could end up going lower than Sullinger? Second round would be hilarious.

I told everyon Miller was a better prospect than Jones!

Brinbe

That's probably for the best for PJ3 anyway. Less pressure on him and more likely to go to a good team that'll take their time developing him.

That's probably for the best for PJ3 anyway. Less pressure on him and more likely to go to a good team that'll take their time developing him.

He was already going to miss the lottery without this, the knee could push him into the second-round and then he'd be back on a bad team.

Gotta say I'm in full on hype mode for the draft tonight. I'm hoping the kings don't drop the ball to much(they're gonna) so when we get the team in Seattle we can start off with something.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46800/truehoop-tv-thomas-robinson-and-jayla

Thomas Robinson talking about his life with his baby sister since they have both lost their whole family.

Now, here's someone who is not a kid. I have always said I really like Robinson, but this video just shows so much character, I can't help but being a fan already.
Sold on Rob

kamspy

I'm telling yall, if I could control the Knicks squad like on NBA 2k12, they be getting chips all decade. My GM moves were strokes of genius too. Greg Monroe is a defensive beast off the bench. Shump is my starting PG. In Shump we trust.

SamuraiX-

Kim English is a sleeper. Not gonna be a star but he will be a solid pro for someone.

I didn't get to watch anything of him, but I'd be happy if the Kings took English or D-Lamb with the 35th.

Also praying the rest of the NBA is sleeping on Jeff Taylor and he'll potentially fall to us. :D

charsace

Anthony Parker retired

does anybody give a shit?

He was a real good player in his prime and could have been a 15-18ppg secondary scorer if he played in the US during his prime. I don't understand how scouts missed the boat on him. The guy that played in the NBA was well past his prime and only came to the league to prove that he could make it in the NBA.

it was really cute seeing stephen A giving out blind support for odom

"He didn't quit on the Mavericks, he was THAT depressed that he left LA!"

charsace

Would be a smart long-term move by Presti... pretty much shift Harden for Beal and save salary that could go to other needs.

And Waiters doesn't have the explosiveness of a Wade. If anything he's more Baron Davis without the passing ability. You can see what I'm saying in this workout vid.

Harden is better than any sg prospect in this draft and Lamb is the only one that I see having a chance of being better than Harden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom